••••

Room What?! [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 004 - A Day With....

Luhan was weak from not consuming any source of energy for more than half of the whole day. He was really freaked out at the thoughts of the roommate or house buddy outside his room. The man who may be the landlord. The man who may be responsible for lying to him about being home all night. The one who have moved appliances in and around him as he slept on the kitchen floor. 

A sudden knock came to his door from outside and made him jump a little. There was a moment of silence, and fear, in the air before Jongdae broke it. "Hey Luhan, we don't have any furniture for our living room yet. I thought we should go out together today and look for some." 

Luhan shook his head at the invitation, "N-no. Actually I-I have work to do. You go on ahead, anything you choose will be alright." Hoping the lad would agree and leave, he was disappointed when the male began to speak. 

"Oh come on, come with me. I need your idea and input too, I mean aren't you into some kind of art career? You may have a better sense than me when it comes down to designs." 

Luhan's heart skipped a beat. How did this Jongdae know that he was into art? He have never told the man before. Or at least don't remember telling him. "S-sorry I have somewhere else to be today." Luhan said aloud. 

"Alright, then we'll go when you're free!" Jongdae said from the outdoor. Luhan's eyes widen when he didn't like the idea, he quickly head over to the door and swing it wide open to see Jongdae. 

"Actually I have nothing to do so let's go. But we have to be quick." Luhan said in a hurried voice, earning a clueless nod from Jongdae. 

"Oh? Sure." 

Luhan walked quickly into the furniture store while Jongdae followed with easy footings. As Jongdae scanned the store, he nodded when it was satisfying. Everything looked neat, organize, and clean. He believed Luhan does have great tastes, as he predicted. 

Luhan hurried to the counter and was left alone to face two of the workers there. "Look, I need your help." He whispered. 

"Yes? What can we help you with?" The man of the two workers asked. He was skinny and tall, as well as good looking. 

"First off is there someone behind me?" He asked. The two strangers began looking behind Luhan, then finally they shook their heads. Luhan nodded, "Good, now listen carefully. You guys saw a guy come in after me right?" The two gave him a confused look, making him hurry with what he wanted to say. "Anyway look, I need you to call the police. He's insane and is extremely dangerous." Luhan whispered some more. 

Without any further questions the woman of the two turned to grab the wired phone, meanwhile the man leaned forward a little. "Why is he following you?" 

Luhan leaned closer, "I don't know why but I'm his target." 

"Since when?" 

"Yesterday." 

A wave of fear quickly washed the man's face. 

Meanwhile Jongdae was testing out the bounciness on a couch. He chuckled a little to himself when the red cushion was soft and comfortable. "Hey Luhan! Let's get this!" Jongdae exclaimed without really looking where Luhan was in the whole store. Jongdae stood up and examined the couch some more. "Hey Luhan, come here. This couch is perfect for our home!" 

When nothing but silence continued to answer him, Jongdae finally made the move to look around the store for Luhan. 

But Luhan wasn't anywhere to be found. 

Jongdae approached the counter and noticed how the man stiffen, "The guy I came in with earlier, do you know where he went?" 

The man shook his head quickly. "S-sorry I don't know." 

Something seemed suspicious, the man was stiffed and the woman behind him kept turning away from Jongdae's gaze everytime they're about to meet. "Nevermind." Jongdae said to the guy and stepped away, then he spun around and head out of the building. 

Once he was out of sight, Luhan popped his head up from behind the counter. "Whoa, isn't he scary?" 

"Yes, yes he is." The man said, still frozen in his spot. "His eyes, they were taunting." The man added as an afterthought, but it earned Luhan and the woman's nods in agreement. 

Jongdae had his hands on his hips as he stood some paces away from the furniture store. He quickly glance around to see if Luhan was nearby. His tongue was stuck out on the side of his mouth. Then before he could proceed to look for the latter again, his phone rang. Jongdae reached into his pocket and pulled out the ringing device, as he brought it up to his ear he listened carefully to the caller. After listening to the caller's calls, he narrowed his eyes a little. 

"Fine, meet me there." 

Luhan bowed to the two workers with a thankful smile on his face, "Thanks for saving me. I won't forget your kindness. One day when I become a successful animator and become rich, I will treat you two out to the best restaurant in all of Seoul!" He boasted with his arms thrown into the air. 

"No thanks, just come by and buy some of our furnitures. That's all we ask for." The man said. 

"And if you ever run into the scary man again, do come here and we'll help you again." The woman added with a kind smile. Luhan nodded with a hum. 

Then behind them the door swung wide open, stealing everyone's attention. 

"Luhan!" Luhan's smile was wiped off his face and so was his soul. By

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter