••••••••••

Room What?! [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 010 - The Lee's Case

Luhan stretched and patted his stomach as he and Sehun walked side by side down the road. "Ah I'm so stuffed." Luhan stated. No matter how Luhan looked at it, Sehun appeared to be a blank and dull person. "Hey do you—" Luhan was about to question after grabbing Sehun's attention, but the ringing of Sehun's phone stopped him. Sehun reached into his pocket and pulled out the device, bringing it to his ear. After listening to it for a moment Sehun hummed. 

"I understand. I'll be there soon." He said before hanging up. Luhan look and waited for an explanation but Sehun didn't utter a word. Instead he stood his ground with troubles on his face. 

"What happened? Who was that?" Luhan asked, before Sehun could reply they both heard a high pitched voice. 

"Luhan?!" 

Spinning around, Luhan and Sehun laid eyes on Hani immediately. The tall girl's smile brightens as she waves toward them. 

"I'm leaving first." Sehun said real quick and quietly before moving away, Luhan frowned at his strange act but turned to greet Hani anyway. 

"Oh Hani, hello!" 

Hani closed the gap between them by running towards him, "Oh Luhan what are you doing out here today?" 

"Ah, I wanted to get a quick tour and some inspiration for the project." Luhan explained, earning a knowledgable hum from Hani. 

"That's right, how is the project coming along?" Hani questioned, now focusing in on work.

Luhan sighed an embarrassed smile, "Honestly I haven't gotten anything done. Especially when my first day of work felt vague?" 

Hani was taken aback, "Vague?" 

Luhan nodded, "Yeah, I mean I barely got a good idea of our workplace then all of a sudden I was assigned a new assignment but was not asked to go in to work for two weeks? I've just moved to South Korea and I have to admit that nothing is making sense to me. But I was thinking, maybe it's just the difference between China and Korea that I'd have to get used to?" Luhan ended up questioning his co-worker who he rarely knew.

However Luhan found it comfortable to share his thoughts aloud to her. For some reason she was a good listener and a comfortable person to be with. 

"Oh really?" Hani folded her long arms over her chest, "Then you should have said so. It says on your resume that you have some animation experiences? So we thought you would be fine." 

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked. Sure having some animation experiences was one thing but how did it tied in with him and the strangeness of his workplace and how it was run? 

"Animation is about art. It's about presenting the creative mind and showing the world the true colors of what beauty can come in and with. Animation isn't work. Animation is freedom." Hani said proudly with a flick of her finger in the air, but Luhan didn't follow through, in fact he couldn't. What on earth was this girl blabbing on and on about? Sure she has a comfortable aura but her mind seems empty. 

"Okay....And so I don't have to go to work because animation is freedom and not work...?" 

Hani sighed, "Why are you already failing at your first assignment? This is the first step Luhan. You were in charged of finding and creating a storyline, use this time wisely where you're not bound to the office and complete this task." 

Luhan wanted to yell in frustration. He could not understand this girl at all. 

"So...?" 

"What interests you the most? What made you choose Korea to start an animation career?" 

For some reason their first meeting outside of work have turned into an interview, and surprisingly Luhan was blank to most of the questions being asked. 

"Because...." 

"Because?" Hani asked raising a brow. Luhan kept silent instead. "Well, what is it? Why Korea when Japan, America, and China could have been your better choice of animation?" 

"I don't know....Just something about the culture drew me in...." Luhan said. But the whole truth lied elsewhere, where only Luhan knows. Hani gave him an uplifting smile. 

"Then what are we waiting for? Follow me, I'll show you more of what our culture is like. Then afterwards let's work on getting that first assignment of yours done." Hani said, earning a smile from Luhan. 

"Thanks, Hani." 

Inside the dusty storage room, Sehun came to a crime scene where yellow tape ran around one area within the building. Officers, reporters, and detectives flooded the scene working around and with each other. Sehun came to a stop behind the yellow tape and there he joined an ongoing conversation between three males, one an officer, another Sehun's team leader, and the last was the familiar lad, Dongwoo. 

"Name on certificate is Lee Soomi. Age thirty three, cause of death," the man saying the information of the deceased aloud was Sehun's team leader, a tired man in his early forties. "unknown. Family, unknown. Hm, nationality, Canadian." The older sighed and shut the files he was holding in hand, then handed it to the officer. "Have these transported to my office, I'll look more into it later." As the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter