Chapter: 9

TO.GET.HER

Dk pulled his smart phone out and skimmed through his contact list for Jeonghan's name. He tapped Jeonghan's name and tapped the call button.

 

"Hey Jeonghan, can you talk to Hyunae right now? She's feeling down. It's a Kai situation thing again." DK looked behind him as Hyunae entered the bathroom to clean herself up alittle bit.

 

"What do you mean it’s a Kai thing?”

 

“Well, talk to her about it. I got detention in three minutes.”

 

“Why do you have detention?”

 

“The8 and Dino were copying off my homework and they got caught, so I got detention with them morons.” DK rubbed his forehead.

 

“I’ll be there after I throw away my lunch.”

 

“Better hurry, don’t want to have a detention schedule if I’m late to this one.”

 

“Alright, Alright.” Jeonghan flipped his hair as his shoulder held his phone to his ear while throwing away his food.

 

DK hung up. He turned and waited impatiently for Jeonghan to arrive. Hyunae came out of the bathroom and walked towards him. She still had watery eyes and couldn’t keep her mind off of what just happened. Of course DK was mad at what Kai did to her. Jeonghan came jogging as he turned the corner and saw them standing in the hallway.

 

“That was quick.” DK took a step towards Jeonghan.

 

Hyunae was staring at the ground not knowing what they were talking about.

 

“Gotta go now. See you later Hyunae.” DK ran down the hallway to the detention room.

 

Jeonghan walked closer to Hyunae and put his hand on her shoulder. “I just heard about what happened. Want to talk about it?”

 

She broke out of her staring mode. “It’s fine.”

 

Jeonghan wiped her tear that just fell down her cheek. “Come on just talk to me about it. I’m always here for you. What are best friends for?”

 

Jeonghan put his arm around her neck as she put one arm around behind his back and smiled. They walked down the hallway and up the stairs to an empty classroom. Jeonghan opened the door and she walked in. He closed the door and they sat on the floor.

 

“So, tell me about the Kai situation.” He said without any hesitations.

 

“Well, Minah found this keychain in her locker and she thought it was the missing pair to D.O.’s keychain. Baekhyun and Chen said hurtful things to Minah, I happened to argue with them and that’s where Baekhyun blurted out that I cheated on Kai. Kai walked away and I followed. We kind of had an argument and he pushed me onto the ground.” Hyunae took a deep breath. “And DK found me crying.”

 

“Ah. Things happen. Maybe Kai just won’t accept the truth or something that’s why he went off at you like that.”

 

Hyunae sniffed and shrugged her shoulders. “I’m not gonna even give a anymore.” She laid down and slept on his thighs.

 

“What happened to DK?” Hyunae asked confusingly.

 

“He has detention.” He scratched his head.

 

“Why?” Hyunae got up quickly.

 

“The8 and Dino got caught copying his homework.”

 

Hyunae let out a giggle. “Seriously? I haven’t copied anyone’s since primary school.”

 

“I have never in my life ever copied anyone.”

 

“Of course Jeonghan. You got the independent life.”

 

He chuckled.

 

Hyunae moved and sat in front of Jeonghan face to face. “I feel safe around DK everytime I’m with him. Do you think that’s weird?”

 

“Yea-No. No No! Not at all.” He shook his head.

 

“He’s such a nice guy. Sweet, caring, handsome, funny. Almost like my type.” Hyunae smiled.

 

As they talked Hyunae and Jeonghan fell to the floor just laying there talking about DK. The goods and bads about him. Although there wasn't much of any bad about him.

 

***

 

Kai walked back to his table with both of his hands in his pockets. Everyone stared. All of his friends stared at him as he made his way back to grab his backpack. They thought he left and he wouldn’t come back, but of course he forgot his backpack.

 

"Kai where have you been?" Chanyeol wiped his mouth with his napkin.

 

"You don't look happy." Suho cleaned his glasses.

 

"You didn't get the nudes you wanted huh?" Sehun laughed and high fived Baekhyun.

 

"Guys, give Kai a break." Tao interrupted.

 

"Oh my god. Kai are those teary eyes I see?" Chen broke out still chewing his food.

 

"You cried?" Kris pulled kai's shoulder to see his face.

 

Kai ed his shoulder away from Kris’ hand. "If you guys still want to be my friend, Shut. It."

 

Kai walked off as he threw his backpack onto his back.

 

"Sometimes y’all need to lay back." Luhan threw his lunch away and walked towards the hallway.

 

Xiumin followed Luhan since they had class together next period.

 

"You guys should apologize to Kai. You guys pissed him off enough." D.O. walked away.

 

The boys remaining at the table looked at each other and thought about apologizing to Kai.

 

"Maybe we should apologize to him. He's been stressed out lately." Kris stood up.

 

"If it makes him feel better." Baekhyun looked at Kris.

 

Lay looked over at Kris and them to see if Kai was still there. Apparently while he was staring at Sunmi Kai had already left.

 

“What are you staring at?” Sora wiped Lay’s mouth.

 

“Nothing. Just in a staring mode.” Lay blinked and looked at Sora with a smile.

 

“Seems like Kai and Hyunae had drama again.” Areum said as she stop scrolling on her phone and looked up.

 

“Kai’s been really stressed lately after Hyunae transferred in.” Lay put his arms on the table crossed.

 

“Hyunae didn’t come back. I’m worried something might have happened to her.” Minah tied her hair up.

 

“Chill out. DK ran after them. I’m sure he’s comforting her.” Lay took out his phone and looked at his text messages.

 

Wonwoo and his friends wondered where could DK have gone. They weren’t even done talking about what they were talking about.

 

“DK better come back cause I ain’t gonna have another meet up tomorrow.” Vernon rolled his eyes.

 

“Since when did you start rolling your eyes.” Dino raised one of his eyebrows up.

 

“Watch them get stuck.” S.Coups started laughing at his own joke.

 

“Anywho I’m gonna head to my class.” Seungkwan took his backpack and left.

 

“What’s wrong with everyone today?” Mingyu said as he put his head on the table.

 

“Yeah. It seems like everyone is in a bad mood. Even Kai and his friends are.” The8 twirled his earring around in his earring hole.

 

“Maybe the weather made everyone so gloomy.” Hoshi said while he practiced his jellyfish hand movement.

 

Woozi stood up and told them he was heading to class because he needed to finish some assignments. Everyone just decided to just leave since everyone was about to leave for class in ten minutes anyway.

 

***

 

The bell rang after lunch. Everyone walked to their class.

 

Jeonghan walked Hyunae to class. "See you later. Ignore Kai."

 

Hyunae smiled and walked in class awkwardly. The first person she looked at was Kai. He looked at her and she looked away quickly. He sat uncomfortably knowing what he did to her earlier. She walked to her seat next to Wonwoo.

 

“Hey Hyunae, where did you go? Is that a bruise on the back of your thigh?” Wonwoo pointed and looked at Kai who turned around to look.

 

“It’s nothing, I “fell” and there was a rock where I fell. Nothing to worry about. I went through much worse.” Hyunae said with a confident tone not caring about what Kai may think.

 

“Well then sit down.”

 

Hyunae sat down and put her backpack on the floor.

 

“I’m celebrating my birthday this weekend. Can you come?” Wonwoo asked.

 

“Um… I don’t know yet.”

 

“Please Hyunae. I’d love it if you came.”

 

“Okay. Fine, I will come.” She smiled.

 

“See you on saturday at twelve p.m.”

 

A couple of seats back sat Jokwon and Lim who sat down just looking at each other. Jokwon looked at her as if she was disgusting. She looked at him wondering why he did that face at her. Sehun walked in with spiked hair.

 

Jokwon stared at him. “Oh my god. Sehun’s hair it’s so charming on him.”

 

“If I had any chance to be with him. I’d be with him right now.” Lim cupped her hands together.

 

“You idiot. Who wants to be with a blonde like you.” Jokwon slapped her head. “Anyways, he’s bae.” He bit his lips and ran towards Sehun.

 

Sehun stopped immediately before he bumped into Jokwon. He blinked so many times at Jokwon wondering why he block his way. Sehun walked to the right and Jokwon moved to the right. Sehun moved to the left and right. Jokwon followed his steps just staring into Sehun’s eyes. He couldn’t bring himself to reality, all he thought about was how charming Sehun was.

 

“Hi Sehun!” Jokwon leaned back to back onto the counter with his arms on the counter.

 

“Hi?” Sehun thought this was weird.

 

“I like your hair Sehun.” Jokwon tried twirled his short hair and stop because he notice that his hair wasn’t long enough.

 

“Okay class please sit down.” The teacher commanded.

 

Jokwon pulled Sehun’s seat out and smiled then walked away. Sehun found it weird and sat down in his chair.

 

***

 

Hyunae saw DK walk down the hallway after school and she ran to catch up with him. “DK!”

 

DK turned around to see who it was. He was happy to see her and smiled.

 

“I just want to thank you for earlier. I really appreciate it, but next time don’t get detention.” Hyunae smiled

 

DK held onto her two hands. “Don’t worry. I want to be there for you every time you need someone. Especially when Jeonghan can’t be there for you. About the detention, don’t worry it won’t happen next time.”

 

DK leaned forward to kiss her forehead as if in slow motion

 

Hyunae was surprised. She didn’t think DK would ever do this. Her heart raced fast. Her body heated up.

 

“I’ll walk you home?” DK smiled.


“What are you waiting for?” Hyunae grabbed his hand and ran out the front doors that led to the staffs parking lot.