Chapter 6

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

updating!! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sehun kept worrying all day, his hand rubbing his wrist all day wondering when the pain would arise again. He stood by the locker, his back leaning against it as he leaned his head back waiting for the others. All he wanted to do was get his injury healed. Hearing footsteps nearby, he cocked his head to the right to see Kai walking towards him. He inwardly sighed as he tried to ignore the look in the others eyes. He knew Kai wasn't stupid, but he could not tell the other what was really going on.

Kai nudged him, walking ahead to the exit making sure Sehun followed behind. They walked out and to the front, seeing a group of guys there. "Who are we waiting for," Kai asked sipping on his drink of water, his eyes glancing over at Sehun who was surprisingly quiet today. 

Nodding his head towards a direction he pointed with his fingers, "There they are," Kyungsoo said looking at the group of people walking their direction. They all turned their heads to see Luhan walking to them with Lay, who looked incredibly nervous as he yapped away, Baekhyun who was walking a bit fast looking uncomfortable, and Xiumin who followed along with no reaction, looking around his surroundings. "Took you guys long enough," Kyungsoo grinned, greeting Xiumin as he teased around with Baekhyun who scoffed at him. 

"We are riding in your cousin's limo right," Chen asked feeling all hyped up for this hangout. "Dude, I haven't seen your cousin in like months. I heard he got a new game, I'm psyched to play it," he said his hands rubbing together. Luhan only laughed, shaking his head at the other, ignoring what he said. He took his phone out, checking the time as he looked out on the streets, smiling when he saw the vehicle driving their way.

"So your cousin is rich but you are not," Chanyeol questioned only to receive a smack on the arm. Everyone laughed at the question, with the exception of the pale boy, wondering that as well. "Just asking," he muttered rubbing his arm.

"How does that work," Kyungsoo pestered on as Chen hopped in the car. Luhan ignored his question urging everyone to go in looking back Xiumin who stood there staring at them. The pale boy looked over at the limo that parked right in front of them. He couldn't deny that this whole situation was a bit weird for him. He knew some people were uncomfortable by him and the thought of going in to a closed space wasn't something he was picturing he would be in.

"Xiumin, you coming in?" Luhan asked but Xiumin only stared at him. He wasn't stupid, he knew how awkward it was for the pale boy to be dragged to a hangout with people he barely knows. "It's ok, I am sure you aren't the only one feeling like this. It will take time though," he tried to lighten up the tense atmosphere. He motioned the other to come in and slowly he did. Smiling he climbed in after the other seeing the others already drinking.

 

As they arrived to the gates, Xiumin looked out to see a huge mansion like house. It was one of those cliche houses one would see in movies. They got out one by one, pretty excited to be invited over to his house again. The gates slowly opened as Luhan lead them inside the gate and walked up the pavement to the doors. He didn't even knock as a butler opened the doors, greeting Luhan. Xiumin studied the area closely, things were very fancy and expensive looking. There was even a fountain in the front yard shaped like dragon. 

They walked in seeing a tall man walk in, who looked closely in age with Luhan. This must be the cousin. "Hey guys, nice to see you again," he chuckled waving his hand, the others greeting back as well, all casually. They seem so familiar with the cousin. Looking over at Lay, he noticed the other looking nervous. He seemed to be sweating a bit much avoiding eye contact. Tilting his head, Xiumin thought the behavior was interesting. "Is there someone new to the gang," he asked as everyone else left to the other room.

"Yea, his name is Xiumin. He's really quiet. Xiumin, this is Kris my cousin," Luhan introduced them. "There are more people in the other room I'll introduce to you." Xiumin nodded his head, greeting Kris who greeted him back with a grin. Leading them both to the other room, they already saw Chen and Chanyeol playing the new video game Kris got, both arguing about the other cheating. 

"Hey, there you guys are," a tall guy greeted walking towards them, seeing another shorter guy follow him. They were both someone Xiumin didn't know. He looked around the area, there were a lot of people here but they all seem like good friends with each other. 

"Woah.. he is so pale," the shorter one commented. "We heard about you from them just now," he grinned extending his hand. "They say you are unique. I'm Suho, this is Tao," he introduced them both. Xiumin stared him, his hand extending out slowly and shaking on it.

"I'm Xiumin," he spoke introducing himself. Luhan nudged him on the shoulder, offering to show him around to which Xiumin agreed curious to see the other parts of the house.

Kris smiled as he waved them off, walking back to the others. Grabbing a couple of beers, he plopped down on the couch next to Lay who was startled. Smiling, he offered the other a beer, "I haven't seen you in a while. How have you been?" he asked opening his bottle and taking a gulp out of it, tossing the cap somewhere.

Lay shifted in his seat, his pulse quickened and his nerves getting the best of him. He would be lying if he said his body wasn't heating up at the moment. It was true, they haven't seen each other in quite a while. He couldn't even properly look at the other in the eyes as he struggled to open his beer. Hearing the other chuckle, his nerves worsen seeing the other's hand open the bottle for him. "Thanks," Lay muttered taking a sip of the drink. "I have been good, how about you?" he asked back, pursing his lips.

"Good," he nodded his head looking at the other's state. "You know, I still haven't forgotten that time," he told the other seeing him turn red and try to play it off. Laughing softly, he ruffled the other's hair, "Cute. It's really good to see you again."

Lay couldn't help but smile at those words and fix his own hair, "Yea, I agree. It is good to see you again too. It's been a while, how is school?" he asked, trying to get to know the other's life a bit more.

Luhan turned around, arms widening, "Yep, there you have it. The whole house," he said watching the other scan around the backyard which was incredibly big with flowers, a swinging seat, trees, and much more. "You don't seem impressed, in fact, you don't seem to react at all," he commented observing the pale boy as he gazed back at him. "I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but it's kind of hard to know how you are feeling." 

"It's beautiful," he muttered, Luhan not hearing what the other said. Xiumin repeated himself, more clearly to which the other understood. "I try," he said after, causing Luhan to contort his face in confusion. "To show expression," he told him, looking around the backyard again. Everything was quiet except the sounds of the bird chirping and the feel of the wind blowing. The air around them was peaceful and soothing, making it seem like the world was a perfect place. 

Luhan nodded his head in understandment, looking at the other closely. "Do you try to talk more too," Luhan asked seeing the other nod his head to that question. He smiled, looking off to the side, "I think that's good. Trying will always get you somewhere," he said leading them back inside the house. "That's pretty admirable, if you need any help or anything, you can come to me and ask," he offered going back in the room.

"Alright! They are back, let's play now," Kyungsoo smirked grabbing a empty bottle. Baekhyun questioned him to what he was doing doing in which he replied, "We are playing truth or dare of course." Some people groaned as they huddled in a circle, Xiumin following them. "Now, let's see who goes first." he spun the bottle and as it spun, some of them fidgeted in their seat in anticipation. As the bottle slowed down, it landed on Suho who groaned. "Sweet, you know the deal, truth or dare?" Suho sighed as he picked truth. "Who did you lose your ity to," Kyungsoo asked, right off the bat. Everyone was curious to hear about this as Suho glared at the devil who smirked.

"It was.." his voice faltered, internally wanting to just jump off the roof. Chanyeol edged him on as he facepalmed himself. "The school nurse," he mumbled and everyone stared at him wide eyed. Questions were thrown at him, hearing Chen whistle, as Suho ignored them all spinning the bottle. "Alright next," he said having it land on Chnayeol. 

"Dare all the way," Chanyeol grinned, "I'm not scared." Suho rolled his eyes as he thought of a dare to give the other.

It took a while for him to think of one but he grinned as soon as it came to him. He looked back at Chanyeol who seemed so confident in himself. He laughed at the thought and nodded his head, that was exactly what he was going to dare. "Ok man, I dare you..." his grin got wider as he spoke.

Chanyeol grumbled to himself, immediately regretting that he chose dare. He could hear the other snickering and taking a video. "Shut up, all of you!" he yelled, his face bright red as he fixed it on himself. He felt silly, anyone would if they were him. He sighed, shaking his head. He chose dare, so he would go all the way. "Ok fine, just hurry up."

"You look cute," Chen chuckled bringing out his phone and taking pictures for blackmail. This was obviously going to be important for furture purposes.

"It's pretty, you don't look half bad," Tao nodded his head trying to hide the laughter in his face. Chanyeol glared at them, wanting to hide his face. He knew he looked bad, they all did. 

Suho laughed and took the picture. Chanyeol stood there, shirtless as he wore a lacey frilly bra. He nodded his head, clearly finished. "Alright dude, it is posted on your instagram. Don't worry, you'll get lots of likes for this," he snickered watching as Chanyeol threw the bra off and put his shirt on. 

Grumbling, he sat back in a circle and spun the bottle, feeling mortified. They all watched the bottle as it slowed to a stop and pointed to Lay. Xiumin observed every part of this game, he couldn't understand why this was entertaining to them but he didn't question it. He just continued to watch as Lay stiffened. "Truth," he said without any hesitation. 

"Oh I got one," Kyungsoo spoke out, Lay cringing at this. He hoped for Kyungsoo to not be the one asking, but he was unfortunate in this case. "So," Kyungsoo started, "are you and Kris like gay... for each other," he asked carefully seeing Lay widen his eyes and flush within seconds as Kris looked uncomfortable, coughing out the awkwardness. The others looked surprise by the question and even more by their reaction. Teasing started to erupt, Baekhyun nudging Lay who covered his face. "I was wondering because you two have this thing where a heart forms around you guys and butterflies start flying about and all this sparkly glitter get tossed around, that just wants to make me puke to be honest," he muttered the last part.

"We don't know yet, but we'll let you guys know," Kris anwered for him which got everyone all hyper from the answer. Lay just continued to get a deeper shade of red, just wanting to go into a hole. Kris laughed and spun the bottle for him seeing as how the other was not functioning at the moment. The game just got more interesting, Lay and Kris gotten to be the center of attention.

The bottle slowed to a stop and it landed on Xiumin. Xiumin stared at the bottle, not sure exactly what was going on. He was asked which would he rather pick and Xiumin just stared at them. "Truth," he replied after a moment. They sat there, not sure what to ask the pale boy since they barely know him and he doesn't talk much. They pondered, anything would be fine to ask, anything to get to know him better.

"What was the town you lived in before you moved here," Baekhyun asked staring straight at him. Quite frankly, they didn't expect him to say anything seeing how Xiumin makes him uncomfortable. Though for some reason, he looked as if he gained confidence and any trace of fear was no where to be found. Some stared at Baekhyun who sat there unmoving. Xiumin stared back at Baekhyun as well, clearly not expecting this at all. The air suddenly got tensed as Xiumin struggled in himself, to whether to tell them or not. He could feel eyes on himself, they were waiting for him to answer.

Pursing his lips, Xiumin sighed. "Incheon, I lived there before," he answered and everyone stared at him shocked. The air just got more awkward, the tension increasing. Goosebumps rose in Baekhyun's spine as he swallowed the lump in his throat, his eyes traveled to where Kyungsoo was and Kyungsoo looked right back at him, questions in their eyes. Sehun looked at him eyes wide, his wrist starting to burn a bit. The quiet room soon got to be frightening, no one dared to ask any further. 

"Ah lets keep going guys," Luhan laughed trying to get noise filled in room. He spun the bottle and watched it spin landing on Sehun after a while. "Truth or dare Sehun," Luhan asked shaking the boy out of a trance.

"Uh, dare," Sehun blurted out trying to get his mind off of things and trying to with hold the pain. He gripped onto his wrist tightly, wishing for it to go away.

"Dare huh," Luhans thought for a minute, "I dare you to get and jump in the pool!" He grinned, seeing the others grinning as well getting their phones ready. Xiumin looked up and stared at Sehun. He watched as Sehun got up and walked out the door, everyone else followed along including Xiumin. 

He watched as Sehun started to his sweater, a few others cheering him on. Pressing his lips into a straight line, he sighed again and walked up to Sehun, grabbing onto the injured wrist. Flinching, Sehun hissed as he turned his head and saw Xiumin standing there and shaking his head. There didn't have to be words, he understood by the looks in his eyes that it would not be good if he jumped in with his injury. 

Kai stared at them, confused. Something was going on and it was irritating him that the didn't know. He frowned, glaring at them as he opened his mouth to speak. But was cut off from Xiumin. "I'm sorry, I'll be going home now. Someone is here to pick me up, thank you for having me," Xiumin bowed his head, hand still attached to Sehun's arm.

Everyone looked at them weird, not knowing what was going on. Sehun pursed his lips, the pain growing immensely, "Yea, and I'll be going with him. It's been fun," he said as they both started to head in to walk to the front door, Kris escorting them out. Kai stared shocked, in fact everyone did. Kai felt a bit hurt by this, something was definitely going on but Sehun didn't want to tell him. Was he not trust worthy?

"What the just happened," Kyungsoo asked as Baekhyun stared over at Kai, his expression looked hurt.

 

Xiumin and Sehun greeted Kris goodbye as they walked out and out of the gate. By the gate stood a black car and a guy standing by the car. "Yoochun," Xiumin said as the taller smiled and greeted him fixing Xiumin's hair. Sehun was a bit frightened, he didn't know what was going on. Yoochun looked at the boy and smiled, opening the door for them. Xiumin lead them both in and inside sat two other boys. They were both from last night, with the creature and Sehun noticed. His eyes widened at them, his body tensed as fear grew.

There was no mistake, they were the guys from last night. He didn't know what bothered him more, the pain or the fact that they were not normal. Donghae looked at the boy and sighed reaching into his pocket. The car started to drive off, rocking them a bit. Fishing out another vile filled with gold liquid, Donghae tossed it to Sehun who caught it clumsily. He stared at the liquid inside the vile, confusion written on his face.

"Drink that. The cut will go away," Donghae told him and Sehun nodded his head opening it quickly and drank it. At that moment, he didn't care, he just wanted the pain to go away. As he inhaled it, he looked at his wrist and it was gone, with the pain along with it. He sighed in relief, slumping back into the chair. 

Though the thought of last night still came to his mind. "Last night..." he started, "it was real wasn't it? That thing... you guys," he muttered looking back up at them. 

The car stopped and Eunhyuk glared at the boy, "You saw nothing yesterday. None of it was real, it was a nightmare. Tell a soul, and you'll be sorry." Eunhyuk told the other who looked scared. "This is your stop by the way."

Sehun blinked and opened the door, Xiumin greeting him farewell. He closed the door after getting out and the car slowly driving off. Sehun stood there in front of his house, not really knowing if this was all real. He sighed, ruffling his hair as he turned to head in his home until he realized something.

He didn't tell them where his house was located.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok im done!! 

ugh.. i have to fast... it ...