Chapter 4

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

ok updating!! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mama!" a voice rang through the air, soft footsteps tapping against the wooden floor. Hearing the joyous laughter of a child so innocent, it creates a magical feeling of serene harmony. The sounds of the door swinging open as the voice becomes more clear to the ear. Rushing through the rooms and into the small opening, tiny stubby fingers reached out to grab the long silky dress, pulling on its soft fabric. "Mama!"

Laughing at the stubborn child beneath her, she placed her cooking utensils down in the sink washing her hands to clear off the access food. Wiping her hands on the apron, she bent down gently grabbing her son around his shoulders, "And what does my little angel want hm," she asked chuckling hearing her son whine. leaning in, she kissed his forehead using her thin finers to brush his hair out of his face. Looking down on the small fingers huddled around together, she rose a brow, "Hm, what do you have in your hands?"

"Mama, I found this little rabbit and I think it broke his leg. What do I do, he's not moving," he spoke, worried. His brown eyes looked at the woman, wide with fear evident in his face expression. With each second, his brown orbs seemed to gloss, face slowly growing red with sadness. The woman could only smile at her son's soft heart and gentleness, slowly taking the rabbit in her clutches. 

She stood up and placed the injured animal on the table, seeing the little boy scramble up on a chair to witness what his mother was about to do. She smiled kindly, rubbing his head as she strolled over to grab a few things from the cabinet. "It's alright, I'll help your little friend and soon the rabbit will be as good as new." 

The words placed a smile on the boy's face, a smile that can brighten anyone's day. He watched as his mother helped the poor rabbit and within seconds, a little cloth was tied around its leg, the smell of some herbal medicine filled the air. She nodded her head once she finished, cleaning up the materials and putting it away cleaning her hands afterwords.

"Mama, is the rabbit ok?" the boy asked eyes staring at the small creature. She told the boy that the rabbit will be fine but it needs to heal so any sudden movements would be bad for the little one. The boy looked at his mother understanding her words, watching as she went back to cooking. The boy glanced back at the animal and tilted his head petting it with his finger.

"Why don't you go out and play with the other kids? Dinner will be ready soon," she spoke, humming softly as she started to chop some onions. The boy grew silent, lips pursing as he fiddled with his fingers. Noticing the silence, she stopped momentarily wiping her hands on her apron and turned around. "Sweety? Why are you so quiet?"

He looked at the rabbit and started to pet it again. "Mama... the other kids don't like me. They don't want to play with me," his voice gradually got silent as the mother stood there, her lips pursed. She walked over to him, his hair as she leaned down to kiss it, assuring him that's not true. He shook his head vigorously, stubby fingers wiping his eyes, "Mama, they call be bad names. They said our family is cursed and that-that," he hiccupped, his voice stuttering as he tried to wipe away his tears. "Why does everyone hate us," he sobbed sniffling.

Her heart broke at the sight and brought the boy into her arms, embracing him tightly. Her fingers tangled in his hair trying to calm the boy down, slowly rocking him back and forth. "Shh, it's alright. You are stronger than that right? You are much stronger than that, don't let them get to you sweety," her voice whispered into his ear kissing his head softly. 

"Mama," he breathed erractically, clutching onto her apron, face buried in the crook of her shoulder, "They throw rocks at me, they write on our door. Why are they mad at us?" he questioned.

She could only swallow the lump in , her gaze blank as she stared into space. She could only hug her son tighter, hoping to secure her son from all evil in the world. Protection was the only thing in her mind as she gave no answer to her son's words. Hearing the door open, she pulled away and looked at his chubby face wiping away his tears and caressing his cheeks tenderly. "Sweety, papa is home. Why don't you go say hello to him?"

He nodded his head, wiping his face once more and ran off, "Papa!" Seeing him run, she stood up, fingers clutching agaisnt the edge of the table. Her face contorted in the expression of fear. Hearing the sounds of her husband and son's laughter, her heart clenched tight. Sighing, she turned back to her dinner that she started, trying to get her mind off of certain things. 

Feeling arms wrap around her waist and soft lips on her cheeks, she could only lean in to the touch as she grabbed his arms. Asking her how her day was, she stood still only pondering on what to say. "Honey," she started, voice wavering. Noticing the tone in his wife's voice, he tightened his arms around her. "We need to leave," she spoke, trying to maintain her calm state. "We can no longer stay here, they are going after our son. It's not safe here," she weeped softly, her face buried in her palms. 

His chin rested on her shoulder, rubbing her stomach to calm her down, "I'll call my brother and see what he can do. Don't cry, it's not good for the baby. We'll get through this," he whispered. Watching his parent's action, the boy stood by the door, quietly, listening to every word they said.

 

"How is he?" Yoochun asked, just as Eunhyuk walked in the living room, a bowl of noodles in his hand. He stood by the monitor, typing a few things as he glanced at the boy who slumped in his chair. He stopped his work and turned around, his figure leaning against the monitor arms crossed and a worried expression on his face.

Eunhyuk only shook his head, staring into the bowl of noodles left untouched. "He wouldn't answer me. His closet door won't open, he's in that place. I don't think he wants to see anyone now," Eunhyuk muttered. His face contorted into sadness as he pursed his lips, fingers gripping onto the bowl's edge. 

Yoochun walked over to the boy sitting down and ruffled his hair. He chuckled at the sight of him whining about his hair. "He needs some alone time right now, he'll come out eventually. Give it some time. Why don't you go ahead and eat the noodles, you know he won't eat it."

Eunhyuk nodded his head, placing the bowl by a table nearby. "I know... but he always lets me in. I could be there and talk to him when he's feeling down," Eunhyuk huffed laying his head back. "And I know he won't eat it," his eyes glanced back at the bowl on the table, "it couldn't hurt to ask. You never know, he might say yes one day."

"You are always saying that, but he won't eat it," Donghae snorted rolling his eyes. He was by the couch, a book in his hand. He stopped reading as he looked off at the other two on the side of the room. "And why would he want you in there? If I was upset, I wouldn't want a stupid brat annoying me 24/7." Eunhyuk gawked at the other, offended. He replied back to his statement, only having it become a argument between them. Donghae groaned covering his ears, "Yoochun yah! Why did you have to let him enroll in our school? You know how annoying this kid is?"

Yoochun only chuckled at the question as he walked back to the monitor continuing his work, "I thought it would be a good experience for you both. School is something you both should attend. It may help you later in life." His answer only caused another fit of argument. He smiled, hearing them bicker but froze for a moment as he looked up at the screen. "You two be quiet. We have a active one roaming on the streets."

Donghae stood up abruptly, "What? But... Xiumin is not here though. And he won't answer us!" The two started to panic as Yoochun stood still thinking for a moment.

"You two, go after the thing. Make sure it doesn't get away, I'll be there soon," he ordered as the two nodded their heads and dissappeared from the room. Yoochun sighed as he walked up the stairs and to a door, knocking on it softly.

 

"What do we do? What if Xiumin doesn't come? How else will we get rid of it, we don't have that gun thing!" Eunhyuk rambled on, running at a certain direction with the other following suit. "Would we have to tie him up and lock him away somewhere, waiting for Xiumin to come and finish the job?" he asked, worrying excessively. "What if we don't capture him? What if-"

"Would you shut up? I can't even think with you yapping away," Donghae shouted trying to get his thoughts together. He looked over at the other who became silent all of a sudden, lips twisted to a gloomy expression. He sighed, ruffling his hair as he ran faster in the direction he picked up the scent in. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled at you. Don't worry, we will get him. You over think too much, things will be fine." His voice confident and reassuring.

Eunhyuk on his lips, his left hand rubbing over his eyes, "I can't help it. I'm worried about him, he hasn't been like this in a while and he won't even let me in. I don't want to screw up Donghae... Not like how we did in the last town. That event... it put so much burden on his shoulders, I resent myself for being weak," his voice grew shaky, his vision fogging up. "He's been through so much... I'm scared."

Donghae slowed to a stop and looked at the other who also stopped. "Don't be, you have me with you. We all resent ourselves for being weak, but we can't take back what happened. We all want to forget that event, pretend like it never happened. We are all worried about him and the least we can do for him is get that thing to make his job easier. If I could... I would take some burden off his shoulders, but I don't know how," Donghae lifted his hand removing a piece of hair from the other's face, "We won't screw up. We won't make the same mistakes twice, I'll promise you that."

Eunhyuk stared at the other, biting his lips as he blinked away his tears. His words were somewhat comforting, but it did make him feel lighter. He opened his mouth to say something but was stopped as a shriek was heard. Widening their eyes, they headed off to the direction as fast as they both could. Coming closer, they saw the creature heading towards a couple of people, one boy and one girl. 

"..." Donghae stared at the boy, gritting his teeth as waved his hand, ropes apprearing from thin air, wrapping around the creature tightly. Eunhyuk looked confused as he appeared right behind the people, grabbing them by their waist and dissappeared, reappearing right behind Donghae. He looked up at the creature who was struggling to get free.

"You two, stay here," Eunhyuk ordered them and looked back at Donghae. "What happened," he whispered glancing on the people who look petrified from the scene. They backed away from the sight, obviously intending to run but the girl's legs gave out from fright causing the male to hold her closely. 

"The boy.. he knows Xiumin," Donghae muttered to which Eunhyuk froze. Looking back at the couple of people, Eunhyuk started to panic. The boy knew Xiumin, and if Xiumin were to come, this would not lead to any good events. "Eunhyuk pay attention!" Donghae shouted causing the other to flinch and turn back around only to be grabbed by the creature's long arms, nails digging in his skin and thrown on the other side of the creature. "Eunhyuk!"

He screamed in pain as he clutched himself, the holes in his skin burned with the acidity aroma. He bit back his tongue, forcing his tears to stay in looking back up at the creature only to see Donghae furious, chains with spikes wrapping around the creatures body. He could see the creature's hand extending again, picking up his legs and dashed to hold his arms tightly. He made ropes appear as well, helping Donghae secure the creature but it didn't stop it from slamming his arm into a wall, Eunhyuk's body colliding against it. 

"Eunhyuk! Let it go!" Donghae shouted, but Eunhyuk refused, not wanting to let it get to the humans. "Idiot, you're hurting yourself," he screamed, panic arising in his voice. Within seconds, a gun was pointed on the creature's head. Donghae widened his eyes, relief washed over him. 

Xiumin stared at the creature, the aura, darker than before, his eyes burned with an emotion left unsaid. The smoke forming around his fingers, grew intensely obviously furious. "For the sin you have commited, causing harm and endangering lives of others, I am sentencing you to hell," with the last word spoken, he pulled the trigger and soon the creature dissappeared. 

Yoochun held the two humans in his arm as Donghae rushed to Eunhyuk's side. "I made them sleep, when they wake up, they will think it was a bad dream. I'll take them home, you three go home and tend to Eunhyuk. I'll be there shortly," Yoochun said dissappearing in sight. 

Xiumin turned around, coming near Eunhyuk who was bleeding. Donghae yelled at him, for being stupid and getting injured and to be more careful next time. Xiumin stared at him, an emotion fixed on his face. Without a second thought, Eunhyuk engulfed Xiumin in an embrace, so tight, that it made Eunhyuk cry from the pain. "You're ok... I'm so glad you are ok. I was so worried," he sniffled, his face sobbed into his shirt. "I'm getting blood on your shirt."

Xiumin stood there, his emotions mixed. He can see the blood drip down from Eunhyuk's body. Trembling slightly, he wrapped his arms around the other, lips quivering. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..." he whispered, face buried in his neck. Donghae looked at them both and sighed. He shook his head and smiled, taking them both home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

eunhae... chokes... i love eunhae.. not gonna lie hahaha

ok well i updated! hope you like it!