Chapter 3

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

i got the couples! haha! i feel more accomplished now~

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School ended, but the talk of Inyeon still lingered around. Whispers were hushed but panic started to rise amongst the group of girls that were always with Inyeon. "Where could she be? She's not in the nurse's office and she didn't go home. They can't find her," one girl sobbed into the palms of her hands. The soft sniffling noise could be heard around the room as it grew quiet. No one dared to say anything as a couple of other girls tried to calm the sobbing girl down. Everyone was perplexed by the situation, fear starting to spread around as if it were some contagious disease. "Where could she be," her voice erratic as her breathing became shorter every second.

Xiumin stood up from his seat, all his books and utensils packed already, his bag slung on both his shoulders, and he walked right out the door leaving without looking back. People just stared as he left, suddenly feeling the awkwardness seep in. Baekhyun stared after him, shaking his head in disbelief. "Did you see that? What the , no reaction at all? Inyeon is practically missing and he doesn't seem to care when she was the first one who talked to him! Insensitive jerk," sneering into direction as he slung his backpack over his shoulder.

Lay looked at the shorter with a look of disbelief, "Why do you dislike him so much? What did he do?" he asked walking out the door with the other following suit. He wouldn't deny that the shorter was getting him a bit mad. "So what if he didn't react? He barely knows her," he continued, fishing out some pocket change to get a drink from the vending machine. Slipping the coins in, the metal clinking sound vibrating from the coin slot as each coin slid down the tube, he pressed a button to choose his selection, watching it fall from the metal spring.

He bent down, reaching his hand in the opening, grabbing his drink. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "I don't do weird people. I just can't get over the fact that he's so eerie... I feel like he's watching our every move. He gives me goosebumps! And don't you find it weird that Inyeon's gone missing after she hung out with him for a bit?"

Lay turned sharply to look at Baekhyun. He glared at the shorter. "I am going to punch you very soon if you keep talking like that. You don't even know him. Sure he's a bit weird... but we all are. Can't you just up your ignorance and deal with it? If he hasn't done anything to you personally, then there is no reason you should dislike him." Turning around, he walked away heading off in the direction of his club. "And Inyeon's disappearance has nothing to do with him."

Baekhyun pursed his lips, now feeling somewhat terrible for talking like that. Sighing, he decided to bite back his last words and follow the other to the club.

 

As they both walked inside, they took off their shoes. "I'm home!" Donghae shouted. The sudden sounds of footsteps were heard as one of the three ran to greet them.

"You're home! Finally! I was so bored," he grinned hugging them both very tightly. His head nuzzling against their shoulder blade. Donghae groaned, scrunching his nose as he tried to pry the other off, shoving him away. "Ow that hurt!" he complained not letting go of the hug. 

"Eunhyuk seriously get off me!" Donghae gritted his teeth trying to push the taller away. But Eunhyuk was stubborn not to mention persistent as well. "Yoochun! Please, tell him to get off of us! It's too hot for this and I'm ing sweating!" Donghae shouted getting irritated by the second. He just got home, tired and yet he had to deal with this.

The tallest out of the three walked by, pulling Eunhyuk off of them with ease. The one in Yoochun's grasp struggled to get free trying to pry his arm off. "Welcome home. You two must be tired, I didn't expect for you two to handle a couple of them so quickly. I made food," he said watching as Donghae thanked him walking off to his room. He looked over at Xiumin who still stood there by the doorstep. "Are you alright?" He asked stil hearing Eunhyuk complain in the background.

Xiumin looked up at them both, staring for a moment. The silence was comfortable, they were all use to it. "I'm home," he spoke, walking off to his own room as well. Yoochun looked back at him and smiled, walking back to the living room, dragging Eunhyuk with him.

"Can I go to school please? Please Yoochun please! I'm bored staying at home, and I want to make friends too," he continued to whine. Yoochun sighed, stuffing a shrimp Eunhyuk's mouth, telling the shorter that he will think about it. This news excited Eunhyuk as he cheered, chewing on the piece of shrimp in his mouth.

Xiumin walked in his room, slipping his bag off his shoulder and placing it on the ground by the table. He took a few steps forward, standing infront of two slidng doors which anyone would deem it as a closet. Fingers gently touching the surface of the door, putting slight pressure to slide the door open. On the other side of the door, stood what anyone would call a backyard. The scenery was peacful, thousands of lilies spread across the field. A willow tree stood, not far from the pond which was spread widely enough. Steam vanished in the air as the pond looked seemingly like a spa, keeping it heated at a certain temperature. The sky was the color of a flaming ember, giving of a unnatural feeling to the place. Walking in, Xiumin closed the door, slowly taking off his clothes. This place relaxed him, cleared his mind from all reality. Walking down the steps of the porch, he grew closer to the pond. Going in, he slowly sat down, taking in all the heat as the water soothed his skin. This was his oasis.

He sighed, leaning back as he closed his eyes. He sat still going into deep thought as visions appeared in his mind. The flash of fire, scorching every piece of a solid it touched. Screaming echoed in the distance, the heat intensified as arms everywhere clinged to grasp anything in sight. The hollow shriek of agony, begging for help as faces contorted into an horrifying sight. Splatter of blood painted the creamy walls, limbs scattered around as the air burned with revenge. The gripping of the axe tightened, one by one, swinging against any living thing.

"Xiumin," a voice called out causing the latter jerk awake. 

He breathed heavily, cold sweat forming on his skin. He covered part of his face, waiting for himself to calm down. Sighing, he leaned back pressing his lips toegether, his hand sliding down from his face. "Eunhyuk.." he muttered, eyes gliding off to the side to look at the person beside him.

Eunhyuk smiled, laying on his stomach with a bowl of food, "You shouldn't do that, it gets you off gaurd and you don't notice other prescenses. Also careful not to let the doors to this place be open. Make sure you close it when you go back inside so it can be a closet again. It's kind of troublesome when I need to get in your closet but instead I find this place," he placed his chin on the back of his palms. He looked at Xiumin who only stared into space before closing his eyes again. "Are you ok Xiumin? Are you having those dreams again?" The one in the water didn't utter a word. "Yoochun made some shrimp puffs, they are really good. Try some!"

Xiumin opened his eyes again, his gaze directed towards the endless sky that never seems to stop bleeding. "Take the bowl away, you know I won't eat it." Eunhyuk nodded and started to eat the food himself, staying beside the other and talked about all kinds of things.

 

This day was no different. As soon as he walked in the classroom, voices quieted down as their eyes stared at the figure walking to his seat. Chatter still filled the room, the talk about Inyeon has become more popular. Voices whispering about the police looking for the missing girl, to which no lead was found. He sat quietly, carefully listening to the words that people were gossiping. Soon enough, the teacher walked in taking roll as the students quieted down and quickly went to their seat.

 

"Xiumin!" a voice called out to the boy. Closing his locker shut, he turned his head to the person who called his name. "Hey, remember me from yesterday? I'm Luhan." The pale boy only nodded in acknowledgment. "I was wondering, since it's a half day today, maybe you would like to join me and a couple of other people for lunch. It will be fun, and we could get to know each other," he smiled at the shorter who only stared at him.

Xiumin stood quiet, things running through his head. He visioned the events that would turn out if he joined them. After a couple of moments he nodded his head, "Alright." Luhan grinned as he lead the way to his groups who waited for him. The shorter boy looked around his surroundings, the sight all too familiar. They stopped once they got close enough to a group of boys who stood outside by the gate. Xiumin looked at them and noticed Baekhyun's look, which seemed to hold discomfort. The boy avoided eye contact with the shorter feeling goosebumps rise along his back. The rest of the boys were all familiar except one. They haven't met yet.

Luhan greeted them as he was approaching his friends, "Hey guys. I brought Xiumin along. You met these guys yesterday, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and this Kyungsoo. You Two haven't met yet. Kyungsoo, this is Xiumin. He's a bit quiet."

Kyungsoo smiled, reaching his hand out, "So you are the infamous Xiumin, the one with no sur name? I've been dying to meet you. You creep Baekhyun out apparently, I think we are going to get along nicely," he grinned as Baekhyun widened his eyes, causing it to twitch. Glaring at the back of Kyungsoo's head, he gave a little kick to the shin feeling highly uneasy at the moment. Kyungsoo jerked, hissing in pain as he shot the other a glare. "I'll choke you."

Xiumin watched their interactions, reminding him a bit of Donghae and Eunhyuk's relationship. Lifting his arm, he shook hands with Kyungsoo. They were firm, the looks of his muscle structure decieving to the eye, same as his personality. Xiumin looked back at Kyungsoo's eyes, trying to look for any other hidden qualities. "It's nice to meet you."

Kyungsoo smirked, wrapping his arms around his shoulder, "I like him. He's cute," he laughed. "Come on, let's head to the cafe, I'm starving." Everyone agreed as they started to head off. Baekhyun glared at the two, who seemed to got so friendly all of a sudden. He didn't know why, but after Kyungsoo statement, he felt as if he couldn't stay in the same room as Xiumin. Shaking his head, he threw the thoughts away, remembering Lay's words. He was right, there was no reason to dislike the smaller boy.

The walk to the cafe wasn't far. They entered the cafe, as Chanyeol picked a table for them to sit. Just moments later, a waiter came by passing them a menu. They each ordered their own food as Xiumin shook his head, telling the man he wasn't hungry. Chanyeol commented that he wasn't hungry yesterday either and that he should at least order something, but Xiumin merely shook his head denying the request. 

"So, you live around here?" Kyungsoo asked and Xiumin nodded his head. "With your family," another was recieved. "Why did you move?" he asked watching Xiumin as he stared at him. That question seem to make Xiumin tense, his lips trying to move but wouldn't budge. Kyungsoo nodded, seeing this a personal question, "It's alright, you don't have to answer." He brushed off the question, but the curiousity lingered in the air, the other three watching them talk, wanting to know as well. "So, I heard Inyeon went missing in your class and the assistant principle too." That topic got everyone in the table talking, wondering why these mysterious dissappearance happened. 

Xiumin only listened and watched as they chatted away. The chatter only seased for a moment as the waiter came back with their food. The guys did not waste a moment before scarfing the food down. Luhan looked over asking Xiumin if he was sure that he wasn't hungry, offering to pay for his meal. "I'm fine, thank you." Xiumin answered getting up. "Please excuse me for a moment," he spoke walking to the back, in the direction of the bathroom. Passing the restroom, he continued to walk down the hall, coming across a rusty door. Opening it, he walked inside in what seemed like a storage room. In the middle of the room, the waiter was in the air, ropes that appeared from thin air tied around him tightly and firmly. "Yoochun," Xiumin turned his head to the man who was leaning against the wall on the other side of the room.

"There are body parts scattered around the room. He's been feeding on his customers for years now." Yoochun looked up at the man who struggled to get free glaring at everything in sight, screaming to be freed. "He knows he's dead."

Xiumin nodded, the smoke like aura formed around his arm, his fingers grasping on the gun that appeared. He raised his head, fingers on the trigger as he lifted his gun. "For the sin you have caused, inflicting harm on others, I am sentencing you to hell." Pulling on the trigger, a loud sound echoed in the air, a hole pierced in the man's chest and in moments, the waiter dissappeared. 

Yoochun sighed, his hair back, "Thankfully no one can hear the sound of a gunshot." He walked towards Xiumin and fixed his hair. "I'll see you at home ok?" Xiumin nodded his head and turned to walk out the room, heading back.

"Does he eat anything," Chanyeol questioned finishing his burger. "I have never seen him eat before."

"I'm not the only who finds him weird right?" Baekhyun asked looking at the others. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders, saying he likes weird people. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "You like anyone who I don't find comfortable with."

Luhan sighed, shaking his head, "Baekhyun, you barely even know the kid. Don't judge," he stopped as he saw Xiumin walking back towards them. Smiling he spoke, "Welcome back," he took another bite of his food.

Kyungsoo leaned forward, his voice becoming a whisper, "You guys hear the news about Icheon?"

"The town that had a mass masscre for unknown reasons not too long ago and that has been the talk in almost all of Korea," Chanyeol asked sarcastically, earning a punch on the shoulder. Chuckling, he rolled his eyes, "Yea of course we know about it."

The mention of that caused Xiumin to tense, eyes glued to the table. Kyungsoo scoffed, ignoring the taller, "Well did you know about the recent interview of a boy who lived there?" That got the other's interested and leaned in more, curious. Xiumin stayed still, thoughts flowing through his head, his head started to pound. "Apparently, the boy said the cause of the masscre was due to this other boy. He saw this boy summoning a demon from the ground trying to get the demon to kill everyone." Xiumin listened carefully, his breathing got heavier, his fingers gripping onto his pants. "He said this boy who summoned the demon was not normal. Everything about that boy wasn't normal, and he had a strange aura around him. Something bad always happened around the boy. He called him Hell Boy."

Xiumin stood up abruptly, catching their attention. Grabbing his bag, he flung it around his shoulder and started to walk to the exit. "X-Xiumin? Where are you going?" Luhan called out, everyone in the table looking bewildered at the sudden action. 

"Home," was all Xiumin said before he opened the door and walked out. Leaving the table with a sudden silence, that filled the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

next chapter up! ok well i hope you enjoy!

thanks!