Chapter 1

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook never liked his job. As a police officer, it was his duty to make the city as save as possible. He liked the fact that he could save people with this job, but in some way he still did not like his job. Maybe because it was not his dream job? As a high school student, Jungkook once dreamed about being a singer and dancer. He enjoyed being on stage, since he had his own band in high school.

Unfortunately, his dream of being a singer and dancer was all ruined because of a certain reason. And now he was here, in the police office, interrogating a drunk idiot that was stalking his ex-wife. Not to mention that it was a hot summer day. Jungkook internally sighed as he fanned himself with a couple of papers, wiping the sweat off of his forehead and ing the first few buttons of his dark blue uniform.

"So, the name is Park Sujoon", Jungkook said as he quickly scanned the files. As he looked at the details in the files, he let out an amusing smirk. This guy has been arrested several times for the same assault. Badass.

"Mr. Park, I don't know if you realize it, but this is not the first time you have been arrested like this", Jungkook said monotone as he looked up from the files. As expected, the drunk guy did not answer him, so Jungkook went on.

"You might not know what the consequences are of being arrested multiple times, but I will explain it with all my pleasure", Jungkook said as he picked up the cup of Starbucks coffee he bought earlier this day. As he took a sip, he immediately furrowed his brows. Not that it was not tasty... It was just cold.

"Well, there goes my two bucks of coffee", Jungkook whispered as he pulled out a drawer of his desk to get a pen and a blank paper.

"You may use your right to stay silent mr. Park, but if you use it, do realize that, especially in your situation, the right can have a negative effect on you", Jungkook said as he scribbled some noted on the blank paper. "So if you would be so kind as to tell me why you're here and what you did, that would be nice".

"Aishh, this young fellow...", Mr. Park snapped as he eyed the young police officer from bottom to top. Life was unfair. Never could he remember a time when he would look as good as the police officer that was in front of him, interrogating him like he could not be more bored.

This will be a long, hot summer day, Jungkook thought as he took another sip from his cold coffee. Well, at least the coffee could cool him off on this hot day.

_________________________________________________________________

"AHHHH IT'S SO HOT!!!", the 21-years old Malika sighed frustrated as she fanned herself with her hand, which was not really helping. She took a sip from her frappuchino, enjoying her 15 minutes break, of which she thought was too short, especially on a hot and busy day like this. Malika heavily sighed.

Malika normally hated rainy weather, but this time, she wanted it to rain so badly just to cool off. Heck, she would even stand in the rain just to wash all the sweat away. Oh, how nice would that be.

Unfortunately, life hated Malika and of course, made her work in the Starbucks on this bloody, hot day. This bloody, hot day made the Starbucks more busy, which frustrated her even more than the hot summer day. There was nothing good about working as a barista in the Starbucks. The only good thing that happened to her was a good looking police officer stopping by to buy himself a medium sized hot coffee.

"Yah! Malika!".

Malika immediately recognized that voice, so she heavily sighed again. The amount of sighing heavily was a record, Malika thought as she took a sip from her frappuchino again and waved to her best friend that was now walking up to her.

"You're on a break?" Hyeri asked as she arrived. Malika just nodded her head as she suggested Hyeri to sit down. Hyeri then sat down in front of Malika as she took the frappuchino from Malika's hands and she took a sip herself. Malika was bewildered. "Yah! That's mine!", Malika said frustrated as she snatched the cup from Hyeri's hands. Hyeri furrowed her brows and crossed her arms. "But I want to drink a frappuchino too!", Hyeri mockingly said as she playfully stomped her feet on the ground. Malika internally palmed her face.

"How old are you? Three? Go buy one yourself while you're at it!", Malika said as she rolled her eyes and took another sip of her frappuchino.

"Ughhhhh but I don't have any money!!!", Hyeri said as she shook her body, trying to be semi-cute. Malika rolled her eyes and palmed her face again. All she wanted was a quiet and calm break of 15 minutes, but it looks like that will not happen either.

"Then go find a job", Malika said monotone. As Malika said this Hyeri sighed heavily and rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"Do you think I would be sitting here if I was able to find one?", Hyeri said as he scratched her head and looked out of the window. "I can't find one because of my criminal record. Even the Starbucks would not hire me as a barista..."

And this is where Malika felt bad for her best friend. She sighed as she put her frappuchino on the wooden table and shoved the cup towards Hyeri. Hyeri muttered a soft 'thanks' as she took some big sips from the cup. Before Malika knew it, the cup was empty, and she heavily sighed again.

"Are you still thirsty?", Malika asked as she stood up from her seat. "My break is over now, so I could make you one frappuchino again." Hyeri shook her head. "No thanks, I have to run. I got an appointment right now".

"Appointment?", Malika asked as she crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side. "What kind of appointment? And with who?", Malika asked suspiciously as she sat down again. She did not trust this at all.

Hyeri sighed again as this time she stood up from her seat, pulling her hood up and getting ready to explain the whole thing to her best friend. "Well... You know I kind of need money to pay my rent, right?".

One of Malika's brows went up as she slowly nodded her head. It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter