Chapter 12

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How is the girl still alive?! I thought you already handled everything??”, the doctor desperately rambled as he paced back and forth with his phone in his trembling hands. His pastel white office normally gave a calm vibe, which mostly made his patients calm down when they were having a nervous breakdown. However right now, because the curtains were closed and the lights were out, the office gave a scary and chilly vibe.

“I don’t know, boss! I really thought that she would be dead by now…”, the voice on the other side spoke. Seokjin could hear the other voice trembling from fear, and normally Seokjin would have calmed him down. However right now the doctor was just too angry to do that right now. So he just went on with his ranting.

“Well, apparently she’s not, otherwise she would’ve been underneath the cemetery instead walking on it!!”.

Seokjin noticed that he was basically yelling over the phone, so he decided to lower and soften his tone, but in a way that it was clear that he was still mad.

“You better take care of this. I’m counting on you, Jung Hoseok”.

 

~

 

After Malika hung up her phone, she has been constantly fumbling with her fingers. Yes, she was nervous. She tried to get rid of her nervousness by looking around the coffeeshop and clearing her head. Malika noticed that the coffeeshop was awfully busy today, and she always hated that. A busy coffeeshop meant more stress, and Malika was someone who didn’t handle stress… very well.

But to say that Malika was being stressed right now? No. She was just nervous as heck, and she did not even know why. It was just chief Kim Taehyung, who basically ordered a hot cup of chocolate and asked Malika to take a break and accompany him. Jimin was not being helpful either, since he said that it was okay for her to take a break because she didn’t had one yet.

Malika had one habit, and that was biting her under lip everytime she’d get nervous. And she was certainly biting down her lips right now.

“If you keep on biting your lip that way it will bleed, so please stop it”.

Malika looked up, only to see Kim Taehyung, who probably came back from the bathroom, looking down to her with a soft and caring smile on his lips. This made Malika immediately stop biting her lip, clearing as she nervously scratched the back of her neck. Taehyung took his seat once again as he shoved a cup of coffee in the girl’s direction, still with a soft smile plastered on his face.

“I actually don’t like coffee, I only drink it because it keeps me awake most of the time. But your colleague said that you liked fresh brewed coffee the most, so I ordered one for you”, the chief simply said, making Malika drop her jaw slightly.

“Ah, n-no. I can’t take this from you, I already owe you a lot, chief Kim!”, Malika blurted out nervously as she shoved the cup back to him, refusing to take it from him since she did not want to be bother to him. While she did this, she made a mental note to herself that she would kill Park Jimin later on the day.

Taehyung was taken aback from her refusal, but that didn’t last long as he just chuckled and shook his head. “You really need some coffee, though. And besides, I already paid for it, so it wouldn’t be very nice of you to decline”, Taehyung said with a little pout on his lips. Malika almost choked in her saliva after seeing his pout.

“Okay, Chief Kim, I’ll take it. Thank you”, Malika sighed as she took the hot cup of coffee in her hands, having a little sip and afterwards sighing from relief. Although she originally didn’t want coffee, she couldn’t deny that she needed it. After all, coffee has been her stress and nervousness reliever for years.

“Just call me Taehyung, Malika”, Taehyung said before having a sip of his hot chocolate.

Malika choked in her coffee by hearing him saying her name like that. That deep and husky voice was her weakness, so she didn’t know if she could even bear it, hearing that voice calling her name like that.

“O-Okay”, Malika stuttered as she tried to look him in the eyes, however failing miserably because she was looking at everything except his dark brown orbs. Taehyung noticed that the girl was nervous, which made him chuckle softly. He couldn’t help but think that she was really cute like that.

“Perhaps, do you find me intimidating?”, Taehyung nonchalantly asked, eying Malika while unconsciously wetting his lips with his tongue. Malika slightly widened her eyes seeing the chief his lips in front of her.

“No, no! Not at all!”, Malika quickly answered, a little bit too quickly actually. She mentally scolded herself for being such an awkward mess. The chief just nodded in amusement and chuckled for the second time before taking another sip of the cup. After doing this, he opened his mouth to say something. However, before he could say something, he was interrupted by his younger friend, who was now standing right next to their table.

“Hyung? What are you doing here?”, Jungkook asked Taehyung, moving his eyes from Taehyung to Malika, and then back to Taehyung again.

“Jungkook? I didn’t notice you coming in”, Taehyung remarked, looking up to see the younger police officer with a woman standing next to him. The woman, who happened to be Nam Hyeri, slightly bowed to the chief and muttered a little ‘hello’, at which Taehyung just smiled and nodded his head once, greeting the woman back.

Jungkook slightly leaned towards Hyeri. “Is this what you meant with ‘dubble date’?”, Jungkook whispered in her ear, slightly smiling because he found this situation kind of amusing. Hyeri nodded her head quickly, trying to suppress a laugh seeing Malika looking at her with those desperate eyes that were screaming for help.

“We’re going to order a cup of coffee”, Hyeri said, pointing with her dumb to the cash register, where all the orders were taken. She took Jungkook by his wrist and pulled him with her, away from the awkwardness that was lingering at that tabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter