Chapter 10

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

updatingg.. i cant get my poster uppp ughhhh ;---; someone help me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are you dragging me along," Baekhyun sighed, walking with Luhan who seemed to be in his own world. He shook his head, not even sure why he was trying in the first place. He bet if he just walked away, the other wouldnt even notice one bit. "So I saw a person die the other day," he casually said, looking to see if the other paid any attention to him, but he got nothing. "You know... I have always thought of you as pushy," he told the other.

Luhan whipped his head making a face towards Baekhyun, "What? Pushy? I am not pushy, how am I pushy?" He asked, shocked that Baekhyun would even think of him that way.

He only rolled his eyes, facepalming, "Sure, you hear that! Anyway, why are you dragging me along," he asked once again trying to get an answer this time, hopefully the other was listening. He had an attention span about the size of a brain of a deer in headlights. Though, that would go towards more for looks than an intellectual comparison.

"I need someone to go to the store with me. Havent you heard, about the random people gone missing around this area," warning his friend who just stared at him disbelivingly. 

"Are you serious? Theres like two people from our school thats gone missing. I'm not in kindergarden, I'm pretty sure I know how to keep up with today's news," he sighed again, finding this a waste of time. He could be at home doing his own things, but no, he was forced to accompany his friend to a store thats not that far away from here. Perhaps if he ditched now, he could still make it back home in time to finish watching that movie he started.

Walking farther, he stopped momentarily his eyes squinted ahead, "Hey isnt that Sehun and Kai?" His index finger pointed outwards towards two figure in the distance that seemingly looks as if they are arguing. Baekhyun blinked for a moment agreeing with Luhan. Looking at each other, they ran off in the direction of their two friends who are indeed bickering. "Woah guys, whats up?" Luhan came in just enough time since Kai looks as if he is about to explode.

"What the happened between you guys," Baekhyun broke the awkward silence that just fell upon them, both the males staring at the shorter. He backed away a bit, not sure if it was safe to be near them at the moment.

"I ing had it! Sehun has something that he is not telling me and it is seriously pissing me off. It's been bothering him and me, for like days now but he wont tell me what's wrong," Kai shouted, his face red clearly from anger. Sehun only pursed his lips, holding onto his wrist as he was about to speak up but got interupted by Kai. "See? You are doing it again! The whole wrist thing, you keep touching it and it is really annoying! Why won't you tell me? I thought we were close Sehun," his face showed off a pained expression his lips twisting to a frown. He couldn't lie, it hurt, it really did. He doesn't know why Sehun stopped telling him things, but he wanted it to end.

Sehun couldn't look at him, he felt beyond guilty but he couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't say anything. Baekhyun looked at the oddly, it was weird for Sehun to be keeping things from Kai especially since they were close friends. Luhan spoke up, looking at Sehun, "Hey Sehun. Is something bothering you? You can tell us, really. We can help you if you are in trouble. I have noticed it too, you have been acting strange ever since the thing with Xiumin. Did something happen," he personally wanted to know, the curiosity was killing him.

Sehun felt all the weights on his shoulders once more, his body feeling heavy. He was afraid, of what would happen if he told them. Baekhyun scoffed, "Figures," he mumbled earning a jab in the ribs by Luhan. Grunting in pain, he glared, "No, I don't care. You guys have to admit, ever since he came into this town, weird things has been happening. Are you guys seriously going to ignore this?"

Kai sighed, hating to admit it but he agreed with the shorter. Sehun only pursed his lips, wanting to say something, anything. Luhan opened his mouth, to say something but the words got stuck in his throat, staring at a couple of kids walking along the path. "That girl," he said, the other three looking to see a girl and a boy holding hands. "I saw that girl the other day and she needed help, but then she dissappeared."

Baekhyun rose a brow, "Wow," his voice was clearly filled with sarcasm, "And we care why?" Sehun stared at the girl, his eyes widening. Something was off about her, he could feel it. Gripping his wrist harder, he had this bad feeling spreading throughout his body. Something was wrong, something about that girl was wrong. 

The girl turned her head, eyes meeting with Sehun, as if she knew what he was thinking. He jerked back, a shiver ran down his spine. "Yah Sehun, are you alright?" Kai shook him, trying to get his friend back to reality. "What, do you know that girl?" Sehun only shook his head, his hand holding his head. The boy with the girl looked at them, glaring as he ran away with the girl. 

"The is wrong with that kid," Baekhyun muttered staring at them. Luhan could only stare back at the girl, watching as they ran off.

 

The night fell, as the moon shone brightly in the dark sky. Xiumin was outside, waiting with Yoochun for the other two to come out. "Any news Yoochun?" He asked, looking at the tall man who stood by the door frame. 

He stared back at the shorter, "As to where the girl is? No idea. She could be anywhere, and she should have gotten a lot stronger now. She fed on so many," he told him. It wasn't after a minute later that the other two came rushing out. 

"Sorry, Donghae was taking forever," Eunhyuk complained shaking his head but yelped as he earned a punch on the shoulder. He glared at Donghae who in return growled at him, telling Eunhyuk that he took too long in the bathroom. "Hey, I just got in okay?" Eunhyuk retorted, snorting as he crossed his arms looking way.

"Are you kidding? You were putting on that skin cream ! Why the do you need that, you aren't even-" his voice got cut off by Xiumin who stared at them intensely.

"Enough. There is a girl out there, she needs to be found. We will all split up to look for her," he told them watching as each one of them gave their approval. After that, they started to head out, all going in different directions. 

 

Luhan sighed as he groaned, his head banging against the wall. They all decided to head to the mall, maybe bring some comfort back into the atmosphere. And besides, he could use a new pair of boxers. Though, he didn't expect to be alone, his friends scattered all across the mall. He wondered how he winded up losing the other three. But at least this gave him peace and quiet for a while.

He could think clearly now. He roamed through the mall, already buying his pair of boxers. He just now was just looking through stores, hoping one of them would at least be kind enough to text him back. Feeling stuffy in the mall, he texted them that he would be outside waiting for them, and if they didn't come out or at least text him in the next thirty minutes then he would be leaving.

He sighed, liking the fresh air around his skin. He shoved his hands in his pockets looking around the area but stopped as he heard a cry. Frowning, he stood still trying to get a closer hearing. It sounds like a girl. He tried to walk closer to the crying girl, trying to find where she could be. Walking further, the girl crying became louder. Turning the corner, Luhan spotted the same girl he saw earlier today. Walking up to her, he crouched down.

"Uh hey, are you alright," he asked cautiously, not trying to scare her. She flinched, her hair was covering part of her face. The girl's eyes were swollen red, tears were falling down her eyes. "Whats wrong, why are you crying," he brushed her hair out of the girl's face, hoping she would stop soon. "Why are you out so late?"

She sniffled, wiping the tears away from her eyes. Looking up at the man she stuttered, "I-I lost my friend," she hiccupped, her hands clutching close. She bit her lips, trying to stop the tears forming again.

"Oh, the little boy? It's alright, I'll help you find him," he offered smiling, watching the girl's face light up. She nodded her head, accepting the offer as she thanked him. Holding onto her small hand, they walked to where they were last, trying to look for the boy. Walking quite a long distance, Luhan gave out a short sigh, "What is your friend's name," he questioned looking back at the girl. 

His eyes widened as he flinched back, letting go of her hand. The girl's eyes were stretched out, her pupil pitch black. Her skin grew a sickly pale color, growing wide as veins started to pop out at the side of her neck. Luhan stared horrified at the girl, backing away into a tree as she grew closer to him. His legs shook in fear, feeling the earth quake beneath him. 

"Wh-what.." his voice stuttered in fear, the girl laughing softly. He tried to run but he felt something grab him as he was pinned, slammed back into the tree, grunting at the pain. The girl had a large arm grow out of the side of her body, keeping Luhan there in place.

"Hungry," she spoke, her voice soft as a whisper, "so hungry." In matter of seconds, she was just an inch away from Luhan's face. Luhan couldn't speak, his voice was stuck in his throat as he could only stare in horror. The girl opened her wide mouth, dozens of sharp teeth shown as she bit onto Luhan's neck. Luhan screamed in pain, as he felt his skin burn like amber.

He shut his eyes trying to struggle free but he knew it wouldn't help much. The sting around his neck spread, feeling the girl move. He opened his eyes trying to scream for help. Just as the girl backed away, her body was flung arcoss the road, hitting the ground as she slid. She grunted in pain holding on to her waist, the hand was removed from Luhan. She glared, scowling as she stood, wiping the blood from . Luhan held on his neck looking to the figure that just appeared. 

He quirked his brows, staring at the male figure. "I found you," Xiumin spoke, looking straight at the girl. He glanced at Luhan who looked frightened, "Don't move," he advised walking closer to the girl. The girl only looked furious, glaring her teeth, blood still dripping from it.

"Don't get in my way," she snarled, large hands growing out of her sides to grab him. Xiumin only stared at her, flicking his hand as the girl flung to her left, back hitting against the tree. Xiumin reached his hand out, and cut through the air vertically, watching as the girl grew stiff as her skin indented, as if an invisible thing was grasping her. She screamed, her eyes flaring, "I'll kill you, you bastard!"

"No," Xiumin said walking towards her, "You can't defeat me, not with your strength. You knew this was inevitable," he talked, as black smoke formed around his arm, a figure taking shape in the palm of his fingers. A gun soon appeared in his hand, he pointed towards her. Luhan only stared in horror, not believing any of this.

The girl soon turned back into her original form, shrieking as she shook her head, "No! Don't kill me, someone please help!" She shook in fear, as tears flowed down her cheeks.

"What the are you doing," someone shouted. Xiumin turned his head to see Baekhyun, Kai, and Sehun, staring at him in fear. Baekhyun looked at the girl, his body slightly shaking, "Let go of that girl you freak!" Kai grabbed onto Sehun's arm, trying to back him away, but Sehun only stood still staring at the sight. That girl, something was wrong with that girl, he could feel it. "What the hell did you do to Luhan?" Sehun could hear Baekhyun shout seeing the bleeding boy shaking by the tree. Catching a glimpse of Kai taking his phone out, Sehun stopped him shaking his head.

"Stop! Don't hurt her!" A boy shouted, running in front of the girl, extending his arms as if to protect. The girl fell, the invisible grasp gone. She whimpered, holding onto the boy's shoulder, marks evident on her skin.

Xiumin stared at the boy, no emotion shown on his face. "You know don't you? That she isn't alive. Why are you protecting her," he asked, his hand still in position on shooting. He has no intent on letting that girl get away again.

"I," the boy stuttered, he glared at Xiumin, obviously scared and quaking, "I won't let you hurt her!" He shouted.

Baekhyun glared furious as he was about to say something until he felt a hand on his shoulder, turning around to see Sehun, his head shaking, eyes trying to warn him not to get involved.

Xiumin continued to stare, not moving an inch, "You saw her," he said. "You saw her fall out the window and die. You knew she has been feeding on humans to survive and you saw her true form. Why are you protecting her, she killed many humans."

The boy shook his head in refusal, not agreeing with anything. He felt her hands tightened on the grip, "No! She's not dead, I know she's not dead. She is here, she is alive," he shouted back.

"You felt her pulse," he said bluntly. "You know she died, but then she stood up. Move," he ordered.

The boy continued to shake his head, refusing to move. The girl bit her lips, crying softly, "I only wanted to touch the butterfly, but then I slipped."

The air grew colder as the wind blew harsher. Xiumin only stood there, his fingers were already on the trigger, ready to pull. "You know you aren't suppose to be here. You need to go."

The others only stared in shock, and in horror. Everything seemed too surreal. The girl glared at him, her eyes turning pitch black again, "Why? Why do I need to go?"

The boy pursed his lips as Xiumin angled the gun, covering the girl more away from the gun. "No! I won't let you take her away from me, I love her and she's going to stay with me so we could get married!" 

"She'll eat you," Xiumin countered back, the mood darker as any hint of softness completely vanished. The boy's eyes widened as the girl shook her head denying his words. "That's who she is. She now turned into something that feeds on human to survive. Soon, her hunger will grow and she won't be able to control it any longer. Then she will feed on you, whether she wants to or not." The words didn't go through the boy's head, he didn't want to believe in that. 

"I love her... and she loves me! She wouldn't do that, she knows how to control herself," he argued back, the girl hugging onto him tightly. 

She gritted her teeth, eyes fully on Xiumin, "It's not fair! Why do I have to go and be in hell, there are many other people who are dead! Why do you have to come and get rid of me," she screamed, her voice changing.

"Because, you are dead," he responded.

"And?" She shouted louder. "Why could you stay and I can't? You are dead too!" The other's widened their eyes and looked at Xiumin who stood there, lips pursed. 

"Because," he started, eyes locked with the girl's,  "I am hell's pawn."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

done! 

i seriously cant get the poster up ;-;