Room What?! [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 011 - Sehun

“So what?” Jongdae asked as if he didn’t get the idea the first time.

“We’ll have to take the criminal in.” Dongwoo said ready to gestured for the officer to make a move but Jongdae’s stormy voice halted them in place.

“Stop right there!” Jongdae’s eyes were burning with fire as they were locked in Dongwoo’s cool ones. “How dare you barge in and make a scene in my hospital?!”

“We’re following the laws here.” Dongwoo said but Jongdae didn’t budge.

“As professionals of two completely different careers at least the one thing we share in common is saving people’s lives. Aren’t you ashamed trying to take a patient of mine to prison without even an arrest warrant?” Jongdae asked in a demeaning tone.

Dongwoo scoffed in disbelief, “People or not, he committed a crime. Are you going to protect a criminal?!”

“My job is to save all people criminals or not. From the richest to the poorest, from the capable to the disabled! So what evidence do you have to claim my patient as a criminal and speak of regulations in front of me?!”  

Dongwoo in his breath, “We told you earlier that we have gathered the proofs from her social media! If you don’t believe me then check your patient! Did he or did he not come in with bullet wounds?!” Dongwoo raised his voice. His voice echoed through the room of the hospital and soon it was dead silent, as everyone’s attention was drawn toward them.

Jongdae eyed Sehun for a moment but the lad said nothing. Thus Jongdae stated in the clearest voice he possibly could. “My patient came in bleeding with wounds but you’re mistaken. His wounds were not caused by bullets but stabs to his internal organs. You said my patient took two shots while attempting to murder? Then shouldn’t you be asking yourself why the deceased had a weapon and why was my patient stabbed?! Detectives.” Jongdae added to mock the other party.

“Are you dumb? He was trying to commit suicide after he murdered her.” Dongwoo pointed out, which earned a chuckle from Jongdae.

“Detective Jang, I’m sure as detective you could have come up with better reasons than social media and assumptions if you were really here to arrest a murderer. The weapon inserted into my patient was brought in with him as well, why don’t you take that and have it examined before accusing my patient of murder. As detective you should know how untrustworthy media play is. If you cannot provide any sufficient and efficient evidences then get out. I have many patients to take care of,” Jongdae said after trying his best not to explode again as patients and their visitors were watching.

Dongwoo flattened his eyes a little, “Keep your words. If I find just a little ounce of clues that he did murder Lee Soomi, I will come back to arrest both you and that criminal.” As Dongwoo spun around Jongdae spoke again.

“As long as it’s sufficient, efficient, and valid evidence. I will gladly walk into prison for you.”

Dongwoo didn’t respond and left with the police officer. Sehun exchanged a quick glance with Jongdae before leaving. Jongdae wasn’t sure whose side Sehun was on or what were the information that were kept from Jongdae’s knowledge. But he was sure that whatever it was, Sehun would protect him, because that’s the kind of relationship they have.

Jongdae has relocated himself into a room with an elderly patient who had just finished her meal. She waved her hand to him in which he took into his. Her wrinkled hand were surprisingly soft and very warm. “Your hands are so cold Dr. Kim..” She said to Jongdae. Jongdae flashed her a smile.

“It’s only because yours is warm,”

The elder shook her head. “If your heart is warm than your hands will be warm Dr. Kim.”

Jongdae was taken aback by her meaning and thus look behind him toward his followers of nurses and assistants. “My heart is...cold?”

“Isn’t the hospital a cold place doctor?” She asked, Jongdae hummed with uncertainty, “You’re always at the hospital, that is why your hands are cold.”

“Then, what about you?” He asked the elderly who is hospitalized.

“I do not move around like you nor do I look after patients. I am always tucked in and covered so I am warm. But you are not, you must warm your heart Dr. Kim so you won’t catch a cold.” Jongdae couldn’t make out her true meanings but nodded anyway.

“I will listen to your advice Ms. Park.”

Luhan, Minseok, and Hani had went to downtown of Seoul to expose their culture to the rookie Luhan who knew very little. Through the long walk they ate a variety of wagon food, snacks from stalls, played certain games to try their luck, and even played amongst themselves.

Minseok and Hani were sharing a seat across from Luhan as they sat in a small restaurant. The thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter