Chapter 11

Lies Between the Faded Carved Scars

I am seriously about to give up on the poster....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The girl glared harder gripping the boy's shoulder who looked horrified and terribly scared, "Lies! It's not fair how you can live but I can't!" She screamed at the Xiumin who stood in his place, watching as the boy quaked beneath his limbs. He could feel the stares he was recieving but he would not leave his eyes from the girl. 

"This is messed up," Baekhyun whispered shaking his head as he took a step backwards. "I will go get help, you guys stay here," he warned only to feel a hand on his shoulder gripping it firmly. Seeing as how it was Sehun's hands he shook it off, "No. You will not stop me this time, I don't give a of what you say." He turned around only to collide into something firm but soft. Groaning, he rubbed his nose to see someone else standing there.

He placed his arms outwards smiling, "Woah there. We can't have you spilling anything now can we," he spoke leaning towards him. "Now, why don't you just stand there like a good boy and maybe we won't have to hurt you. And it looks like your friend is hurt pretty bad, so I suggest you stay put and not prolong this any longer." 

"Hm, he's right," another voice spoke the little boy jerking forward only to see some guy behind him and the girl above being wrapped in some typeof rope, her eyes widened with anger while was covered. The boy shouted only to be held back by another guy teleporting him to the other side. "Sorry we took so long Xiumin," his eyes softened pursing his lips.

"No matter," Xiumin spoke to Eunhyuk who held the girl hostage. "You guys came, now I can finish this job," he looked over at Yoochun who held the crying boy begging. Appearing right before the girl, Xiumin's eyes bore into her, the gun pointed to her head. "For the sin you have commited, causing harm and destruction to others, I am sentencing you to hell," pulling the trigger the girl shrieked as she dissappeared into thin air. "Grab them all, we are bringing them with us."

Donghae nodded, "Sure thing. We need to patch this guy up quick," he motioned his head towards the guy sitting by the tree looking awestruct. Kai looked frightened by this as he reached for Sehun's hand who in return tightened the grip. Donghae told them all to follow him, as they lead them all back home. 

Xiumin glanced at the boy whose shoulders shook violently as he sobbed into Yoochun's shirt which the latter used his hand to rub his back. The amount of pain and sorrow the boy felt, it struck him as he couldn't even stand by himself. It was too much for the boy. In the corner of his eye, he can see Eunhyuk carrying Luhan on his back as he walked with the group. Walking closer to the boy, Xiumin looked at him.

"It was better to let her go. She would have fed on you, and you know it too," he spoke, voice blunt and sharp, no indication of any emotion but the boy felt it, he knew it was there. "Yoochun will bring you home, and he will give you a choice on whether to forget or keep things as it is." He looked over at the taller and nodded his head walking around in the direction of the others.

 

"What the hell is going on, you better start explaining!" Baekhyun demanded, fear crawling all over his body. His eyes averted from Donghae to Eunhyuk who was carrying a panting Luhan. He gritted his teeth as he halted in his spot, usually he would have run up to his friend but he couldn't deny that he was scared out of his mind. Something in his body wouldn't move a muscle, as if some cold stone ice stiffened his bone.

Eunhyuk put Luhan down, laying him on the couch. As Donghae passed him some kind of first aid kit, Eunhyuk tore of the shirt that Luhan was wearing, opening thr box and got out what looks like some sanitized wipes. Donghae turned to the other three, his eyes bore into them as neither of them dared to say anything; frozen by his intense gaze. His lips quirked up into a smirk as Donghae chuckled walking over to the closet to fetch a few other things.

"You.." Kai cleared his throat, trying to shove the nervousness away, keeping Sehun behind him as some sort of protection. "You aren't going to hurt us right?" He asked as none of them answered. Baekhyun glared harder as he opened his mouth to retort back at their ignorant silenced but couldn't get a word in as their attention turned towards the door. A second later, Xiumin walked in, going over to the couch to see the patching Eunhyuk was providing to Luhan.

"You... you killed that girl," Baekhyun started, stepping a few inches back. Sehun glanced at his friend, trying to get him to shut his mouth but he was too scared to speak. "What did you-" he flinched, eyes widening as his teeth gritted together. He felt something grasp the top of his head and he flinched even more feeling something near his neck. He could see his friends straing in pure fright.

"Shut up," Donghae spoke, his tone of voice a few octave lower. Frankly this kid was annoying him to the bitter end, and his end already began several years ago. That kept the shorter's mouth shut, as he walked to Eunhyuk helping him with the injured boy.

Xiumin picked up a vile of orange liquid, watching it move in its glass. "I killed no one. She already died, I just simple eliminated of what was suppose to be gone," he held the vile under his finger tips looking over at Eunhyuk who concentrated on wiping the blood. "He is a human, be careful. The poison will still linger through its course for now." Placing the vile down, he his hair out of his face as he scanned the place. 

Sehun rubbed his wrist, every moment of that event flashed back in his mind. "Human? Are you guys actually dead.. or.." he muttered, pressing his lips together. The whole atmosphere seemed to grow gloomier as it got intense to actually speak. The silence was so strong, even in that short moment that it was impossible for any of the humans to actually talk. 

"Yea, we all are dead, we passed long before," Eunhyuk answered looking at Sehun who stiffened at the gaze. "Go ahead. You have been aching to tell them right, of what happened before." Even though he uttered those words, his eyes seemed to send a different message. Only getting a nod from Donghae, did he feel safe enough to speak.

"The thing.. I couldn't tell you before was.." he breathed slowly feeling the eyes on him. "There was this thing, somethign similar to the girl we saw.. he attacked me and this other girl. The thing managed to cut my wrist," he spoke holding it tighter, "and I asked Xiumin to help make it go away. I was told not to say anything.." He could see Kai look at him in worry, grabbing his wrist to inspect it. It all made sense now. "I don't think they are bad people.. they are just doing this to protect the people living here."

Baekhyun pursed his lips shaking his head in denial. He didn't want to give in to any of this. This whole freak show was giving him more reasons to get help. He looked oer at Luhan who seemed to have gotten the right shade of his skin tone back, his eyes cracking open a bit as he groaned in pain. "No. I.. I don't believe any of this bull.. You guys need mental help."

A voice chuckled as they turned to look at the new person that just appeared. "You are pretty stubborn aren't you?" Yoochun stood near the kitchen door frame hands in his pockets. They all stared awestruct on how he managed to come out of no where. "It's not really a bad thing, but wasn't it you who said for people to open their eyes and look at what's reality. Or something along the lines." He walked over to the injured boy and scanned his body. "Make sure to apply anti-venom, it needs to be out of his system." Looking back over to the others he sighed, "Yes we are dead. But we aren't living with the living to harm any humans, we have a job to do and that's to get rid of any dead thing roaming on this earth. I'm sure you have seen what they are capable of, they are no longer humans but they do need to consume humans to survive. I hope you understand as well as I hope you will keep this to yourselves. It may take some time to bring it all in, any other questions?"

"Did you kill Chanyeol's baby niece," Baekhyun asked right out the bat. The other two looked at him incredulously. Even Baekhyun himself has no idea where he gets this boldness from. Eunhyuk looked away, hiding his face further in his hair dabbing the orange liquid in Luhan's wounds causing him to scream in pain at the burning sound. Donghae pursed his lips, as he busied himself with the injured boy. Yoochun simply stared back at the boy sighing inwardly as Luhan's screaming caught their attention.

Xiumin turned to face him walking towards him a bit. "I have told you, we don't kill. We only eliminate the ones who are already dead. That infant died as soon as she was born. We don't let any of them go, no matter what age they are." He watched as Baekhyun's eyes grew, anger and disgust filling his face. He watched and listened as Baekhyun yelled at him, all of them expecting him to do so. Xiumin only stared, his face emotionless as he showed no sign of expression. He walked closer to the boy who inched away from him in fear. "Do you despise me just because of the job I am told to do? You despise me because I rid of all the dead that roams around the earth, harming the living? Do you blame me for all the misfortune and pain in the world that connects it to my job? Despise me with all your heart, but you do not want to witness the event that would become if I ignored my job." Baekhyun wasn't able to say anything back, his words left him speechless. Xiumin turned around walking towards the stairs, "I would be upstairs if you need me. I need to rest."

"Wait," Yoochun called out. "Take him with you," he motioned over to Luhan, "he needs to heal." He looked at the boy who was panting softly, eyes looking around. No doubt he heard every word, but he was too tired to make any input in any of the conversation.

"Wait! Take him where," Kai asked, "aren't we going home?" He looked at them, trying to take all this in but it was too much for him. He was hoping they would let them all go home and not keep them here as some sort of hostage.

"No, you guys are going to stay here for the night. It's for your own safety, don't think we are kidnapping you or anything. You guys are pretty much useless for any kidnapping value, but for the sake of your lives just stay the night. Call your parents and say you are staying over your friend's house," Donghae grabbed the phone holding it over Luhan, "You too."

Xiumin stood there as watched them. He looked at Yoochun who nodded towards him. "I'll start dinner. Xiumin go up after dinner," Yoochun told him.

 

"This is exciting! This is the first time I had ever eaten with so many people in such a long time! It's kind of like a family dinner, I don't remember the last time I had one. This is too fun, don't you think so?" Eunhyuk asked rambling on about how the air feels so light and upbeat for once. He set the plates down in the living room, he didn't want to eat in the kitchen seeing as how Luhan would be excluded. Eunhyuk smiled helping to bring the food as he continued to talk away. "Don't you think-"

"Don't you ever shut up? It's like you don't have an off switch. Do you know how ing annoying you sound talking every single second," Donghae groaned rubbing his temple. Eunhyuk glared at Donghae retorting back as they got into a mini fight. Yoochun sighed shutting them both up. The humans looked at them kind of oddly, seeing them act like this for the first time.

They figured this was a usual thing. Kai whispered to Sehun nudging him about how they reminded him of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Snickering at that comparison, Sehun agreed. Eunhyuk bought a plate full of food over to Xiumin, placing it down beside him. Looking at the plate, his eyes glided over to the figure beside it. "Take it away. You know I won't eat it." Eunhyuk only smiled, he knew that. They don't need to eat seeing how they aren't alive and Xiumin chooses not to. Something about food, he just can't consume.

After eating, Xiumin walked upstairs, Donghae helping to bring Luhan up. Eunhyuk stretched his limbs looking over at the other three, "Alright, I will show you your rooms. You can choose to share or not I don't care. Follow me," he lead them upstairs. Sehun stared at Kai who glanced back. There was too many questions left unsaid. Too many answered unknown.

But they figured, they had enough for one night. Even Baekhyun seemed tired. Though tomorrow would be a new day, full of questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------

doooonnneee hahah orz

im starting college soon.. cry...