Chapter 2

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

haha i need help on couples... tell me exo ship you like to see or read... excluding the main character and yea ;;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The entire class was completely awkward. The teacher's lecture couldn't erase the impression the new student left at the beginning of class. The teacher himself felt the strange atmosphere around the classroom and needless to say, he felt highly uneasy about this. He could feel the burning stare digging a hole into his back. He couldn't understand why he felt so uncanny about the peculiar student. Having no surname threw him off mainly, especially with the way the student responded to his question. As the bell rang, he sighed in relief, thankful the class was over. After assigning the homework, he dismissed the students and himself, leaving the room to go to his next class to teach.

Xiumin still sat there, not moving an inch, staring into space as most students avoided him like the plague. First impressions were everything. Whispers could be heard and the gossip went around. "Did you hear? I heard the assistant principle dissappeared this morning. He didn't even come to the opening ceremony to give his speech and no one could find him. They even contacted his wife." 

He could hear almost every chatter that was circling around. News like this spread around quickly. He'd witnessed it enough times to see the effect. Nothing was new. Rather, everything was exactly the same. A shadow appeared over him, and the soft tapping of shoes clicked onto the surface of the floor. Coming to a halt, a soft voice spoke up, a sound so tiny that without the upmost silence it would not be heard. "Um.. Xiumin-ah," even if the voice was so soft, the sudden approach was enough to captivate the whole room. Every person in that room stared at them, anticipating on what would happen next.

He looked up at the girl who stood beside him. Dark silky black hair that ends just right above her shoulder, each strand of hair, straighter than the next. She smiled as she bought her hand out, introducing herself. "My name is Park Inyeon. It's nice to meet you," her words would make anyone feel welcomed. He looked down at her hand and stared at them for a moment. Whispers started to erupt again. Bringing his own palm up, he gently took her hand with his accepting the greeting.

"It's nice to meet you too," he answered her back. Smiling wide, she took this as a chance to start a conversation with him. Noticing that Xiumin wasn't much of a talker, she had no problem with saying random things to make him feel as if he is a part of them too. Meeting new people was one of the things Inyeon liked to do, making all kinds of friends.

Some started to go back to their own conversation but others still watched them as if they were the only ones who didn't fit. "Don't you think that kid is a bit weird. He gives off this freakish vibe that makes your skin crawl," he shuddered at the thought glancing back at those two. "How can she easily talk to people like that?"

The other looked up at them also, "Aw come on. He is just some new kid and it's the first day of school, he's probably feeling like a outcast. I don't think he needs some people judging him like that already." Placing his elbow on the table, his chin rested upon his palm resting his shoulder as the other person just scoffed.

"But he doesn't have a sur name, who the doesn't have a sur name," he whispered harhly staring at his friend incredulously. No one could deny that accusation, it was completely bizzare. Every person with the right mind would find that odd, a person without a sur name. That itself, brings out many questions and suspiciousness.

"Baekhyun, you need to stop that. I know it's a bit weird, but who knows. He could be an interesting guy, he could also just be shy." as he uttered out his last words, the next teacher came in to start the next lesson. The students scattered back into their seats. Baekhyun sighed as he slumped into his seat glancing back at his friend mumbling a few words. Shaking his head, he focused on the board where the teacher started her lesson.

 

 The second bell rang and everyone got up from their seats. It was lunch time and people were heading out to eat. Baekhyun stood up and walked to his friend, "Hey Lay, you are treating me right?" he grinned nudging his shoulder but he just ignored him as he glanced at the quiet kid. Looking back at Baekhyun he gave stare to which the shorter quirked his brows in confusion. Few seconds later, his eyes widened, "Dude no, please don't do it."

Rolling his eyes he dragged the other with him and both stood infront of the pale kid that stared into nothing.They got his attention by their presence and looked up to stare at both of them. "Hi, my name is Lay," he smiled waiting for his friend to introduce himself but only recieved a grumble. Jabbing Baekhun in the ribs, Lay spoke again, "This is Baekhyun. It's nice to meet you Xiumin," he smiled politely trying to get him to open up to them. "Ah, we were wondering if you wanted to come join us, we could show you around." 

He contemplated for a moment, his eyes traveling to the group of girls that left, Inyeon being one of them. She looked back at Xiumin and smiled leaving to get some food with her friends. Looking back at those two he stood up, "Thank you." Lay grinned excited as he lead them out, getting a new friend always excited him. Xiumin stared at Baekhyun who obviously did not feel comfortable with this plan. Catching the pale boy stare at him, he gave a little smile as he walked a bit faster. 

Following the two into the cafeteria, he was being lead to a group of boys sitting in a table. They noticed them approaching, one hollaring, "Took you guys long enough! Who's this?" he asked chewing on a piece of bread, stealing a fry from the tray next to him, succeeding in being uncaught. He tossed the fry in his mouth watching at they walked closer.

"Chen shut up. Did you guys bring us some food?" Baekhyun sat down, lips curved upwards as he was given some food. "Yes, you are the best," he opened one of his crackers and tossed the wrapper in a nearby tray. 

Lay sat down as well motioning for Xiumin to sit. Following suit, Xiumin stared at the guys who looked back at him. Scanning the whole area himself, Xiumin noticed a whole lot of people here formed in some type of groups. "This is Xiumin, he's new to this area." Lay introduced him to the guys, "He doesn't talk much, but I bet you are just shy right Xiumin?" The smaller pale one just stared at him. 

Looking back at the group, he bowed his head a bit, "It's nice to meet you all." Whispers could be heard again, from other groups and tables. 

"He has no sur name," Baekhyun mentioned eating his rice as Lay nudged him hard, glaring at him. Rubbing his arm, Baekhyun grumbled shooting a glare back, "What? They have the right to know," he mumbled. That caught everyone's attention, as their eyes widened staring at the pale boy who just sat there motionless. Nothing seemed to faze him, he gives no reaction, no facial expression. 

"Who the doesn't have a sur name," one of the taller one spoke, his face contorting into something that could be explained in multiple ways. 

"Shut up Sehun. So no sur name eh? That's pretty cool, you are like a mystery huh," Chen grinned looking at him. The boy was indeed intriguing, his whole escense was unbalanced. 

"Guys stop, you are going to make him feel weird," Lay sighed rubbing his own temples. He glanced back at Xiumin who continued to sit there without any indication of hinderance. 

"Lay is right. Don't pick on the new kid. I'm Luhan," he smiled at the pale boy. "This is Chen, Sehun, Kai, and Chanyeol." He introduced the rest of the people sitting in the table. They each said their greeting and Xiumin nodded in acknowlegement. 

"So you moved here," Kai asked biting on his sandwhich. Xiumin merely nodded his head at the question. "From where?"

He gazed at the darker skin boy for while. The question burned in his mind, intending on not to answer, until he answered, "From another town," he muttered. They just stared at him, thinking he would be more specific to his vague answer but Xiumin didn't speak another word. 

"Uh, aren't you going to eat anything? Want some of my noodles," Chanyeol offered moving his container closer.

"No thank you. I'm not hungry," he replied to the taller one. Glancing to the side view, he stood up. "Plese excuse me," he started to walk to the exit of the cafeteria. The rest of the boys just stared after him, the awkward atmosphere still visible.

"See? God that kid is so weird, he gives me freaking goosebumps," Baekhyun rubbed his arms looking off to where Xiumin walked off too. "I mean seriously? No sur name? He barely talks and he looks sick, he's so white," Baekhyun whispered.

"I agree with him," Sehun nodded, finishing his dumplings, "something about him just throws me off."

"You guys are just being weird," Chen said stealing more food from Kai who glared at him and slapped his hand away.

Luhan sipped his drink looking where he walked off to as well, "Yea, he's just feeling awkward. He's new after all, and who cares if he doesn't have a sur name. He probably does and just doesn't want to say it. Besides, he's kinda cute, in a quiet way." 

"Give him some time to open up to us," Lay commented, "I'm sure you guys all experienced the feeling of a new kid right?"

"Yea but, I bet none of us were this awkward, and I bet you we all had sur names," Baekhyun mumbled sipping on his drink as he sighed, feeling the goosebumps rise again.

 

Walking down the hall, he opened the door to his classroom. Walking in he saw Inyeon looking through her own bookbag. Looking up from her bag she smiled, "Xiumin-ah, hey! Are you done eating lunch?" she asked zipping her stuff up. She watched as Xiumin closed the door and locked it slowly. Blinking a few times, she frowned, "Xiumin-ah? What are you doing?" 

Turning around to face her, the dark smoke like aura surrounded his arm once again, a figure forming around his fingers in the shape of a gun. Her eyes widened at the sight as she shrieked, stumbling backwards. "Shhh, you'll get us in trouble. People might hear us." She jerked at the new voice behind her and turned around eyes wide and confused. He wasn't there before. The last of the three looked at her, giving her a soft smile, "Hi. I decided to pop by. I hope that's ok."

"Donghae," Xiumin spoke looking at him, his eyes spoke words that Donghae understood. He looked back at the girl who stood trembling in fear. He walked closer, the gun ready in hand.

She shook violently shaking her head backing away, "No.. stop please! Why are you doing this? Someone please help!" she screamed but she tensed as ropes  appeared in thin air and wrapped around her body, tightening around her skin and . Donghae held her in place, making his ropes firm and sturdy.

"Poor girl. She doesn't remember. Sorry to break it to you sweety, but you died. Last week, when you went out with your friends," he spoke and watched her reaction. She completely stood still and stopped struggling, staring down at the ground, tears pouring down her face. "It was late and you missed the last train to get home," his voice was soft, the feeling of pity evident in his voice. "So you decided to walk home but on your way home... you stumbled upon some very bad people. They try to rob you but you fought against them, but they were stonger. Are you starting to get your memory back?" he questioned her. Inyeon started to shake once again, the tears becoming heavier. "You managed to run away but they were chasing you. As you were running, you tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. You died once you hit the ground," he said very carefully. "But your emotions were strong enough to let you stay here when you should have crossed over. Even though you possess a solid body, you aren't alive."

Her cries were muffled by the rope tied around . She kept shaking her head, not wanting to believe even though the memories flooded back in her mind. She refused to believe she died. Xiumin looked at her, the state she was in right now. "Inyeon," Xiumin said, "when you woke back up again, your anger overpowered you. Your active form fed on the humans that chased after you."

Inyeon breathed heavily, the anger in her eyes clearly showed. The ropes around slowly loosened. "They deserved to die! They ing deserved it! I shouldn't have died! I didn't do anything wrong! Why did I have to die," she weeped, slowly her body transforming. "They had to pay, they had to pay for what they did.."

Donghae tightened the ropes around her, "She lost control of her mind. She's becoming active again. I got her, just finish the job."

Xiumin stared at the girl and lifted his gun, "For the sin you have caused, harming and murdering other people, I am sentencing you to hell," he pulled the trigger and a loud gunshot was heard in the air. As the hole pierced in her neck, she shrieked in pain and in seconds, she dissapppeared into thin air. The aura vanished moments later, the gun gone as well. Xiumin stood there, staring at the empty space where the girl stood.

Patting his shoulder, Donghae wrapped his arm around him, "I'm sorry. She was the first one that came up to you and was nice to you as well. Are you ok?" Donghae asked looking at him carefully. But the shorter stayed quiet, eyes still glued to the space where the girl stood. "Let's go. It looks as if you could be making friends though, they seem alright," Donghae continued leading them out.

Xiumin shrugged his arm off and walked ahead, "I don't make friends on the job."

 

Class started again, and Xiumin sat in his waiting for class to begin. The teacher walked in a few minutes after but the chatter continued. "Where's Inyeon? She's never late and she never came back to lunch. Her bag is still here, do you think she went to the nurse's office?"

The noise soon quieted down as the teacher shut them up. Soon enough, class started to begin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

donnee wooo! yea ok a longer chapter.. 

tell me what you think!

and remember, tell me the couples you guys want to see in this story..

thanks!