Chapter 14

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

uppdaattinnggg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Please, help me please," he begged trying to reach out for anyone, but they looked just looked at him in disgust, not getting too close to the boy. The stench was unbearable to others, causing a hinderance to them. Some watched in fear, some ingnored, but all did nothing to help the poor child. He quivered as he walked down the street, holding onto anything to keep him in balance. No one would dare go near him, his smell would drive people away, not to mention the dried blood across his legs. The boy shook as goosebumps rose in him, he finally managed to break through the window with his bare nails, climbing his way out as he fell down on hard concrete. He was finally free, and yet no one offered to help. "Please someone," he whimpered, the feeling of an outcast was immensly great, his eyes wet and glossy but seemed frozen in place.

"He seems pitiful," he sighed, leaning against the branch as they sat and watched the boy. The air was fairly cold, but it did not faze them. They dont particularly feel anything at times. Watching as the boy continue to cry for help, he leaned his head back glancing at the others. "Well? Shouldnt we go now and get this over with?" 

The other pursed his lips, the sight was unbearable, "This is heartbreaking. It's one of those jobs, I cant look. Poor guy, all he wants is some help. Why are humans these days so ignorant and rude. They are treating him like he is invisible or as if he doesnt exist. Has humanity gotten so cold that it forgot what its like to help others. Not wanting to be troubled, not wanting any nuisance, humanity has forgotten themselves and turned into some kind of monster," he complained. "They have become more greedy and selfish and wh-" a hand clasped over his mouth, a voice telling him to be quiet. Angered, he started to bicker with the other, hurting his arm in the process.

The tallest sighed ignoring the two. "What should we do," he asked as he turned his head to see the shorter walking further away from the scene. Surprised, he blinked a few times, "Xiumin...?"

Closing his eyes, Xiumin blocked out other sounds as he continued to walk. The images of the boy flashed in his mind. It's his job, the job needs to be done. "Not now..." he whispered to himself. "Not now."

 

Eunhyuk groaned as he tossed the rubix cube across the room. It was frustrating that he could not solve it. Screaming into the pillow, he started to mutter some words. Donghae looked up from his novel, giving a certain glare to the annoying one in his eyes. Seeing as the male started to toss around in his spot, Donghae grimaced as his patience was cut, "I'm going to ing beat you until you cant talk anymore," he threatened earning a insulting face from the other.

Focusing on his work, Yoochun typed away in his laptop, stopping momentarily to glance at the shorter. "It's been a week, shouldnt we go finish that job," he asked, causing the other two argument to stop. Donghae agreed, the boy's aura has gotten darker and the power he emits has gotten stronger.

"But.. he hasnt hurt anyone yet," Eunhyuk muttered. "He is still waiting, more likely hoping for someone to help him. I dont have the heart to go with you guys," he said turning his head in the other direction. He stuffed his face in the pillow, purposely ignoring the others.

"Even though, his bitterness grows. Who knows what would happen," Donghae closed his book, getting up from his seat. "We cant take the risk." Xiumin closed his eyes, but stood up nonetheless. It was his job, nothing should interfere. He started to head out and the other two follows him. "You coming," Donghae turned his head to Eunhyuk but got no response. Sighing, he shut the door closed as they walked out.

Finding the child wasnt hard, they could sense even from a far distance. As they drew near, sounds could be heard. Xiumin stopped as more than one voices were heard. "Please. no stop," the boy cried out. Surrounding him were a group of guys who started to pick on him. Kicking him throughout his body, yet no blood seemed to shed. Thinking they could rob the boy but soon understood that he has nothing to be robbed of. Growing irritated, the leader of the group lead them out, leaving the boy there in pain. Sobs could be heard as the aura around him grew darker. "I didnt do anything wrong, what did I do to deserve this," his voice cracked, his fingers gripping his shoulder. 

Xiumin's eyes widened, his foot planted to the ground. He wouldnt move an inch, the sounds the other two were making didnt reach his ears. It needs to be done, thats the job. He could see a glimpse of the boy, he was curled up on the concrete floor. Vulnerable, weak, scared, angry, he felt many presense from that boy. It was familiar, all too familiar. 'I didnt do anything wrong!... No please... You have to help me! Mama...' Images flashed through Xiumin's mind. This was all too familiar. Turning on his heels, Xiumin walked the opposite direction, confusing the other two.

"Xiumin, wait but..." Donghae's words trailed off as he felt Yoochun's hand on his shoulder. Xiumin walked ahead, seeing a woman in her late twenties talking to herself. She was hysterical, screaming at anyone who came pass her. Stopping in his tracks, Xiumin watched as the lady walked by. "Must be some mental disability," Donghae said catching up to him. "There's been many cases of that recently."

 

Yoochun stared at his moniter sighing. "Ah, there has been another case of murder," Eunhyuk said looking at the tv screen. "This time it was in a school, a group of students were starting to kill each other. There has been a lot of that recently, people killing each other. A kid ate his entire family last week," Eunhyuk told the other. "What's gotten into this town, it's like everyone has gone insane."

Yoochun contintued to stare at the screen. "A month.." Xiumin refused to do his job, he couldnt eliminate the boy. That was obvious. That boy itself is dangerous, he drifted too far away from sanity.

 

Screams were heard, gun shots, sounds of chewing. The police alarm blared as helicopters covered the sky. They stared outside, red painted everywhere. People killing each other. A mass murder was right in front of their eyes. A town massacre. "Oh my god," Eunhyuk's eyes shot wide, the sight was hard to believe. 

"We need to find that kid and quick," Yoochun ordered, the others nodding their head as they dispersed. Xiumin stared at the sight, no indication of any emotion, witnessing many deaths in such a short amount of time. This was the result for ignoring his job. This was the consequences. 

He walked along the bloody path, passing a homeless beggar feeding itself a dog. He stopped somewhere in the park, deep within the bushes. There stood a creature, arms and legs extended as the skin seemed to be inside out. A face scarred, seemingly as the skin was melting. Eyes wide and with a hint of gold and red. He stared at Xiumin in the eyes. "Get away from me," it roared. "I am not a monster, everyone is wrong!"

"You died, as soon as you hit the concrete floor when you escaped from your window, your bones shattered and your heart stopped. Your body was too weak to support itself," Xiumin explained. "Your emotions was strong enough to bring you back."

"No," the creature screamed, his body letting out some sort of steam, his eyes glowing in anger. "I am alive. No one helped me, no one bothered to ask. Everyone treated me as a monster, everyone turned a blind eye," the veins in his body grew, as his pulse quickened.

"Your anger towards every person, has turned them insane. Your body is letting out a power that has turned everyone to kill one another. You are creating this massacre," Xiumin said, flashes flowing through his mind. 

"Everyone here should suffer, they should all die. Its not fair, it wasnt fair. No one helped," the creature shook in fury. "Mom has always told me I am a demon child, a monster. Is it my fault that it had come to this," the creature shouted, "Was I born a monster," the eyes of the creature shed as his fury risen. "Or was I created to be one?"

 

"So what happened at that town with the massacre," Baekhyun asked, the others staring at him in shock. Sometimes, they couldnt believe his actions. Luhans nudged the other, glaring at him. Obviously it was not the right time to be asking that. They were kind enough to walk them home, they certainly did not need anything that could set the two off.

Donghae sighed glaring at him, "You ing brat. Want me to shut you up," he threatened. Yoochun stopped him before he did anything to hurt the human. Sehun apologized for his friend's rudeness but Baekhyun wouldnt back down. He wanted to know, if he came this far then why not go all the way.He believed that they had the right to know. If they were being told to kept their mouth shut about this secret, then why not know the whole thing. 

Yoochun narrowed his eyes, a dark glare was seen. That sparked a fear among the humans and Baekhyun immediately shut his mouth. "There are dire consequences when we do not do our job. You dont need to know anything further than that," he said leading them home. Donghae chuckled, making sure the humans walked with him.

"Well said," Donghae smirked.

 

The girl shrieked as she held a pan in her hand. Though she dropped it as soon as the ropes tied around her body. Her eyes were fearful, shaking in fright. "Poor girl, you were right?" Eunhyuk questioned.

The girl stared in shock. She gripped the rope around her neck, tears falling. "Please," she pleaded, "let me go. Dont hurt me," she sobbed, trying to tug the ropes away from her. She looked over at Xiumin who stood there, his hand covered in dark smoke as an object formed into his hand.

Eunhyuk looked at the girl, eyes somewhat dark. Unusual from his normal look. "But Jin-ah," he started again. "You know you died," he finished getting a stiffened reaction from her. "You are a smart girl. It's unfortunate that no one helped. even though your voice could be heard. Humans are scary creatures arent they. They turned a blind eye even to a girl in need of help. Guess they were too afraid."

The girl bit her lips, her eyes shutting closed as she sobbed. "I cried, I shouted, no one came," her breath became erratic. "Why wouldnt they help me," her shoulders shook as she cried her heart out. "They did things to my body, horrible things. They did it till I passed out, and left me there. It took me a week to find out that I had died somewhere along the process of it."

Xiumin stared at her, a blind eye indeed. "You are carrying a dead child in you," he told her catching Eunhyuk by surprise. The girl cried harder, holding her stomach with her hand.

"It died before I even knew," she whispered. "Please..spare me, I did no harm," she hiccupped, her lips pressing against each other. Eunhyuk looked Xiumin in worry.

"I neglected my job that time. The child," Xiumin uttered, "the child was a reflection in my eyes. I couldnt do my job and in the end I faced the consequences. Everyone suffered because of that action. I witnessed the mistake I had done." Xiumin walked closer the girl, eyes staring straight at her, his face showing no expression. "I will not let that happen again. I wont let my emotions over take me again. I wont let them face the consequences and suffer because of my actions, I wont make that mistake again," his eyes grew dark, arm raising to point the gun straight at her. The girls shook her head, begging him to realease her. "I give no mercy. I am sentencing you," he spoke, voice sharp and blunt, "to hell." The shot was triggered, and the girl in front of them dissappeared in sight. 

 

The creature shrieked and struggled to be free as chains were tied around him. They came in time before he could do any damage. Xiumin aimed the gun towards, staring at the dull gold and red eyes. "I am sorry. Because of what I didnt do, it has lead us to this situation. I wont let anyone become of what I had once been. I am sorry, I couldnt save you before you had crossed too far into insanity." The creature screamed louder, all senses gone at this point. "For the pain and suffering you had caused, inflicting death and harming the balance of this world, I am sentencing you to hell," with the pull of his finger, a shot was heard throughout the air. 

Eunhyuk stared at Xiumin, the silence in the air was too much for him. Yoochun looked over, the mass of blood and dead bodies everywhere started to rot, giving off a foul smell. "We should leave this town." Looking at Xiumin who stood there, staring at the spot.

"Are monsters born, or are they created by our surroundings."

 

He held the shirt up, it was all clean as if nothing had been on it from the start. He smirked, the senses in him rose. He was feeling excited. "Let the games begin."

---------------------------------------------------

done lol xD forgot this part