Chapter 4

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Seokjin was an outstanding doctor in the Seoul Hospital. He was a professional in his job, and mostly known as that one doctor with the magic healing hands. He could even heal the patients of which their name was already on the dead list. Yeah, he was that good.

"Dr. Kim? Mrs Park is here for her weekly appointment", he heard the nurse say as he was sitting behind his desk in his office, preparing for his next appointment. Kim Seokjin looked up from his papers and moved his eyes towards the nurse that was standing in the opening. He gave her a smile as he signaled her that he was ready for the appointment.

"Bring her in". The nurse looked like she could melt because of his million dollar smile.

Kim Seokjin's second name was flawless. According to his colleagues and patients, he was perfect and had no flaw which could be corrected. He was also loved by his colleagues and patients, especially the female ones. Other doctors would appreciate that. Kim Seokjin however, didn't. And that's where his colleagues and patients were wrong.

Because he was definitely not flawless. He had one big flaw, a flaw nobody wouldn't want to wish for.

And that was despising people. Despising people to the level that lives were being sacrificed.

--------------------------------

10 PM.

"So, Nam Hyeri-ssi", Jungkook started talking as he looked up to Hyeri from his computer screen. "You may use your right to keep silent, but-"

"But that wouldn't be beneficial in my position, I know", Hyeri interrupted Jungkook as she crossed her arms and leaned back into her uncomfortable seat. She looked around the police office and came to the conclusion that literally all police offices looked the same. Jungkook raised his brows as he looked at the girl in front of him, probably astonished about what she just said.

"Okay...", Jungkook muttered as he turned back to his computer screen, checking out Hyeri's profile in the database. The more he scrolled through the information, the more astonished he became. Ever since three years ago, this girl has been doing things a girl at her age shouldn't do. And let's not forget the criminal record. Jungkook let out an amusing laugh as he moved his eyes from the screen to Hyeri again.

"Ahh, so that's why you knew what I was going to say", Jungkook laughed amusingly. Hyeri just shrugged and nodded her head. "I am familiar with these... kind of situations. It did not surprise me when your colleague told me that I needed to come here", Hyeri said as she took a sip of her water. Despite this whole adventure, the weather was still hot and dry. Hyeri made a mental note that if she ever had the chance to move abroad, she would move to Europe. Where the summers are not as hot as in Korea.

Jungkook sighed as he pulled his drawer out to take out the notebook that he used earlier with the drunk dude. He then took a pen out of his pocket and started to write down something. When the officer was done, he looked up to the 'criminal' in front of him and sighed again. 

"Okay, Nam Hyeri-ssi. I am going to ask you a few questions regarding the balaclava thief and the gun you had brought with you", Jungkook started as he eyed Hyeri in rather a intimidating way. Hyeri raised her brow by hearing him like this. This was certainly not the same guy that tried to comfort her back in the coffeeshop. But what else could've Hyeri expect? That this police officer was an exception and for once truly cared about her, unlike other regular officers? No, they were just doing their jobs. 

Hyeri sighed as she nodded her head, signaling the officer to go on. 

"Exactly when did you notice the thief walking into the coffee shop for the first time?", Jungkook asked, eying Hyeri as he was playing with his pen. Hyeri tilted her head sideways as she tried to think of a good answer to this question. 

"I was talking with Malika about my rent and when my eyes fell behind her I saw this weird, suspicious figure coming inside of the store. I did not pay attention very well so I did not see his balaclava, I only saw the part below his head. Only when the thief started to grab Malika I knew this guy was not just a normal guy that would go get a frappuchino", Hyeri answered as she took a sip of her water. Jungkook just nodded at her answer and wrote down something in his yellow notebook.

"Before I came with Chief Taehyung, did he say something... I don't know... Strange?", Jungkook continued to ask without even looking up f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter