Minimal Discomfort

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Arriving in front of the dorm room of Jimin and Yoongi, Jungkook knocked on the door and the door swung open to reveal Yoongi in a black and white jacket with a pair of ripped denim jeans. Jimin emerged from behind his boyfriend wearing a black and white shirt to match with Yoongi and a gold-rimmed snapback. 

"Hey guys! You're late!" Jimin said enthusiastically, not seeming to mind they were late, judging by the tone of his voice. 

Yoongi just rolled his eyes and shoved his feet into his shoes. He grabbed Jimin by the sleeve of his shirt and dragged him out the dorm room before locking it.

"I can't believe you made us wait. Now that basketball game is going to be crowded!" he grumbled

Taehyung didn't reply while Jungkook apologised sheepishly

"Sorry, we stayed out too late and didn't have that much time to get ready." he explained

Taehyung decided it was the right time to comment on that statement

"We had a decent amount of time to get ready. You just take too long." he got a bit ticked off when Jungkook asked if he was gay and decided to give his roommate of two days a bit of silent treatment

Jungkook knew he was only teasing the other and didn't seem to mind his reaction that much, though he did think it was going a bit far. I mean, it was a joke. Kind of. 

 

"Says you! You spent ages in the shower!" Jungkook retorted

Before Taehyung could reply back, Yoongi clapped his hands in front of their faces, saying,

"Can you fight later? At this rate, we're going to miss all the good food." he made his way out of the building, walking to the elevator with Jimin protesting

"Hyung, it's better if we take the stairs. It's better for your health-" Jimin got cut short when Yoongi glared at him

"I'm not going to take the stairs and listen to you lecture me about health and exercise. Now hurry up, do you want those special pancake things at the festival or what?" 

"Sorry.." he muttered, trailing after Yoongi

 

Taehyung and Jungkook followed them and Jungkook nudged Taehyung on the way to the elevator before saying, 

"Are you still angry about that? Come on, I was only kidding. I want to show you all the stuff they have the festival and I don't plan on having you ignore me." 

Taehyung gave a sudden laugh.

"I wasn't planning on ignoring you. Now, are you going to tell me what's in this festival or what?" 

"Yeah, I was until you started being all-" Jungkook didn't get to finish his remark when Yoongi shouted at them

"HURRY UP. This elevator door ain't waiting for anybody." 

Taehyung and Jungkook ran inside just as the doors slid shut. 

 

 

 

***

 

As soon as they arrived at the festival, Jungkook recognised many familiar faces from Bangtan. He waved to a couple of people he knew and ran to catch up with Taehyung before he wandered off in this big area and got lost. 

"Taehyung ah, let's go this way. We can walk around with my other friends." 

Taehyung turned around and looked at Jungkook gesturing with his head to a group of other boys. They seemed to be couples, which wasn't hard to figure out with two of them practically making out on the spot and the other couple be looking like they were about to. He could see a lone guy that was part of the group but making sure to look away. He kind of felt sorry for him. But then again, he also attended Bangtan didn't he?

He scrunched up his nose before turning away.

"No, you go with them. I can handle myself. When does this end anyway?" he said, looking at the time on his phone

Jungkook frowned. 

"Come on. They're not bad people. You can't hang out alone anyway, that's boring. You don't know what's good and what's not." ignoring his quesiton as he tried to convince the other to come with him

"No thanks, I can just try things out myself." he started to walk away

Jungkook stared at Taehyung's retreating back and turned to glance at his group of friends. He was torn whether or not he should follow his roommate and new friend or hang out with his group of school mates. 

But when he turned back to look at Taehyung again, he had disappeared into the crowd. Only then did Jungkook realise that he should have gone with the other. It was Taehyung's first time at this festival and he should have at least shown him around. 

 

"Jungkook-ah!" Jungkook turned around at the voice of his friend calling him and started walking to his friends slowly.

"Let's go get some food before heading over to the stage to see the performers. I wonder if there's anything good." the lone friend, who's name was Hoseok, told him before adding, "Wasn't your roommate supposed to come too? Did he stay back?" 

Jungkook shook his head and replied, "He went alone. I don't know why he keeps avoiding people from our school. It's like he doesn't want to make friends." 

The two couples stopped what they were doing and walked closer to them

"He can always find other people, I guess. He's probably just shy. Now come on, there's this bubble tea stall I want to go to and I heard was somewhere over there." Sehun pointed somewhere in the crowd before starting off in that direction with Luhan. 

The group of them followed, picking up food here and there before heading to the stage to watch some performances. Namjoon, one of the guys in his group, did not take his hand away from around Jin's shoulders the whole time. 

Jungkook glanced at his phone, wondering to himself if he should give Taehyung a call to see where he is. He decided against it as he settled himself infront of Namjoon and his boyfriend with Luhan and Sehun next to him. 

Halfway through the third performance they were watching, Jungkook decided he spent enough time with his group of friends before making his way out of the crowd after informing his friends that he's going to look for his most probably lost roommate. 

 

When he stumbled out of the crowd, he pulled out his phone and dialed Taehyung's number, but he got no answer and that left Jungkook confused and a bit worried. 

He walked around the big area aimlessly, hoping to find him somewhere but it was impossible considering the number of people that were there. He saw a grassy hill high up in the trees where it overlooked the whole side of the festival from where Jungkook was standing. 

Deciding to go there, no matter how scary it may have looked, he thought he could look from above to find Taehyung

He climbed the side of the hill carefully, having to go through rocks and weeds that grew here and there. Going deeper in the trees, it got darker with the trees covering the moonlight. He turned to his left and made his way to the hill. 

When he emerged, he got a suprise seeing someone lying on his back with his eyes closed.

He almost screamed and nearly reached for his lip balm which he kept in his pocket to throw at him, not that it would do much or anything at all, but Jungkook was terrified at that moment.

It wasn't until he walked closer with a, what he guessed was a Taekwondo stance, with his hands protectively in front of him, did he see none other than Taehyung.

He was lying on the grass with is eyes closed, and Jungkook almost swore he saw light shining from him. Which of course, was not true. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung decided to escape all the noise and music that blasted through this whole festival. All the while thinking that Jungkook lied to him about the festival being great and that he was going to enjoy himself. 

He wandered around in circles before making a left and walking in no particular direction. He found himself at the base of a small forest and started to climb. When he got to the top, he found a clearing. It was on a little grassy hill which was pretty high up. He scanned the crowd for the only person he knew there, Jungkook. 

Not being able to see him, he squinted at the ground, before a bird flew over his head at an alarming distance. 

"Wuuaahaaaahhh!!" he shouted fearfully in a girlish manner and ducked his head, looking up here and there

Mentally cursing in his head, he grumbled and walked to the front of the small hill, settling on the grass and looking toward the night sky, he saw the stars glisten and shine high above him. 

He smiled and lay on his back to observe the stars, slowly, he closed his eyes and just enjoyed the peace and listened to the now quiet music far below. Before long, the gentle breeze and peace of the night, lulled him into a pleasant sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook approached Taehyung, unaware that he was asleep under the moonlight. 

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" he whispered, almost afriad to break the calm that was found up on the hill. 

He got no response and he walked closer to the edge of the hill where Taehyung lay. He crouched down and poked his cheek gently. 

When he still got no response, he frowned and belatedly realised that the boy was asleep. Jungkook sat down next to him and observed him while he slept. 

With his calm breathing, Jungkook felt himself slowly relax completely and enjoyed just sitting there for a bit. He looked over to Taehyung and shifted his position. Jungkook brought his legs together and shifted his sitting position, now resting his body weight on one side of his leg. Like a how a girl would sit. Yeah, it was cute. 

He slowly and carefully lifted Taehyung's head off the ground and rested it on his lap. Jungkook stared down at the sleeping Taehyung, pleased with himself now that Taehyung was no longer lying his head on the grass. 

As Taehyung unconsciously readjusted himself slightly on Jungkook's lap, Jungkook allowed them both to be covered by the blanket of stars above them. And he swore he had never seen such a calming and beautiful sight before. 

Jungkook continued staring at Taehyung's face and listened to his steady breathing. 

After knowing Taehyung for only two days, he really felt this connection to him. He wanted to know more about this boy who he claimed was "straight". He wanted to know what kind of person the boy laying on his lap truly was. He didn't believe that the person who wanted to be alone and avoid all the students in the school was actually the true Kim Taehyung. 

What did he like? What was his personality? Pet peeves? Habits? Favourite colour? Favourite food?

As Jungkook continued to look down at the boy sleeping on his lap, he made a note to himself to ask Taehyun about himself, keen to know more about his new friend who smiled because of him that day. 

Jungkook let out a soft smile when he saw how the breeze shifted Taehyung's hair lightly across his forehead. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kim Taehyung. Right now, you really do look beautiful. But the thing is, I need to find out more about you." 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Taehyung stirred and opened his eyes. He felt his head elevated on something he did not expect was the ground. He was right as he looked up and met eyes with Jungkook whose face was quite close to his own. Just a bit. 

Feeling a jolt of shock, his eyes widened and he bolted upright. He clashed his forehead with Jungkook's nose. 

Jungkook grunted and scrunched his eyes on the impact. Taehyung held onto his head. 

"What the heck?! Why was I sleeping on your lap? How did you even get here?" Taehyung half-shouted

Jungkook turned back to look at him, holding his nose. "You should be grateful you piece of beautiful. I mean-" 

He didn't get to correct what he said when he realised he felt a sticky substance on his hand. Yeah, that's what ends up happening when you stare at the sleeping face of Kim Taehyung for almost twenty-five minutes straight. Getting a bloody nose and calling him beautiful right in front of his face. 

Moving his hand away from his nose, his eyes widened before looking at Taehyung accusingly

"You broke my nose!" Jungkook said dramatically

Forgetting about what Jungkook said earlier, he immediately started to defend himself from the ridiculous statement

"Oh please, I don't think so. You've just got a bloody nose." he said, walking over to Jungkook who was still sitting on the ground, now covering his nose again with his hand

"Nonetheless, it was still your doing." 

Taehyung crouched down and removed his hand from his nose, "Let me see." 

Jungkook pulled back his hand, covering his nose again when it started dripping onto his shirt

"Oh my gosh, no. This blood better not stain my clothes or else-" 

"Jungkook, you need to get your priorities straight." he whacked Jungkook's hand away from his nose and pulled him up until he was kneeling over on the grass

"Lean over and let the bleeding stop." Taehyung instructed

"But-" Jungkook lifted his head to look to Taehyung, but he only rolled his eyes before speaking, "Keep doing that and your clothes will be soaked in your own blood." 

Jungkook tried scrunching up his nose at that statement, "That makes you sound violent." 

Jungkook did as he was told and the bleeding stopped. But his nose bled on his hand and a bit on his clothes. Taehyung removed the grey cardigan Jungkook lent him and offered it to him. 

"You might as well use this. You can't go back down to the festival looking like you just killed someone." Taehyung said

Jungkook accepted the cardigan and wiped his bloody hand and face on it. "This isn't that clean anyway. Hopefully the blood won't stain when I wash this." Jungkook said

Taehyung's head snapped down to look at him incredulously

"You gave me dirty clothes to wear?!" he yelled, his voice raising an octave.

Jungkook paused and looked up at him before laughing. He rolled onto his side, clutching the cardigan while still laughing at Taehyung before sitting up again. 

Taehyung scowled at him and hit him on the head lightly

Jungkook flinched but was still laughing a bit, glancing up at Taehyung here and there. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and he himself couldn't supress a smile. A smile stretched on his face before turning into a grin. He did his little scoff and chuckle at the same time before laughing lightly with Jungkook, enjoying the amusing moment in the second night with his new friend.  

"You're stupid." he commented

Jungkook looked up at him, still smiling and answered

"Yeah, you are stupid." he said cheekily

"Hey!" 

Jungkook threw the blood-stained and apparently not clean cardigan right in Taehyung's face before standing and running away like the cute and playful boy he was. 

"Ah-ppppffff-mmmfftt!" Taehyung swatted at the cardigan that stuck to his face

"Euuurrgghhh!!!!! Jeon Jungkook!" he yelled, finally getting the cardigan off his face in his moment of surprise and spinning around before hurling the piece of clothing at Jungkook

Jungkook laughed and squealed, dodging the flying cardigan. 

Him squealing made Taehyung pause before he registered his laugh. The laughter and noise on the hill died down and Jungkook scratched the back of his neck with red cheeks. 

Jungkook flushed under the moonlight and looked away, and Taehyung had never seen a boy that was as cute as Jungkook in that moment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And yes, he's still straight. Supposedly. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------

This was a long chapter, I hope you enjoyed it

As I was writing it felt like it was lacking hilariousness but I guess this will do

Bye