Nature is Not Always Sunshine and Butterflies

"I'm STRAIGHT!"

Oh my gosh, plan got kicked in right in the !

 

Jungkook grumbled in his mind, crawling out of the stream and sitting by the roots of a tree, flicking water out of his hair. 

A couple of boys glanced over at him, obviously fancying him but not daring to approach the boy. Each nudging the other and trying to get one of them to go up to him and offer him a towel or a water bottle or something. But Jungkook wasn't interested because among his admirers, his admired wasn't among them. 

 

Jungkook sat angrily without a shirt on, dripping wet from just coming out of the stream. The water games finished, and Jungkook was irked by the reaction he had gotten out of Taehyung.

 

Or more like lack of reaction to this freakin' hot body!

Jungkook thinks to himself, chewing on his bottom lip, annoyed as he stared at Taehyung still in the water, hanging out with a couple of other boys who had approached the handsome boy in hopes of befriending him. 

 

 

Don't try to take my crush. Go get your own. 

Jungkook continues in his head, irritated. 

 

Jimin sits down beside him, a towel around his shoulders and another towel he was using to dry his hair. 

"What are you thinking of, lover boy?" he says. 

Jungkook doesn't react negatively to the name, instead he says, "Did you see what happened? Oh my gosh, I can't believe he just turned away when I swam next to him without my shirt on. It's like he's indirectly saying 'pfft alright, you're alright, nothing special, nothing much', like in my face!" Jungkook points to his face for emphasis, crossing his arms right after and scoffing. 

"And not only that! I couldn't even get close enough to him because he's always swimming here, and then there. I can't swim fast enough to get close!" he continues. 

 

Jimin just laughs. 

"Oh Jungkook, this part may not have worked out in your favour but there's always something else you can try, right?" 

"Oh yeah? And what is that?" he huffs

"There's always that game in the woods. It's probably going to be group work or something. Partner, if you're lucky. And if not, just stick close to him and you could always just scream out and pretend to trip or something. Make sure he's in hearing distance." Jimin suggested to him, formulating a plan right on the spot as Jungkook contemplates the idea. 

"That's not a bad idea." Jungkook nods approvingly as the frown dissipates to a thoughtful expression. He's still gazing at Taehyung and his heart beats faster as he sees Taehyung swim over to land a good few metres away from them, pulling himself up and laying on his back. 

 

 

If I get another nosebleed-

Jungkook thinks, willing to control his rapidly beating heart as he traces the outline of the other's drenched body resting under the morning sun with his eyes. 

Toned legs, skinny but firm arms, handsome face, shining skin, beautiful eyes, wet hair-

 

"Are you ing on him?!" Jimin loses it as he laughs loudly, staring at Jungkook's wide eyes and flushed face. 

Jungkook spins around in two seconds after snapping out of his daze, hearing his friend's unrestrained laughter. 

"I was not. Park Jimin, shut it. Do you want him to notice-" 

"So you were ing on him-" 

"You didn't let me finish what I was trying to say! And shut up about that, okay?!" Jungkook practically yells, slamming a hand over the other's mouth only for it to get thrown aside and allowing Jimin to let out more hysterical laughter. 

"I was not!" he growls, embarassed as he turns his back on Taehyung now sitting up a few metres away, wet hair falling over brown eyes as he looks over curiously at the two boys wrestling over leaves and sticks. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What are they doing..? 

Taehyung looks for a second longer before shrugging and getting up to walk to the tent, intending to dry off and rest up before the game in the woods. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You were so ing." Jimin mumbles, unable to keep the smile off his face. 

"I was not, will you just cut that out!" Jungkook bites out through gritted teeth. 

 

"Everyone! Everyone here in 3,2,1! I'm going to explain how to play the game in the woods. We need to start now if we're going to finish before dark." the teacher says to the boys with damp hair and dry clothes.

 

"You can partner up! There has been a route set out for you and clues has been placed along the way for you to find. You'll need these to answer these questions on the sheet about to be handed to you! The completed sheet will give a hint as to what prize will be given to the pair who finishes the race first! Yes, it's a race, so good luck!" he finishes and gives the boys five minutes to choose their partners. 

 

"Jimin, you're with me." Yoongi calls from beside him, grabbing his boyfriend by the arm. 

Jimin just smiles and nods. 

"Go to Taehyung, quick before one of his admirers get to him first!" Jimin smiles at him, nudging him to Taehyung who's looking around a bit uncomfortably a distance away. 

 

 

 

Taehyung is a bit uncomfortable as he glances around him. He doesn't know the majority of the boys here and the only ones he's really comfortable with are Jungkook and Hoseok. 

He sees Hoseok with another partner a few feet away and looks around hurriedly for Jungkook, almost afraid that the other already has found someone and partnered up. 

Taehyung jumps when someone grabs his arm quickly. 

"Taehyung! Be my partner!" Jungkook yells in his face as he turns around, gaining looks from the boys around them. 

 

Startled, Taehyung nods meekly at him. 

Jungkook beams at him and turns his head to Jimin, flashing a big grin before turning to Taehyung. 

 

"We are going to be the winners." he says, alsmot cheekily. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes playfuly, suppressing a smile. "With you, I think we won't win this game." 

"Hey! How could you say that!" 

Taehyung laughs and after the five minutes is up, the teacher calls for the boys' attention. 

 

 

"Everyone who is in a pair, hold hands or stand together so we can distinguish the pairs. Those without a partner move to the right!" 

After everyone is sorted and each pair is handed a question sheet, the teacher rings a bell and they are all informed there is a couple of teachers in allocated spots along the route for safety purposes. 

 

Taehyung and Jungkook run halfway through the route with other's speeding off in different directions as the area covered is pretty big. The pair decide to just follow the straight route with a few turns but nothing too complicated. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Found it!" Taehyung runs forward, intending to grab their third clue hanging from a branch overhanging a steep slope. 

Jungkook realises a few seconds later when Taehyung's bounded off in front of him a couple of metres ahead. Taehyung doesn't see the slope as it pretty much blends in with the ground unless you see it from a few metres away. He's focused on the clue, so Taehyung doesn't realise where he's walking to. 

They're at a bend and the slope gets pretty steep where they're supposed to turn. The clue that was hung there was probably not even meant to be there, as the branch is hanging low and looking like the wind blew it across and bringing it to hang over the slope. 

The surface is covered with green and brown leaves with twigs and a couple of sticks here and there with the occasional rock nearby where the trees grew. 

 

Jungkook pales as he sees Taehyung is oblivious to the danger he's running straight into. 

 

"Taehyung stop- No! Wait!" Jungkook yells in panic, stretching out his hand to stop the other. 

 

He's too late though, because Taehyung throws his arm out to grab the clue, already running forwards and he accidentally slips on leaves, sending him tumbling down and forwards. 

A scream leaves his lips at the start of his fall, fading to grunts of pain as he bumps into things on his way down. 

 

Jungkook runs to the edge, making sure to stop in time before he too fell down over the slope. He watches helplessly as he sees Taehyung roll down, covering his face with his arms in an attempt to protect himself from the branches clawing at him on his way down. 

Jungkook knows if he went down the slope carefully, he would be able to get down there safely. But one slip and it would send him rolling down at a high speed and risk injuring himself badly. 

 

He watches as Taehyung speeds down the slope, rolling down the slope head over heels before his body turns and he's rolling down sideways. His shoulder hits a rock and he lets out a sharp cry of pain, he feels something tangle in one of his arms but his body continues to roll downwards, the movement causing his arm to yank free painfully, scratching at him badly and he yells out again. 

The slope is not evening out and all Taehyung sees is a blur of green and brown until something tears the skin just above his eyebrow and suddenly he sees red before being blinded temporarily in one eye. 

 

"Taehyung!"  Jungkook yells, tears stinging his eyes as he covers his mouth with horror. 

 

Taehyung crashes into the trunk of a tree, stopping him abruptly but painfully. The impact managed to hit bits of bark off the trunk and the tree shook slightly, a few leaves dropping onto him. 

Taehyung lets out a short cry at the impact. 

 

Jungkook sits down at the top of the slope and starts to make his way down, carefully. 

He makes sure to slide down quickly but not dangerously. He stays on his and slides down to make sure he doesn't tumble down painfully. He hits a few unwanted bits of nature and he grimaces, but all he sees is Taehyung's body at the base of a tree over fifty metres away. What scares him the most is that he's crumpled in on himself, and from where he is at the moment the other is not moving. 

 

The panic grows in Jungkook quicker than water can put out fire. But as he nears the older boy, he can see him shaking and Jungkook's tears almost spill from the immense relief. 

 

"Taehyung! I'm coming!" Jungkook shouts. 

He nears the tree where Taehyung is at and he stretches his legs out and turn his body to the side, slowing him down. He slides a few feet past Taehyung, but he scrambles to his feet and crawls up the few feet to Taehyung. 

 

He takes the other's shoulders and pulls him up, leaning Taehyung's back on the trunk as Jungkook crouches right in front of the older boy. 

 

Jungkook wipes a hand over his eyes, freeing his lashes of tears and allowing him to see clearly. 

He almost bursts into tears at the sight in front of him. 

 

"Oh my gosh, Taehyung." Jungkook's eyes sting when a thin film of tears cover his eyes again. 

He swallows and clears his vision, blinking rapidly. 

 

Jungkook slowly covers his mouth as he examines the other. 

 

Taehyung has scratches over his face. Cheeks, nose, forehead, chin. Jungkook sees a thick line of red falling from above the other's left brow which he can only suspect as blood. The boy's arms also has scratches from the twigs, branches and little rocks scattered throughout the surface of the slope. His right arm looked more hurt than his left where a plant's stem had tangled around his arm and there's a deep gash diagonally across it. His shirt is torn and there's a large scratch that went from his shoulder and reaching down to his collarbone. Jungkook suspects there's more wounds - he hopes is not serious - on the other's back. 

 

He brings his gaze to the other's face and he's crying, body shaking and breath harsh and irregular. 

 

"Oh, Taehyung." Jungkook reaches forward and wraps his arms around the other, shutting his eyes tightly as tears fall down his own cheeks and he can feel the other's tears soak through his shirt. 

As Jungkook rubs Taehyung's upper back soothingly, he feels Taehyung jerk when he brushes his hand over a torn area of his shirt. 

He pulls back and scans the other, saying, 

 

"Are you okay? Are you hurt on your back too?" he questions, worried. 

 

"Jungkook.." Taehyung mutters, he sniffles and breaks out into heartbreaking sobs that pull at Jungkook's heartstrings painfully. 

"Don't cry, Taehyung." Jungkook says, trying to keep his voice steady though he can feel it wavering. 

 

Jungkook embraces the other again, making sure to not agitate any injuries on his back when he feels another thick liquid soaking through his shirt near his stomach. He pulls back and his eyes widen upon seeing that Taehyung's injury on his arm had bled out and all over the other's forearm and onto his shirt. 

 

"T-Taehyung, you need to stay calm." Jungkook says, bringing Taehyung's face up to meet his eyes. 

His teary-orbs cause an ache in his heart and he swallows, pulling his gaze away to the top of the slope. 

 

Either he waits for someone to come-by and call them for help, or he goes back up and finds help himself. 

If he waits down here, Taehyung's going to keep bleeding and there's nothing he can do until someone walks past. Heck, Jungkook thinks he might even faint if all he sees is red. But if he leaves to go find help, Taehyung could get treated faster and-

 

"Jungkook, don't leave me." Taehyung's bottom lip quivers as he keeps shaking, reaching out to hold onto Jungkook's shoulder. 

"I won't, just-just stay calm, okay?" he answers, thought of leaving to find help leaving his mind. 

Taehyung brings his gaze down and his eyes widen upon seeing so much blood covering his arm and he starts to panic. 

 

"J-Jungkook, oh my go-blood! Jungkook! I-I'm bleeding!" he cries out, his heart beating fast as he stares at the sight. 

"Taehyung, calm down! You're going to be fine! Look-Look at me!" Jungkook says firmly, gripping both of his shoulders tightly and looking right into the other's eyes. 

He continues his panicked breathing as tears spill over his eyes and Jungkook wants to cry himself. 

 

Hearing rustling somewhere above, Jungkook spins around, still keeping his hands on Taehyung's shoulders. 

He sees a pair walk past and he yells, 

"Hey! Hey, over here! Down here! We need help, now! Hey, you two! Here!" 

Catching the attention of the pair, they glance down and from where they are they can see Jungkook. They can see Taehyung too, though it wasn't the greatest sight as they were far away. But they see enough to spot red that they too classify as blood.  

 

"Jungkook? Taehyung..? Hold on! We'll call a teacher and get some help! We just passed someone a few minutes ago!" a boy yells back. 

"Please, hurry!" Jungkook says. 

He brings his gaze back to Taehyung and the older boy looks as if he's going to pass out. 

 

Taehyung's eyes turn tired and he's on the borderline of fainting from either shock, pain or fear, Jungkook doesn't know. Maybe all three. 

As he looks into Jungkook's eyes, Jungkook's heart fills with worry and pain for him. 

 

"Taehyung, stay awake! You need to stay awake! Taehyung!" Jungkook yells. 

Taehyung passes out and Jungkook sees that he's fainted. 

 

 

You'll be okay, everything will be fine and you'll be okay. 

Jungkook thinks, reassuring himself as well as Taehyung in his mind as he quickly moves to his side now, shifting from his previous position in front of him. 

 

 

 

Jungkook wraps his arm around Taehyung and brings his head on his shoulder to make sure he doesn't fall around the tree and tumble further down the slope. He holds onto Taehyung's hand to comfort himself as well as the other. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you, you know. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed this update

Wow, heavy stuff. not really no. and just saying Taehyung will be fine he'll be okay just relax

Not rushing the love because you can't rush love and suddenly fall in love with someone especially if someone thinks they're straight. in this story, Kim Taehyung ahem

Enjoy the new poster as well and you can check out the store where it's from on the Foreword

I hope you liked the update. went from funny to BAM, scary - well not really

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye