Chapter 8

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

updattinngg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mama," a voice called out, the door creaking open as footsteps walked along the wooden floor. "I got the vegatables you wanted," he said placing the basket down and smiled at his mother who was wiping his younger brother's face. He started to unpack the food watching the younger one whine and struggle from the grasp of the women. 

She sighed as she tried to calm him down and once she was done she released him seeing him run off a second later. Shaking her head, she gave out a little laugh as she stood up and patted her dress. Walking over to the other, she his hair and kissed his forehead, "Thank you baby," she smiled rubbing her thumb across his cheeks. "Is this a bruise? What happened," she asked worridely seeing a purple mark appear on his skin.

The boy shook his head and hugged his mother by the waist, "It's nothing mama. I just fell," he whispered, the mother's face grown soft as she hugged her son tighter. "Mama you are having another baby right," he looked up his eyes wide. He grinned nuzzling his nose on her stomach.

She only chuckled and his hair more, seeing his father by the door. "Go play with your brother sweety. Make sure he doesn't hurt himself," she told him as the boy ran off. Once the boy was out of sight she turned his head to the man. "Sweety, how much more longer? He has bruises all over his body and he covers it up with all these excuses. It's only a matter of time before the other one gets hurt," she complained, the father cupping her cheeks and trying to calm her down. "It's been a few years already. What is your brother doing?" 

He brought her in his embrace, rubbing her back. "I don't know. I don't know what he is doing but if he doesn't help soon, then we will take the kids and go ourselves," he explained to her kissing her head. "I'll help you make some food for dinner," he smiled, watching her nod her head. 

"You stay here, I'll grab some flowers ok," he told the younger one as he ran out of the house and to the bush of trees. He walked through piles of sticks laying on the ground, looking for some flowers to be around here. He was sure he saw the plants around this area. Looking around the bushes, he stopped in his tracks as he heard a few other voices. Not far off, he saw a few other kids chatting in a circle like area. He bit his lips as he slowly and quietly tried to get away but he sighed as he felt something hard hit his neck.

He rubbed his neck as he felt another thing thrown at him. He turned around to see the other kids throwing rocks. "What are you doing here? Causing other things to die? Go back to your cursed family," one kid shouted tossing another rock at the child. The child ducked as he covered himself with his thin arms, eyes glaring at the others. "What are you looking like that for, trying to curse us too?"

"Stop it, I'm doing no harm! I just want to get some flowers," he told them, rubbing his arm from the pain. He can see them walk closer and by reflex he started to walk back.

"Flowers? We can show you some lilies around here," one offered but the boy simply shook his head. The others insisted as they each took his arm and dragged the struggling boy further in the woods. It didn't take long before they pushed the boy into a ditch and he fell hitting the ground with a soft sound, his cheek bleeding from a scratch. "There's some dead flowers in there," he taunted throwing some rocks at the boy. The rest followed suit,

He flinched every time a thud from the rock was heard, trying to cover himself from the attack. "Stop! Get me out," he cried out, his vision growing blurry as he looked up from where he was. He instantly fell to the ground as his head stung with this blazing pain, his eyes drowning from the blood his head was seeping. He started to cry softly, his hand clutching on his head as he trembled with fear.

"Mommy said not to get near your family especially after what your Grandpa did. She said your family was born with the devil," a kid spoke throwing sticks in the ditch, grabbing anything he could find. "You guys should go back where you came from! When the ceremony happens, my dad said that you will be the one they get rid of!"

His eyes widened at the statement, fear spreading throughout his body. He didn't know what they were talking about but he didn't like the sound of it. Gritting his teeth as the blood dripped from his chin, he picked up a rock and glared up at the others. Gripping onto it he shouted, "Leave me alone," extending his arm back, he threw the rock towards them but it only reached half way as it fell back down. They laughed at him pointing their index fingers towards, calling him names such as a demon, freak, and so forth. They ran from the ditch, leaving the boy alone to scream for help.

He sat there weeping, not knowing how long it has been, but the sky screw darker as the air felt colder. He tried to climb out of the hole but just ended up gaining splinters and bruises on his fingers. He wanted to go home, but he wasn't strong enough. But it was a moment later when he heard someone call his name. His heart felt lighter as he shouted back and soon he saw his father with a lantern, looking down at him. His father gasped at the sight as he helped his son out of the hole hugging him tight and apologizing. 

They both got home quickly to see the mother walking back and forth, shaking. One look at her son and she started to cover sobbing. "Oh my baby. Who did this to you?" She voice broke walking up to him as she grabbed a wet cloth and started to wipe the blood, dabbing on the injuries. She stared in horror as her son wept softly, trying not to flinch from the pain. "We can't stay here," she cried out to her husband who brought a bucket of water. "Your brother fleed this town, he's not going to help us. We need to leave," she wiped her tears, wrapping a cloth around his head.

The father nodded in agreement, brushing his hair out of his face. "We will leave tonight, get what we need and leave everything behind." He was nervous, but he knew he needed to get them all away. 

The boy sniffled, watching as his parents helped clean him up. He looked over at his youner brother who sat there scared holding onto this quilt. He pursed his lips, he felt bad for not bringing the flowers. He didn't understand the situation fully, why everyone hated them so much. He wanted to ask but couldn't as banging could be heard from the door way. Both the parents stood still and looked at each other, the father standing up to check who it was. 

Shouting and yelling could be heard, the father sounding outraged. The little boy ran to his mother, holding onto her dress. Men came into the room, with sticks and laterns. The mother stood up, covering her children from the men, demanding why they are here. The men pointed at the boy with scars and bruises, needing to take him. The mother refused and tried to stop the men but they threw her aside viciously. 

"We need the boy! He was selected for the ceremony to be the gift for the god of this village," a man explained grabbing the boy who struggled in the man's clutches. The other men held the parents back from getting their son back, trying to plead to free their son. "Shut up! You should be honored that you will be helping this village and serving our god in this ceremony. This devil family has to pay for what your father did," the man yelled glaring at the mother who sobbed. "Your father killed my sister and a whole bunch of people in this village! You should be damned to hell, this whole family!" he screamed outraged. "All of you people are just like him!"

"Please," she begged, her head hung low from the pain and humiliation. "Please... I beg of you! Release my son, we are no devil! My father was a sick man with this illness, none of my children are like that! Please, they are very good and polite kids," her shoulders shook shaking her head as she tried to free herself from the grip. She could hear her youngest son, crying and hiding from the men. She just wanted a peaceful life with her family, a place to live normally. "Not my son," she breathed heavily, feeling her body heat up, "don't sacrifice my son. He is a good kid, please don't kill him," she pleaded her breathing erractic, trembling. 

The father looked at his wife eyes wide and struggled harder, "Let my wife go! She's pregnant and she's not feeling well!" He warned them and watched as the men released her and himself. He scrambled towards her and lifting her gently trying to make sure she's alright. The men scoffed in disgust as they started to walk out with the boy.

The boy cried harder, not wanting to go with them and tried to reach out to his family, "Mama! Papa!" He cried out, not caring about the bruises anymore. He knew that in this ceremony, he would have to be killed. He screamed louder, he wanted to stay with his family, run over to his parents and hug them, never letting them go.

The mother breathed harder, her vision failing her. "Run.." she tried to scream out, "run.. they are going to kill you."

The men brought the boy to a shrine, tossing him in this cage like area, wooden bars keeping him from escaping. He held onto the bars and begged the men to let him free. He didn't want to die. The men ignored the kid as they left, bowing as one of the shrine keepers walked in. He walked towards the wooden bars staring at the boy behind it. "Poor child."

The boy shook in fear, gripping onto the wood, "Please let me go! Why am I here? I didn't do anything wrong!" The boy tried to pull on the wood, but it ended him falling down.

"You are here for a very special reason. Once every few years, a red full moon appears and on that day, a ceremony takes place where a child is chosen to give its blood to the gods of this village. The child's soul will be sacrificed in order for this village to have good harvesting years and for the gods to not grow angry with us. You are offering yourself to the gods. That's a very honorable thing to do for this village, and your family," the man explained, grabbing a bowl of water and dipping his fingers in to flick the water droplets at the boy.

He stared at the man as if he was crazy, shaking his head in denial, "No please! I am not offering myself! I don't want to die for the village! You have to help me please," but the man just muttered away, flicking the water on his face.

"Rid of all this evil in this child," the shrine keeper chanted, holding onto a stick with carving engraved in them. The boy denied being evil, he just wanted to get away from this village. The shrine keeper only stared at him. "I sense evil in you child. A dark force." He walked out afterwards, leaving the child to plea. 

 

It was days when they left the boy in the cage, only giving him a meal and water once a day. But the boy didn't nurture his body much. It was one night when the boy heard people talking and shouting. He sat up, seeing a couple men come in and open the wooden bars. They grabbed the boy by the arm, holding onto him tightly as he screamed and moved around. They bought him outside, all of the village folks surrounding the center of the shrine. They made way for the men as they took the boy and tied him to the wooden pole.

He shook in fear, his wide eyes watching everyone who stood there. He screamed, begging for help as tears flowed down his cheeks. "Mama! Papa!" he shouted, looking around for his parents who was no where to be found. They covered the boy's mouth, restricting him from shouting. The tears flowed down from his eyes, his breathing short. He was frightened, he wanted to go home. Torches surrounded the boy, as a man in sacred robes appeared in front of the child. 

He stood there, staring at the frightened boy holding onto a bowl that contained red liquid. He started to chant, tossing beads on the ground. Words started to appear from the man's mouth and the boy just struggled. He wanted to be free, to run from here. He looked around, trying to get anyone to help him. But soon the crowd roared, cheering could be heard. The red moon shown on the sky, shined down on the boy tied up by the pole.

The child's eyes widened at the moon, his eyes glancing back at the man and he shrieked. The man held an axe in his hands, raising his arms for better leverage. The boy shook in fear and screamed as loud as he can with the cloth over his mouth, trying to look for his parents frantically to come help him. But he soon shut his eyes in fright as the man swung his arms downwards.

The red liquid oozed down the pole and into soil, soaking up its content.

 

It was cold, freezing, could barely move anything. His fingers twitching, as he slowly moved his limbs, his arm reaching out. His fingers slowly grew out from the soil, clutching his hand into mid air. Another sudden movement, using his fingers to grasp anything it grabs, hauling himself out of the soil that was just recently removed. His other arm, ing outwards and dug his nails into the soil to lift himself up. Slowly, he crawled out of the ground and stood up, eyes staring into the distance. 

His legs moved forward, to the light that glowed in his vision of sight. Coming closer, he slowed to a stop seeing a crowd of people surrounding three people in the middle. They were in the middle of town, the shrine could be seen from the corner of his eyes, the statue of a sacred animal on the front. He watched as the people in the middle struggled to get free from the poles they were tied around. His mind wouldn't function, they seem all too familiar. 

"Please! Stop this madness! Lets my wife and child go, she's pregnant!" The man pleaded at the crowd who just grew more furious. 

"Let's rid of the devil family to keep our children and this village safe," a man shouted the crowd cheering them on. "Let's send them back to the dead!" He shouted louder grabbing the axe, a few other men grabbing one as well.

The woman weeped, she couldn't bare to look at them. "You killed my first child! Don't kill my second... I beg of you." They ignored her pleas and cries as they swung the weapon at the smaller shrieking child. She jerked at the sound, and cried out louder, "No, please no!" 

He stood there watching, eyes wide at the scene. His orbs locked with the woman in the middle, her eyes widened at him as the man swung the axe right through her stomach, blood splattered everywhere. In that moment, memories flashed through his mind, his shoulders shaking violently, "Mama.."

 

He dragged his body around, an axe, the color of red spots, being lugged against the ground. Opening the door to the house with ease, his foot walked along the wooden boards, his voice singing a soft tune. "Walking to the shining light... a lean tall figure standing bright... a smile that goes up to the ear, reaching out its hand to hold... run run, it wants to play... running through the field of flowers... a narrow path along the way... it's right behind you, run run faster before you're caught... don't let it catch you or you are out... fingers touch against your back... run run faster it's close... run up to a house and knock on the door... 'Let me in' you shout..." he stood in front of a door and softly push it open. He walked in and towards the bed, "will they let you in... quickly... he's right behind you," he raised his arms just as they awoke. Eyes wide and dead, the color of pure dull gold and red. The people screamed in fear as he swung his arms and slowly no more sound.

 He walked out the house, and looked around. His voice, still singing the song. The doors to every house open, blood stains everywhere, the ground painted with red. Droplets of the liquid fell from his face. Letting go of the axe, he picked up one of the torches from the village and slowly reached his arm out so it touched every house. Flames erupted, the heat intensified as smoke filled the night air. Dropping the torch, he started to laugh. He stared at the glowing sight, laughter filled the air. 

 

"Get up!" he shook the other as Xiumin jerked from the bed, his breathing heavy as he clutched his own neck. "Something was burning in here," Donghae coughed fanning away the black smoke around the shorter. Xiumin sat there staring at his surrounding, seeing his aura growing stronger, The black smoke slowly started to dissappear, his hand covering part of his face as shook silently. "Did you... have a bad dream? School starts soon.. will you be able to go?" Donghae slowly asked, not sure what do to. This was the first time he saw the other become like this. 

Sliding his hand down, his eyes bore into the wall, looking lifeless. "Get out..." he spoke. Donghae tried to say something but Xiumin stared at him dead in the eyes, "Now."

Donghae nodded his head and walked out. He went downstairs and to the living room seeing Eunhyuk come up to him and started to ask a lot of questions. Donghae just looked at Yoochun, not knowing what to say. Yoochun just dismissed him, and told him to eat before going out.

A few moments later, Xiumin walked in the room and the two stared at him as Yoochun worked on his monitor. Xiumin showed no indication of their prescense as he walked to the door and slipped his shoes on. He walked out the door afterwards and headed for school. Yoochun looked back at the other two who sat quietly. "Look after him today... he seems unstable." Earning a nod, they got up from their seat to follow the other.

Walking in the gates of the school, he ignored everything in his sight as he got inside. Going down the hall to head to his locker, he slowed down as he saw the group of guys, with Chanyeol in the middle freaking out. "She's gone! My niece just dissappeared, we called the police and everything! It's like she dissappeared in thin air, I don't know what to do." 

Hearing the comfort of his friends, Xiumin stopped, his lips pursed into a tight line. Luhan looked at the shorter and called out to him, telling him about the tragic news. Baekhyun stared at the pale boy, his eyes narrowing, the bad feeling growing again. Xiumin looked up at the taller, looking right into his orbs, "Perhaps... she was never really here to begin with..." their eyes widened at the words, Chanyeol looking furious and outraged.

"What did you say," he yelled going up and pushing Xiumin against the wall, grabbing his collar. "Do you know where she is? What did you do to her you ing freak," he screamed, catching the attention of everyone in school. Xiumin just stared at him, showing no expression or any movements. Sehun and Luhan grabbed the angry giant away from the shorter, trying to stop any fights that might come cross any second. 

A teacher came by soon after, asking what the commotion was about. The boys just waved it off, bringing Chanyeol away from the area. Luhan bowed to her as he watched Xiumin walk away, following him. "Hey, Chanyeol didn't mean it. He was just angry and frustrated and he took it out on you which he shouldn't have. I'm sorry, you don't have anything to do with this so don't feel like you are being blamed," he told him grabbing his shoulder, but Xiumin only yanked his shoulder away.

He looked back at the other, his eyes dull but seemed a bit more dark, "Don't touch me." He turned back around and walked out the exit, and out of the gates. Walking along the path, he stopped and turned his head, looking at a couple of kids, one girl and one boy. The girl had odd hair, it was long and wavy, brown but a hint of blonde. She looked at Xiumin and her eyes grew in fear, grabbing onto the boy she screamed.

The boy drew out his arm and shouted at the pale one, telling him to get away. This drew attention from many people, whispers could be heard. Footsteps could be heard as Eunhyuk and Donghae came up beside Xiumin, Eunhyuk's eyes towards Xiumin as Donghae stared at the kids. Frightened, the boy took the girl's hand and ran off. 

"Will..." Xiumin started, his voice soft and sounded shaky, "...I always be blamed for things I have not done?"

Eunhyuk looked worried as he stared at Donghae in panic who only pursed his lips, in confusion. "Let's go home. I think we all had enough for today."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

done updating! lol 

kind of long xD  god i need a beta..