Shop with me, Shop for me

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

When Taehyung walked down the stairs to get to the library on a Thursday because the elevator was malfunctioning on him, Jungkook was already out of the dorm room hanging out with his friends. 

Jungkook offered for him to go with them earlier in the day and he rejected the offer politely. Or more like the 20 offers the whole morning. Jungkook wouldn't leave him alone and kept on asking him to go with them to hang out. 

Taehyung simply rolled his eyes and told him to go away because he was busy that day. And he really was. Within almost 2 weeks at Bangtan, his teachers were giving him assessments to test his ability in that subject and he wanted to do well. So pushing away the request to hang out with Jungkook and his friends, he pulled out the few assessments given to him and started working on it quietly in the library. 

He completed the tasks within a few hours and left to go find his teachers. After handing in the completed assessments to the teachers, he left quickly to go back to the dorm room. 

Upon arriving, he realised he had nothing to do as he finished what he was supposed to already. He contemplated on going to find Jungkook. Jungkook did say he was going to go watch that new movie that came out before going to the shopping centre with his group of friends. 

Taehyung scrunched his nose at that. He remembered that the only people he had made an effort to be comfortable around was Jungkook and Hoseok. Just thinking about the other people who were going too made him feel awkward already. 

So instead, he settled for going onto his phone for a bit. 

In the middle of a very frustrating game, his game was interrupted as someone started calling him. 

It was probably a good time too, as Taehyung looked ready to fling his phone against the closet door at a high speed if he lost another round. Which was likely if you consider his gaming skills. 

 

He looked at the name on the display screen and blinked in mild surprise. 

Jeon Jungkook

Taehyung answered the call and brought his phone to his ear. 

 

"Taehyung! Hello!" Jungkook greeted him rather loudly, before he could even say anything

"Yeah, hi. Aren't you meant to be watching a movie?" he said, his anger from the game subsiding

"It finished! I wanted to ask if you were done with whatever you had to do." Jungkook said

Taehyung nodded as he thought of his completed assessments before replying, "Yeah, I'm done. Did you need something?" 

He rolled onto his side and yawned. 

"Great! Let's go!" Jungkook said, clearly excited

Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed, "Go where?"

"Let's go shopping! My friends have left with their boyfriends and Hoseok was called to go back to school because his relative is here to see him." Jungkook explained

Taehyung thought about it and rolled onto his back before sitting up, he spoke into the phone to Jungkook, 

"Ok. Want to come back here or you want me to go there?" 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung grumbled as he walked inside the shopping centre and headed to the food court to meet Jungkook. He wasn't pleased with the fact that it was cold and crowded in the shopping mall and his elbow was hurting as he had dashed out of the dorm room when he realised he was at least 15-20 minutes late to meet Jungkook. He had ran to the door, him slipping in his socks and hurriedly shoved his feet into his chunky pair of shoes, only for it to fall to the side resulting in him crashing into the wooden shoe rack and breaking it. 

There he spent another five minutes rearranging the shoes out of the way and another 5 minutes throwing away the broken wooden shoe rack. And oh-em-gee the receptionist was extremely slow at recording times and giving him permission to leave. 

So, now here he was walking carefully to the meeting place almost forty minutes late. 

Jungkook was sitting at a table looking tired of waiting, taking a glance around before returning his gaze to his phone to check the time. 

 

"Jungkook! I'm so late I'm sorry!" Taehyung called out to him and ran up to him upon seeing Jungkook by the table

Jungkook looked up and his face brightened immediately as he stood up. 

"Oh my gosh, you're here. I actually thought you weren't coming." Jungkook hit his back playfully

"Sorry, I can't believe you waited all this time." Taehyung exhaled loudly before turning to Jungkook

"Let's go around to the shops now. Before it gets late." 

Jungkook nodded and they both started walking. Jungkook brought Taehyung to a coffee shop first where they both got hot chocolate to warm up. 

 

 

 

***

 

"No!" Jungkook cried out, holding out the piece of clothing in front of him in distaste. 

"I hate it! I'm not even going to try this on! Take it back! Go!" he the top back at Taehyung who picked it out for him. 

Taehyung laughed loudly as if already knowing his reaction. He took it back while still laughing, hanging it back on the shelf. 

"No need to shout. The employees will hear and know you hate their clothes." Taehyung walked back around the shelf and led Jungkook out of the store

Jungkook harrumphed and crossed his arms, looking like a child as he turned his head away angrily. 

"I cannot believe you asked me to try on a shirt that said ' me.' GO. AWAY." Jungkook said, still angry and pushed Taehyung away from him who had an arm slung playfully around his shoulder. 

Taehyung grinned as Jungkook walked to the store beside a smoothie shop. 

They both walked in to have a look around the store selling keychains, hoodies, stationery and items of the sort. They all had one thing in common. 

It was all cute.

Cute. 

 

Taehyung's eyes literally went heart-shaped as he stared at a Rilakkuma keychain hanging from it's hook. Walking forward immediately to the Rilakkuma section, he snatched the keychain off it's hook and smiled brightly. 

"Oh-em-gee, look at this Jungkook!" he waved it about excitedly, surprising Jungkook

Jungkook raised an eyebrow as he watched Taehyung jump from aisle to aisle, picking off anything from the shelf he found attractive to his eye. He walked by the Hello Kitty aisle and picked off a small pencil case before returning it to where he found it, only to pick a white teddy bear from it's shelf and bring it to his face to feel the soft material. 

Jungkook continued watching on, half amused and taken by surprise at how different Taehyung was reacting to the the items in the store. 

"Jungkook! Come over here, oh my gosh!" Taehyung jumped up and down on the spot and people threw funny glances at him. Paying no mind, he continued waving Jungkook over to him, holding two pieces of clothing in his hand. 

Walking over, Jungkook picked one from his hand. It was a white Rilakkuma jumper with ears stiched on top of the hood. In Taehyung's hand, he held a brown one with identical ears on top of it's hood. 

He looked to Taehyung's expectant face, radiating with joy. "Do you like it? It's so cute, just look at it! Try it on! Go on!" he urged

Jungkook, though hesitating, slipped the jumper over his head. Taehyung pulled the hood up and after examining him for a second, grinned even brighter, if that was even possible, and jumped up and down. 

"That looks so good on you, oh my gosh, you look so cute in that!" Taehyung kind of half squealed

Jungkook blinked before flushing crimson, looking down as people looked over at him. He looked cute? He registered Taehyung's words in his head. His head snapped up to look at Taehyung in the eye. 

He just called him cute. With the possiblity of Taehyung indeed being gay, his heart rate sped up as he continued to repeat those words in his head. Suddenly feeling very light, he was taken from his thoughts when a voice spoke to him. 

"Jungkook! Don't you like it? You need to get that." he nodded with pursed lips. 

"O-Okay..." he trailed off, unsure of how to react to the way Taehyung was behaving at the moment

It was only then did Jungkook realise Taehyung was still holding the Rilakkuma hoodie in his hand, one identical to his but was brown and yellow. What he guessed was the original or main colours of the character. 

"Why aren't you trying that on?" he questioned, still wearing his white hoodie

Taehyung looked at the clothing in his hand and laughed.

"Oh yeah! I was meant to try this on too!. I just saw the white one and got distracted thinking it would look good on you." Taehyung told him before putting down all the things he was carrying in a basket. 

Slipping on the hoodie, it ruffled his hair a bit when he pulled his head through. 

"How do I look?" he asked 

Jungkook's eyes sparkled when he saw the sight in front of him. It suited him a bit too much and Jungkook wanted to cuddle him when he was wearing that. 

No. He didn't. 

He blinked before answering. 

"Looks great!" he nodded enthusiastically, pointing and chuckling at Taehyung's face who went five shades brighter at the compliment. 

"Let's buy these!" he slipped the hoodie off and so did Jungkook. Taehyung up the basket that he had placed on the floor and dragged Jungkook by the arm to the counter. 

"How much is all this?" Jungkook questioned, looking at the white hoodie in his hands and staring at the Rilakkuma character sewn on before bringing his gaze to Taehyung. 

Taehyung looked at his own hoodie and soon-to-be-belongings and shrugged. He suddenly blinked and looked up, he froze as if remembering something. 

Jungkook frowned, worried. "What happened? You okay?" he nudged the unmoving Taehyung. 

"What? Oh, uhm.. yeah." he he muttered. Looking disappointed, he went back to the aisles. 

Jungkook grabbed his shirt and pulled him back in the line. "Where are you going?" 

"Hehe." Taehyung looked away before answering. "I think I've only got enough money on me at the moment for this one jumper." he held it up for Jungkook to see

But then, he looked like he suddenly got an idea. He lifted his head with hopeful eyes. Staring right at Jungkook, he smiled. 

Jungkook knew then what Taehyung was going for. 

"Oh my gosh, no Taehyung, I'm not buying you all that." he pointed to the mass off stuff Taehyung was holding in a basket. 

Taehyung attacked with full aegyo. "Please, Jungkookie~!" 

Jungkook's eyes widened and he pushed Taehyung's face away. "Oh gosh, what are you doing? Stop that!" he grabbed the basket that was in Taehyung's hand and speed-walked to the aisles. 

He managed to place half of the things Taehyung had accumulated back to where they were before he was stopped

"No!!! Jungkookie please buy these for me. I'll pay you back, promise." he pleaded

Jungkook was so muddled. He had never seen Taehyung act this way. It was like he never saw anything cute before. But then again, Jungkook should have figured it out from the time Taehyung had been there. 

Taehyung had a pastel coloured pencil case with little chibi characters decorated at the edges.

Taehyung had a notebook filled with pictures of cute puppies and kittens he liked to look at when he was sad, apparently. 

Taehyung also had a pillow case decorated with small flowers and the question right now was how is this boy not gay?! 

 

Jungkook sighed before giving in to him. 

"Fine. But only this once!" he said to him

But Jungkook got a strange feeling this wasn't going to be the last time. 

Taehyung just grinned at him before skipping over to the counter. Jungkook could only let out a laugh as he watched him. 

 

When he handed over the paid items and his hoodie over to Taehyung, he jumped for joy and Jungkook only shook his head, amused and carried his own plastic bag that contained his own Rilakkuma hoodie. At that thought, Jungkook brightened unknowingly at the fact that Taehyung also had one. 

Jungkook continued to walk with Taehyung out of the shopping centre and back to up the slight slope to get to the school before it got dark. Jungkook was feeling light and happy, and Taehyung was also feeling quite happy with the items he obtained via Jungkook's money. 

But hey, in his defence he paid for his own hoodie. 

Jungkook didn't let the bill sitting in the plastic bag he was holding bother him, and continued to walk the rest of the way back to the dorm room, feeling happy at the day's events. 

 

 

Bill

- Rilakkuma hoodie          ---------             $50.00
   - White                     ---  $25.00
   - Brown                    --- $25.00

- Pencil case[Yellow, panda] ------            $12.00

- Folders[2, A4, Line - Brown] -----             $5.50

- Pen set[Hello Kitty, Keroppi] -----           $6.75

- Keychain                                                $7.80
  - Rilakkuma - Grey --- $4.55
  - Keroppi - Size : small --- $3.25

- Earphones[Purin]               --------         $12.25

- Phone case[Galaxy 2, Pandapple, rubber] ----- $9.20

 

Total - $103.50

 

Amount paid by Taehyung - $25.00

Amount paid by Jungkook - $78.50

 

 

How Jungkook had that much money on him at that time was beyond him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Fluff, fluff, fluff omg so much fluff it's getting to me

Not exactly very happy with this chapter but enjoy this update. Also I'm sorry for that one swear word, I'll use swear words as minimal as possible. 

 

I did not expect to write so much fluff and I'm actually so surprised. Yes I added Hello Kitty and her little friends as well as Rikakkuma and all those cute characters omigosh.  

Just saying as a precaution - I do not own those characters mentioned , Hello Kitty, Purin, Keroppi, Rilakkuma, Pandapple, Line character Brown, and credits to the original owners. 

 

Your comments alo surprised me, I didn't know you'd be hurt at J-Hope's introduction to the story :'D You guys are so afraid that Taehyung will go for J-Hope

No VHope shippers here then? 

But really, I'm looking to include some slight angst somewhere. Don't laugh at how impossible it is now with all the fluff going on. It'll be included most probably somewhere throughout the story

Bye