Chapter 5

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyeri never would have said yes to Officer Jeon. Spending the night with someone she barely knew was dangerous. Not that she has never been in a dangerous situation herself  ofcourse, but spending the night with some guy was beyond her boundaries.

However, there was something about this weird police officer that made Hyeri curious. A police officer wouldn't just comfort a victim just like Officer Jeon did back in the Starbucks, right? There was something odd about him, and Hyeri wanted to find out more. She couldn't do anything about her curiosity, her mind was just like that. Sometimes it would lead to good things, but sadly, most of the times it would lead to bad things. For example her criminal record ofcourse...

And now, she was locked in a goddamn cage.

Yes, a cage. You know, those 'cages' that police offices had to keep the criminals for a day until they would be bailed out. Ofcourse, it was not the first time Hyeri has been kept at the police office, so she was kind of 'used to it'. However, Hyeri was still pissed off. Not because she was prisoned in the police office, but because she was fooled by a certain young man.

After Jungkook hung up the phone, he gave Hyeri a little smirk as he was looking at her from his desk. Hyeri rolled her eyes at him and crossed her thin arms, waiting for his remark. Jungkook knew that she was expecting him to say something. However, the fellow just stayed still, wondering how the girl would react to this situation.

"You're being awfully quiet, officer Jeon", Hyeri started to speak as she tilted her head sideways, observing the handsome police officer with her eyes moving up and down. Jungkook chuckled as he crossed his arms and eyed the girl behind the bars.

"That's because I want to see your behavior in this situation. I like to observe, you know?", Jungkook answered back as he leaned back against his chair, enjoying every minute of this hilarious situation. He wasn't that much of a troller since he always hated pranks and stuff like that, but somehow it was very funny this time. Why did that girl even agree to stay the night with him? Was he that interesting? Was she that intrigued of him?

"I'm sure you do. I bet you also like to fool girls to have them sleeping with you, don't you?", Hyeri remarked as she moved her eyes to the ground, not wanting to look the police officer in the eye. It was partly because she was mad, but it was mostly because she was ashamed. How could she be so stupid to say yes? Was she that easy?

Jungkook frowned at her remark and opened his mouth to answer back, but before he could do this, he was interrupted by two people storming into the police office. As Jungkook looked up, he saw his Chief walking towards Jungkook. Jungkook immediately recognized the girl who was walking next to Taehyung. It was the coffee barista. As soon as the barista saw Jungkook, she immediately greeted him by respectfully bowing to him. As an automatic response, Jungkook bowed back.

"Hello Officer Jeon. I'm Malika Kiran, Nam Hyeri's good friend and lawyer. Can I see her, please?", Malika started to speak as the two males who were standing next to her gawked at her.

"Wait, you're a lawyer?!", Taehyung said astonished as he eyed Malika with wide eyes. Malika gave him a smile as she nodded her head to confirm that she was indeed a lawyer. "I'm a law graduate. I've been busy with trying to open my own lawyer business right now", she answered the Chief as she turned her eyes back to the young officer. Taehyung nervously scratched his head as he sat down in one of those uncomfortable chairs. "Ahh, so that explains her incredible memory capacities", Taehyung murmured as he remembered him interrogating the barista back in the hospital.

As Malika turned back to Jungkook, she started to speak. "As her lawyer, I have the right to see my client, so-"

"Are you blind or something?", Hyeri interrupted her best friend as leaned back against the cold and hard wall. Malika raised her brows and turned around, only to see Hyeri literally being captured behind bars. She sighed as she turned back to the two males behind her, bowing to them and signaling them that she would be back after she was done doing her business. Jungkook and Taehyung both nodded their heads as they gave her the permission to see Hyeri.

"You're allowed to see her. We will leave so you can have some privacy", Taehyung said as he tapped Jungkook on his arm, signaling him to stand up and come with him. Malika thankfully bowed her head to the police officers before they walked out of the police office. She then walked towards the 'cage' Hyeri was captured in, standing outside of the bars as she eyed her like she was going to scold her own child.

"This situation is becoming very familiar, isn't it?", Malika said as she crossed her arms and eyed Hyeri. Hyeri rolled her eyes at her best friend's remark.

"Yeah yeah, just tell me when I can get out of this cage because this place kind of suffocates me", Hyeri said as she nervously fumbled with her fingers and moved her eyes around the cage. The space was very small and ever since Hyeri was accidentally trapped into her basement when she was 5, she was suffering from claustrophobia. Malika noticed her best friend's nervousness and sighed softly.

"I can try to bail you out by tomorrow, but I can't guarantee you that since you have already ed up several times in the past...", Malika said as she grabbed her purse and took out some files. She looked through some of them, and then she stopped after finding a certain file. Hyeri immediately knew what kind of file it was. It was her criminal record.

Hyeri really despised her criminal record. That piece of paper was literally 'prove' for all her wrongdoings in her past, and people would prejudice her because of it. Well, ofcourse Hyeri herself was to blame for it, but she was also just a human with personal feelings. It would still hurt her if people would give her a disgusting look, cringing their faces as they wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter