Camping Packing Annoyance

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Taehyung opens his eyes to see the place around him on an angle and his vision blurry. When his eyes clear up, he sees that it's dim in the medical tent. 

He smells bandages and plasters. Looking around, he's the only one in the tent and the reason why it's so dim inside the tent was because it was already dawn. 

Moving to sit up, his back aches and he nearly flops back down on the sleeping bag. Landing on his injured arm, he bites back a loud scream. 

 

Oh my gosh, I knew camping was so not-

Taehyung doesn't get to finish that thought when he rolls on his side and another sharp pain shoots up the side of his body. 

 

Motherfu-

He calms himself and takes a deep breath, trying to get rid of his anger and frustration. Trying to get up again, he uses an arm to push himself up and leans back on the wall of the tent. But of course, the thin and yes, not so sturdy material, flops behind him and leans back with him. 

Taehyung thought he might have taken the tent down with him and he quickly moved forwards. 

 

He groans and after stretching a bit, he moves to stand. His body aches all over, but it's bearable and he walks as normally as he could and exits the tent. 

A gust of cold wind hits his skin and he breathes a breath of fresh air. 

 

Noticing no one about, he walks to his tent and checks the time on his phone and he sees it's early in the morning. Instead of going back to the medical tent, he decides to just enter his own. 

Lying down again, Taehyung still feels tired and so he moves past Jungkook, who he sees is still sleeping and flops down beside him. 

Closing his eyes, he falls to sleep again ontop of his sleeping bag. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook opens his eyes and he hears bustling outside of the tent. 

People are already awake and the bright light filtering through the tent made him cover his face with his pillow. 

Pulling the pillow away from him, he looked to the side and saw Taehyung still sleeping. 

 

When did he move here?

Jungkook thinks, but then he remembers the night before and doesn't bother thinking anymore about when he moved there. Smiling when he thinks about Hoseok and he couldn't feel more thankful to the other. 

Looking at Taehyung, Jungkook's smile just grows and soon enough he's just beaming. If anyone walked in and saw him they would think twice about his sanity. 

Jungkook pushes himself up and exits the tent. Leaving the other to rest a bit more, he goes out into the clearing and stretches. 

 

He sees the boys here and there collecting some wood and upon asking one, it seemed like they were having a bonfire that night. 

Jungkook helped out once he got changed and ate something, brightening up at the thought of a bonfire. He picked up wood and transported it to the centre, helping a boy who obviously had a thing for him, but Jungkook was too occupied thinking about Taehyung he didn't notice the not-so-subtle 'I really like you, notice me' glances sent his way. 

 

 

"Jungkook!" 

Hearing someone yell his name, he turns around after throwing a log on the top of the wood pile. 

He sees Hoseok waving and he smiles before walking over. 

 

As he neared the other, Jungkook saw his eyes red as if he'd been crying. He voiced this out to the other who looked uncomfortable for a second before speaking, 

"Ah, it's just the dust that comes off the dry pieces of wood when you move them." Hoseok lied. 

 

He hated lying to the other, but he couldn't let the other know he cried the night before over the love he let go for him. 

Jungkook sensed something was not quite right, but he didn't press further and nodded. "Okay then, be careful. We didn't bring no safety glasses." he laughed, nudging the other. 

Hoseok laughed along, hoping the pain in his heart will soon subside with the heartbreak from the love he let go. 

 

It didn't get a chance to though, when Taehyung emerged from the tent. Eyes widening and heart thumping, his feet moved automatically in the direction of Taehyung. 

He clamped his teeth and fisted his hands, stopping himself abruptly from running over when he saw Jungkook already going to Taehyung who was staggering rather cutely out of the tent. 

 

Jungkook took Taehyung's shoulders and guided him and Hoseok almost crumbled as he saw what could never be his, what he let go and almost regretting not fighting for him. 

Taking a look at Jungkook's love-filled gaze, the near-regret left him as he knew he did the right thing for the other and forced his feet away. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Bonfire!!" someone cheered. 

The day went rather smoothly with everyone having a good time. Either swimming in the stream or hanging out together on the riverside, there were others went out to the woods to either explore or collect wood, all with an adult supervising and keeping lookout for the boys incase of another accident. 

It was now night and all the boys and teachers are gathered around with packets of marshmallows being passed around the circle and pieces of raw meat were also being cooked over the fire. 

 

Taehyung moved as little as possible, not trying to aggravate his wounds. He didn't want to move either. His body ached and he couldn't be swimming or lifting wood with an injured arm. 

He didn't see Hoseok all that much and Jungkook was always beside him. When he met eyes with Hoseok sitting across the circle on the other side of the bonfire with a group a friends, the other had merely smiled at him warmly and looked away, continuing to chat amongst his friends. 

 

Taehyung was used to the other always looking for him and taking care of him, buying him treats and calling him. He was usually close by, so the fact that the other had not been fussing about him bothered him slightly. Especially since he was injured. 

 

He is older and he has his own friends. He's with Namjoon and Jin. I have Jungkook here, and Hoseok probably wants to hang out with them.

Taehyung reasoned with himself, glancing over at the trio, consisting of Namjoon, Hoseok and Jin. 

 

By the looks of it, it seems like Hoseok and Jin is trying to learn freestyle rap from Namjoon, and after a second glance, it seems like Hoseok is trying to teach Namjoon and Jin how to dance. 

The three looked like they were having fun so he turned back. When he did, Jungkook's face was right in front of his. He was frowning. 

 

"Euuah-! Jungkook, too close!" Taehyung pushed the other away to the side gently. 

"What are you looking at?" he questioned. 

"Just Hoseok hyung over there." he gestured to the other side with his chin while roasting a marshmallow over the fire. 

Jungkook snatched the stick out of his hands abruptly. 

"Hey!" 

Smiling cheekily, he ate the marshmallow and handed the empty stick back to him. 

"Thanks." 

 

That's what you get for not paying attention to me.

Jungkook thinks as he chews on the marshmallow. 

 

Taehyung does his little scoff and laugh and reaches for a piece of meat, deciding to just let the marshmallow go which was getting chewed up by Jungkook. 

 

 

"Let's sing, everyone!" a student - which happens to be Chanyeol -  brings out a guitar he brought along and started strumming. 

"Who knows a tune?" he asks, looking around the big circle. 

 

People start to shout out names of songs, tunes and some rhymes. Chanyeol plays a multitude of songs and short tunes, the boys singing along whenever they could. 

He stops strumming his guitar and people start urging him to play more. 

 

He laughs and says, "Let's all make a song together." 

Everyone quietens for a bit and then they start to discuss, "Now? How are we going to do it?" "Do we each get a part or something?" 

 

Chanyeol starts to strum his guitar again and says, "I'm just going to play something, and anyone of you can just sing or rap to the tune I'm going to play. Let's see if we can make something nice!" 

"How's that going to work? We don't even know what you're going to play!" Baekhyun says, laughing and shoving the other's shoulder. 

"I don't either." Chanyeol says, beaming at his boyfriend. 

 

"We can try." Taehyung speaks up and everyone looks to him. 

He squirms a bit uncomfortably. 

"I-Well, I mean, I can sing-" he starts of before Jungkook interrupts. 

 

"You can sing?! Why am I hearing of this now?" he says. 

"You never asked and there was no reason for me to say anything about my singing abilities." Taehyung just shrugs and people around the circle chuckle. 

"Still could've told me." Jungkook says and sticks out his tongue. "I can sing too, you know." 

Taehyung chuckles, "Let's hear it then." 

 

Jungkook turns to Chanyeol. "Play something, let's see how good this song can turn out." 

A tune starts to sound throughout the circle and it's quite a nice one. A few seconds in, Jungkook starts to sing a few notes before he start rapping a verse with lyrcis he's coming up with from the top of his head. 

 

Beautiful by BTS - Click and listen

 

He looks over to Taehyung beside him, swinging his marshmallow stick as if saying 'did I also say could I rap?'

Taehyung sends a box smile his way and Jungkook ends the verse quicker than he intended as his breath gets taken by him. As he raps the last bit of the verse, he's only looking at Taehyung and another voice is heard. 

 

Jimin starts to sing. 

Jimin is known to be able to sing quite well and he starts to create a sort of chorus. Yoongi leans on his side and closes his eyes as he listens. 

As Jimin sings loving lyrics, he swings an arm around Yoongi, bringing him closer.

Jungkook then takes over, singing almost the same lines as Jimin, wanting to show off his singing abilities to Taehyung but lacking the skills to come up with anything of his own at the moment. So he sings the same lines, same tune and notes. The only difference being his own voice and he turns to look at Taehyung in the eye as he sings. 

 

As he slows to a stop, Hoseok starts to rap another verse he came up with before another student decided to come in too. The song is going along smoothly and Taehyung's attention is taken by Hoseok as he starts to rap. Hoseok looks to Namjoon, his eyes saying 'I can freestyle rap too, ya know'

Looking over, he sees Taehyung's eyes on him and his heart feels light and he sends a smile before looking away around the circle and continuing to rap until he reaches the end of his own verse he had come up with.  

Then Jungkook, intending to sing again and bring Taehyung's attention to himself, he starts to sing the 'chorus' made by Jimin and repeats the same lines. Actually, he changes a few words and somehow his hands start to move towards Taehyung's. 

 

"You're beautiful~"  

 

Then it's Taehyung's turn to sing, he takes over the song and sings the similar lines with a deep voice, the notes flowing smoothly and Jungkook stops his hand from grasping the other's incase anyone saw and started to tease which would undoubtedly lead to Jungkook being obvious about his feelings. 

He still needs to make the other fall in love with him before the other found out about his feelings. 

 

Noticing the lines from Taehyung are basically the same ones, Jungkook starts to do adlibs, singing high notes over Taehyung's and somewhere Jimin joins in too, harmonising. 

 

The song ends as Chanyeol's strums on his guitar slow and soften, the notes drifting into the air as their voices quieten. 

Everyone starts clapping and cheering and Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok get high-fives, hugs and pats on the back. 

Chanyeol is pulled into a hug by Baekhyun and he doesn't let go for a while. 

 

"Well, that came out way better than expected." Chanyeol says. 

"It's like the lyrics and all were planned!" Namjoon adds in. 

"Did you guys plan this or something?" Yoongi questions, still leaning on Jimin. 

"No, and you two copied my lines!" Jimin laughs, gesturing to Taehyung and Jungkook.

"Well, it could be taken as you made the chorus and we sang it at the appropriate time." Taehyung says. 

"It came out well, we should write this down." Jungkook mentions. 

 

Chanyeol smiled, "Actually, this song was already written but lyrics were a bit difficult to come by." 

"You used us!" Jimin joked. 

 

"Hoseok's rap was really good! I knew you were good, but I didn't know you were this good!" Taehyung compliments and Jungkook clamps his teeth. 

Hoseok just smiles appreciatively at him. 

 

"And what about my rap?" Jungkook shoves him and rolls his eyes. 

"Hmm, yeah, I guess you're okay." Taehyung teases and everyone starts laughing. 

"Hey! Like you're any better!" 

"I didn't rap, you can't say you're better without knowing how well I can rap!" Taehyung argues. 

"Rap, then! Let's hear it." Jungkook crosses his arms and looks at him. 

 

Taehyung's ears burn as he shoves a marshmallow in the flames, 

"No, I'm good thanks." he mutters and the group chuckles. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

It's nearing the end of the camping trip and the buses are arriving to pick up the boys and the staff that afternoon. Everyone is busy packing their sleeping bags and tents and others are going off on a last swim in the river or a last walk in the woods. 

 

 

"No! You fold it this way!" Sehun yells, frustrated. 

"It's not going to fit like that!" Jungkook argues, tugging at the tent. 

"Just listen to me! It needs to be folded again after it's folded like this!" Sehun pulls at the tent as well. 

 

Taehyung comes into the scene after his bandages on his arm was changed. 

He takes one look at the disheveled tent and the two of them in a heated argument on how to actually fold the tent so it would fit into its bag. 

 

"Jungkook, you're doing it wrong. Maybe you should watch Sehun." he points, smirking. 

"Ugh, not this again!" Sehun says, exasperated. He throws down the tent and glares at Jungkook. "If you're so sure about it, go ahead and pack it yourself." 

"Fine!" Jungkook snatches up the tent and starts to fold it. 

 

Sehun and Taehyung watch him as he struggles to shove it in the bag and Sehun decides it's enough when he hears a stich break.  

"Jungkook, that's not it and you're going to tear the bag and the tent." 

He grabs it and pulls it from the younger's grasp. 

 

Sehun folds it rather quickly and efficiently and slides the tent in the bag, tightening the strap. 

"Go pack something else, like the sleeping bags or something." 

"I don't see why you didn't pack the sleeping bags while they were still in the tent." Taehyung says as he sees the sleeping bags on the ground. "The ground is dirty, you know." 

"Why didn't you do it then." Jungkook grumbles, reaching for one. 

"I can't. And I assumed you would've done it." Taehyung says. 

 

 

Sehun slings the tent bag over his shoulder and walks over to a section of the clearing where the tents were placed. He sighs when he hears yelling and turns around to see Taehyung and Jungkook. 

 

"You're doing it wrong! It needs to be rolled tighter!" 

"It'll be fine! What's wrong with it?!" 

"It won't fit in the bag!" 

"Oh my gosh, you do it then!" 

"I can't. I would if I could! Roll it!" 

"It won't get any tighter than this! It'll fit in the bag!" 

"Do you really camp at all? I thought you did!" 

"I camp, okay! Ugh, this isn't going in!" 

"I told you it needed to the rolled tighter! Can't you roll the sleeping bags better?!" 

 

Sehun stomps over and throws the tent on the ground before pushing Jungkook out of the way and rolling the sleeping bag himself. Not uttering a word, he manages to roll the sleeping bag and slide it into its bag with relative ease. 

"See! I told you! Maybe you should watch Sehun." Taehyung says. 

"Maybe the one who should watch Sehun is you." Jungkook bites back. 

 

Sehun is just about ready to slap them. Luckily for them, Luhan steps in and laughs lightly. 

"You boys go help Jimin and Yoongi with the food bags, okay?" 

Jungkook and Taehyung get up and start to walk over to Jimin and Yoongi, shoving each other and muttering on the way to the other couple. 

 

"Thanks, Luhan." Sehun says, tired of all their bickering. 

Luhan laughs beautifully and swings his arms around Sehun, kissing his cheek quickly before starting to help with the sleeping bags. 

"It's alright. Maybe next time you could just join my group." 

"Yeah, I'll do that." Sehun smiles. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You're doing it wrong! The jam bottle will crack like that!" 

"It'll be fine!" 

"Make sure it's upright!" 

"I got the jams, and it should be sideways!" 

"Shut up! You got no jams!" 

"I have got the jams, okay, and it should be like this!" 

"I'm telling you the bottle will break! Then you'd really have no jams!" 

 

"There'd better be jam in that bottle when I unpack back the dorms!" Jimin yells. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

By now, everyone was just about ready to leave the camping site for the dorms.

After throwing the two bickering boys in the water, of course. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------

Hello

I hope you liked the update

Thank you for +270 subscribers! 

This chapter was not the best, I'm sorry, but I've got a good idea for the next chapter

YES THE CAMPING TRIP IS DONE! I really didn't want to write anymore on this camping trip

Vkook progression soon!

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye