Chapter 9

The Police Officer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eomma, appa. I have come…”

Hyeri smiled softly while she eyed the family grave in front of her, in which both her parents are buried. With teary eyes, she bent down to put the bouquet of flowers on the grave. The girl let out a heavy sigh as she traced the engraved letters of her parents’ names on the marble grave stone. Park Hyojin and Nam Jeongwoo.

“It has been 4 years already…”

No matter how hard she tried to move on, somehow she just couldn’t. And here she was again, semi-crying because her life was such a mess and her parents were not here to support and comfort her. At moments like these, she hated her life.

“I miss you guys so much… Can’t you just come back? And be with me?”, Hyeri sniffed as she felt a tear falling down. Then more and more tears were falling down, and Hyeri was soon a crying mess. She always cried when it was her parents’ death anniversary, but this time, it seemed like the crying was more worse than normal.

Just when would the never ending suffering stop?

 

~

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!”

“YES! I win!!”, Taehyung exclaimed as he happily threw his arms in the air after beating Jungkook with rock, paper, scissors. “You pay for dinner today!”. Jungkook huffed as he banged his head on his desk. However, he banged it a little bit too hard, because soon after that he felt a stinging pain on his forehead.

“This is not fair…”, Jungkook muttered as he rubbed his aching forehead with a pout on his lips. “You’re the hyung anyways. Aren’t older people supposed to pay dinner for the younger ones?”. Taehyung just scoffed at the police officer’s remark as he rolled his eyes.

“You only acknowledge the Korean etiquette when it comes to paying for the food, huh?”, Taehyung said as he eyed Jungkook with crossed arms, who was still rubbing his aching forehead. He never should bang his forehead against his desk ever again, he thought silently.

“Okay, fine. I’ll pay for dinner today. But I have something to take care of before dinner…”, Jungkook sighed, standing up from his ‘not-so-comfortable’ chair as he grabbed his jacket and put it on. Taehyung watched him with a raised brow, wondering what he was up to.

“And what exactly is that, Seagull?”, Taehyung asked the officer with a mischievous smirk. Jungkook rolled his eyes at the silly nickname, but didn’t say anything further. He was not in the mood for Taehyung’s cocky remarks right now.

“Which date is it today, hyung?”, Jungkook just asked while grabbing his keys from his desk and putting them in his pocket. Taehyung just eyed him with a raised eyebrow again, but answered his question anyway.

“July 11th, why?”

Jungkook just looked at his older friend, smiling softly at him. It was then when Taehyung realized what the date meant. He eyed Jungkook with wide eyes that were full of guilt, feeling stupid for not realizing it earlier as he mentally cursed himself.

“Sh-. Jungkook-ah, I’m so sorry… I didn’t realize that… ”, Taehyung cursed under his breath as he nervously scratched the back of his head. Jungkook just chuckled at the older’s nervous behavior, finding it actually kind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter