Chapter 10

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly in Seoul. For most people, today was just another normal hot summer day. People would spend their day by going to work and then going home after their working day was over, just like any other day. Children would spend their day by going to the playground and play with other kids whom they had never seen, or eat some delicious ice cream with their parents.

However for Jeon Jungkook, this day was not just like any other day. July 11th . It was the date of his uncle's death anniversary. So, instead of doing his job at the police office, he would spend every July 11th at the cemetery, drinking some soju with basically, his uncle's grave.

"Cheers, uncle!", Jungkook cheered, sitting down beside his grave as he held up the green soju bottle. He gave a slight glance at his uncle's grave, before taking a sip from the bottle. After he took the sip, he immediately put down the green bottle with a sour face. Jungkook actually never drank soju because he did not like the bitter taste. July 11th was basically the only day in which he would drink it, but he always declined drinking soju in other occasions. Being drunk would be a burden to his duty as a police officer anyway.

"How's heaven, uncle? Are the angels treating you right?", Jungkook asked softly, trying to hold his tears back. If he had to be honest, Jungkook would always find it hard to look at his uncle's grave, let alone to talk to it. Because whether you'd like it or not, Jungkook never got an answer back.

And that's where Jungkook realizes, that his uncle is gone forever.

"I sincerely hope the angels are treating you well up there, uncle", Jungkook smiled as he stood up straight, eying the engraved golden letters on his uncle's black grave. Jeon Seojun. That was his name.

His uncle was the older brother of his father. But unlike Jungkook's dad, his uncle was a nice man with common sense who lived a good life. Jungkook still doesn't understand how his own father made such a mess of his own life and therefore ruined the life of his own beloved wife and son. Whenever Jungkook would think of his father, he would feel anger inside of him. He was angry at his father for leaving him. He was angry at his father for not visiting his wife's funeral. He was the cause of her death after all.

But Jungkook was mostly angry about the fact that his father did not even acknowledge his uncle as his own brother. Especially after the things his uncle did for his dad.

Jungkook let out a sigh and suppressed the thoughts of his own father. It was his uncle's death anniversary, for god's sake. This was not the moment to think of that bastard.

Jungkook regained himself as he tried to look for something to say to his uncle.

"I can't just descend to heaven and check up on you, you know?", Jungkook laughed softly, putting his hands in the pocket of his jacket. "It's not like I want to go to heaven anyways, at least not right now... You probably wonder why, don't you?".

Jungkook suddenly smiled from ear to ear, thinking about a certain someone who has managed to make him feel more happy and comfortable than he has ever felt since his uncle died. And he only knew the person for a day or so.

"Uncle... I met this certain someone... And I can't stop thinking about her".

~

"NAMJOON DID YOU SPILL COFFEE ON A CUSTOMER AGAIN?!", Malika angrily asked as she eyed Namjoon with furrowed brows. Namjoon let out a nervous chuckle as he scratched the back of his neck, looking for the right words to say to his obviously mad female colleague.

"Well Malika, see it on the bright side", Namjoon began, lowering his hands and nervously fumbling with the hem of his green Starbucks shirt. "At least it wasn't hot coffee this time!".

Malika stared at him with wide eyes before actually closing them and face palming herself. Behind her, she heard a certain male chuckle at the incident that was happening in front of him.

"And I'm the one here with no jams? Pffft Namjoon hyung, you should know better", Jimin chuckled, but quickly ran away before Malika could give him a good smack on his baby face.

"Why am I even still working at this goddamn place?! First I get kidnapped by a crazy balaclava thief and now I have to deal with clumsy kids who don't even know how to deliver a cup of coffee decently ", Malika muttered underneath her breath while getting a mop and handing it to Namjoon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter