Chapter 2

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Hyeri was scared or afraid of something, she never would admit it. Whenever she saw a spider, she pretended that she was doing fine. But deep down inside, she was literally screaming. Her spider phobia was apparently incurable.

Trying to hide her real feelings, yeah. Hyeri was an expert in that. Especially after her parents were murdered. After recovering from the trauma, she promised herself that she wouldn't be weak anymore. She promised herself, that she would be strong, no matter what happens. Because apparently, being strong would be fixing many problems. And it would be like this one. With the balaclava dude.

"Indeed, you're right. The coffee barista is indeed in your arms", Hyeri said as she came closer to the thief again, eying him from bottom to top. Hyeri opened to say something sassy again, but before she could do this, she saw a guy walking up to her, then standing next to her with his arms crossed, eying the balaclava thief.

Hyeri pulled up a brow as she looked at the guy next to her, who was trying to ignore her as much as he could. Deep down inside, Hyeri admitted that the guy was pretty lean and handsome. His skin was pale (but in a healthy way), his hair was pure black and he had an angelic face. He had a black Colbert on with a white t-shirt underneath, dark blue jeans and black converse low sneakers. So he actually looked like a normal guy. However, why did Hyeri had the feeling that this guy gave off a strongly unusual vibe?

"Listen up dude. If you want the money then you have to let the barista talk right?", the guy said with an amusing smirk as he tilted his head to the side. The thief nervously eyed the guy from bottom to top, wondering where he came from and who the heck he could be.

Malika, who was almost out of breath because of the heavy grip she was in, was wondering who the stranger could be. His voice was VERY similar to her, only she couldn't place it. She wanted to peek a glance at the guy, but she couldn't move her head because the balaclava dude held it too tight. And if she would use her eyeballs they would literally fall out of her skull, so that was not an option either.

"Excuse me sir", Hyeri suddenly said, making everyone in the shop startle a little bit out of the sudden silence, "but may I ask you who you are?".

The guy let out an amusing laugh as he turned around to the girl next to him. "Hmm, if I let you know who I am", Jungkook said as he pointed his thumb to the thief in front of him, "this lovely thief might escape".

Hyeri was dumbfounded. She tapped her chin in silence and tried to think. The thief might escape? What? Why would he even? Was the thief running away from this guy? Why? Unless...

Hyeri looked up and suddenly her eyes fell behind the balaclava dude, on the guy which the low converse guy was earlier with. It was then the guy pulled up his official ID card, proving that he actually was a police officer. Hyeri's eyes widened and she tried to suppress a smile. The police officer, apparently named Kim Taehyung, made a gesture that she had to keep quiet. Probably because he didn't want the thief to find out that he actually was caught right away by two police men.

That also meant that the guy standing next to her was also a police officer. Hyeri always tried to avoid cops herself because of her criminal record, but right now at this moment, she was glad to see some police officers. Believe it or not, Hyeri still wanted to see her best friend alive after this whole scenery...

"W-what? I d-don't have time for th-this crap!", the balaclava thief stuttered as his grip on Malika became tighter. "Where is the m-money?!", the thief yelled as he readjusted the gun that was pointing to Malika's head. Hyeri looked in Malika's eyes, and she literally could see the fear in them. And that was what Hyeri hated the most, eyes that were crying because of fear. Eyes that were screaming for help.

Hyeri gulped once as she nervously turned around to the police officer next to her, seeking for help. Seeing the guy not even taking one glance at her (but to the floor, possibly thinking about how he could solve this situation), she turned around to see Malika almost choking because of the tight grip of the thief. Hyeri suddenly felt sorry for Malika and at this moment, she wished that she was in Malika's place herself instead of Malika. Hyeri was used to these kind of situations, but she was panicking right now, because her best friend could be killed if they would do one thing wrong.

There was only one option to save Malika, and Hyeri was going to use that option. She then turned around, to the table on which her own gun was placed. Hyeri knew what to do now.

Hyeri did not know why, but she suddenly thought of her parents, which she lost in a horrible and senseless way.

"Hyeri, your parents were killed by a huge car accident".

The words of Teacher Song still wandered through her head.

"Hyeri, your parents were nice people, it's a pity. Really".

"Hyeri, they sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter