Chapter: 7

TO.GET.HER

Minah came over to Hyunae’s house to take her to school. Sora originally would take her to school, but she went on a trip to Japan for a volunteering job. She made coffee for herself in the kitchen.

 

“Minah can you give Dk his coat? Hyunae walked down the stairs and handed her the coat.

 

“Sure. Where are you going?” Minah asked.

 

“Gonna go with Jeonghan to go grab breakfast. Can’t ride with you today.”

 

“You could’ve told me before hand.” Minah drank her coffee.

 

“Where were you and Areum yesterday? Left me alone with no best friends around.”

 

“We had to volunteer at someplace. Well see you at school.” Minah grabbed her coffee and Dk’s coat. She headed out the door.

 

“Sorry, I’ll see you later.” Hyunae waved as she closed the door.

 

Minah drove to school and parked in the student parking lot. She walked into the front gates and looked for DK. As she turned to the corner DK and his friends were chilling at their table. She walked towards them as they looked at her.

 

“Hyunae wanted me to return your coat.” Minah handed it to him.

 

“Thanks.” DK thanked her as he took the coat.

 

She smiled and walked away.

 

“DK you and Hyunae…” S.coups sat down next to him waiting for him to reply.

 

“What did you guys do?” The8 was curious.

 

“Bet you just bragged about yourself.” Vernon talked with a cocky tone.

 

“Is that why your nose was bleeding yesterday? Did you get to see some nudes?” Dino joked around.

 

Mingyu slapped Dino’s head. “Are you retarded? You nasty little dinosaur.”

 

“You don’t know, he might saw too much and his nose just busted bleeding.” Dino rubbed his head.

 

“That can be true.” Mingyu rubbed his chin.

 

“Can ya’ll not. We just hung out. She happened to pinch my nose and it bled.” DK threw the jacket at Jun. “Give it to Jeonghan. It belongs to him.”

 

Areum and Tao sat in the classroom watching anime on her phone. They love watching anime together. Tao slept on her shoulder like a baby. She smiled and put her head on his.. Suho looked up from his reading and turned around to see what Areum was doing. He saw Tao and Areum sleeping on each other. He didn't know why he felt weird seeing them together.

 

"Areum, can you come over here and help me?" Suho looked at Tao then Areum.

 

Areum stood up forgetting that Tao was sleeping on her shoulder. He fell to the side and awoke with a flinch.

 

“Where you going Areum?” Tao whined and did a puppy face at her as he held her hand.

 

“I’m going to help Suho, I’ll be back, promise.” She smiled and patted his head.

 

Tao put his head on his desk to take a nap.

 

She walked to where Suho sat. “What’s up?”

 

“Uh… Can-can you help me with his word?” Suho pointed at a random word from the page he didn’t even read from yet. He had to makeup an excuse just so she could get away from Tao.

 

Areum took his book and turned it around so she could read it. She looked at the word and said it without any hesitations. “Sesquipedalian.”

 

Suho frowned because he didn’t actually know the word. “Sus-qui-bu-di-lian.”

 

“No, it’s ses-qui-pe-da-lian” She looked at him weird because usually he would know all kinds of words.

 

“Meaning?”

 

“One who uses big words.”

 

“Ah… Thanks.” Suho didn’t know what else to say.

 

“No problem.”

 

Suho grabbed Areum’s hand before she could take another step. She turned around to look at him then his hand holding hers.

 

“um… uh…”

“Um uh…?” She repeated after him waiting to know what he was going to say.

 

“I was wondering if you can help me go find anime books by Kim Dambi. Like-like after school.”

 

“You don’t like anime Suho?”

 

“Well… It looks interesting, so I just wanted to give them a shot.”

 

She laughs. “Ah. Okay. See you later then.” She walked back to her seat.

 

“You didn’t break your promise.” Tao said holding onto her arm and pulled her to sit down with him to continue the anime they were watching.

 

The bell rang and everyone sat down. Minah and Sora entered the class.

 

“Why are you guys late?” The teacher questioned.

 

“We had to help the principal with stuff.” Sora replied.

 

“Go sit down.”

 

Sora and Minah saw Hyunae and Kai sitting together and knew there would be issues between them.

 

“Seriously?” Sora mouthed to Hyunae.

 

Hyunae nodded with both her eyebrows rose up. Minah down next to her boy best friend D.O. Sora kissed her boyfriend, Lay, on the cheek and sat down next to him.

 

Lay’s phone vibrated and had a text from Sunmi.

 

Sunmi’s text said. “Where do you want to meet up today?”

 

“Meet me at the back of the school.” Lay texted her back.

 

“Who you texting babe?” Minah questioned.

 

“Oh, my mom texted me that she needed me to do some important stuff with her after school, so I can’t hangout later. I’ll be all yours tomorrow.” Lay lied to Sora as he kissed her on the cheek.

 

Sunmi heard what Lay said and turned away jealously.

 

Suho stood up and pulled Areum’s to the front of the class with him. “Today we are going to do a project and you will need a partner.”

 

“It requires teamwork. You will choose a paper with a name on it from this bucket. Then you will choose another paper that will have instructions to what your project maybe.” Areum showed the class the buckets.

 

“Kai, come up here and pick your paper with a name on it.” Suho gestured him to come up.

 

He got up and quickly grabbed a paper.

 

“Kai please tell us who your partner is.” Suho looked at him.

 

He opened his paper and looked at Hyunae.

 

“Kai who do you have?” Suho repeated.

 

“Hyunae.” Kai sat back down.

 

Hyunae was shocked. She couldn’t believe it. Areum walked up to Hyunae so she can grab the paper of instructions. She chose the paper and opened it up.

 

“Please keep this to yourselves. Some will be acting skits out and some will create things.”

 

Hyunae couldn’t believed what was on the paper.

 

“What’s on the paper?” Kai said looking straight ahead.

 

“Uhhh… Act out the scene of Romeo and Juliet.” Hyunae swallowed hard and continued to read.

 

“Oh my ing god.” Kai didn’t have choice but to act it out and he couldn’t fail this class. He had failed too many classes to pass highschool. He couldn’t be a super senior like Kris.

 

Areum and Suho gave them more instructions and told the class that if they had any question please ask them.

 

Hyunae looked at Kai. “So we gotta act this out and-
 

“I know we do.” Kai interrupted.

 

“Well, we need to meet up somewhere to act this out.”

 

He looked at her as soon as she said that.

 

“Don’t look at me like that.” Kai’s stare freaked her out.

 

Kai moved closer to her face about four inches apart. “What’s wrong with my face?”

 

The bell rang.

 

“Meet me in the performing arts room after school.” Kai moved his body back and headed out the door with his backpack.

 

DK walked to Hyunae and rubbed her nose. “Hello.”

 

She smiled. “Hey DK.”

 

“Food later?”

 

“Uh, can’t gotta do my project with Kai after school in the performing arts room.”

 

“I’ll come by and drop some food off for you.”

 

“Okay, see you then.” She pinched his nose.

 

As soon as the bell rang Suho ran to Areum.

 

“I’ll drive us to the bookstore.” Suho put on his backpack.

 

Areum nodded her head as she smiled. They were on their way to the bookstore and had many conversations about things. They parked in the parking lot and got out of the car. He opened the door for them to enter.

 

“Kim Dambi’s books should be in that aisle.” She pointed.

 

They walked to the aisle and started looking for the books. Areum handed him the books and walked towards the next aisle. She grabbed a book from the shelf.

 

“You like those kind of books?”

 

“Yes. Son Junhyung is one of the best writers in town. I always wanted to get the whole collection, but too bad I can’t purchase all of the them right now. Well let’s get to the cashier.”

 

Suho looked at the book collection as they walked away.

 

Hyunae entered the performing arts room. Kai sat on the chair with his legs crossed onto the table. She pulled the chair from the side of the table and sat in front of Kai. She took out the paper of the project.

 

“Here I made a copy of the script for you to practice your part.” She handed it to him.

 

He took it and read it.

 

“Okay let me start.” She cleared . “O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet.”

 

Hyunae was comfortable with acting because she had classes that had to do with acting in Paris.

 

Kai spoke with a lazy voice. “I take thee at thy word: Call me but love-” Kai looked at it and he couldn’t say the next word it anymore. Love reminded him about how Hyunae and him used to be lovers.. “Ain’t   doing this no more.”

 

“If you fail, you fail me too, Kai. Leave whatever in the past.”

 

“and I'll be new baptized; Henceforth I never will be Romeo.” Kai mumbled.

 

“Can you at least try harder?”

 

“OKAY!” Kai raised his voice and continued. “...how silver-sweet sound lovers'” He stopped as soon as someone walked in. Kai looked hard at the door to see who it was.

 

“Hyunae?” DK peeked his head into the room.

 

“Here.” She replied.

 

Kai was wondering what he was doing here.

 

“Oh, hey Kai.” DK walked towards Kai to shake his hand while holding food on his other hand.

 

“Hi.” Kai shook his hand.

 

DK put the food on the table next to the door. “Did you want some food Kai?”

 

“Nah, I’m good.” Kai responded.

 

Hyunae left Kai to DK. “What did you get me?” She asked DK.

 

“Your favorite China food.”

 

“Orange chicken?” Hyunae said with a cute tone. She pulled the chair out and sat next to DK.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Hyunae. I made you your favorite.” Kai held the bowl of food and walked to her at the table where she was studying. He was wearing a apron with Hyunae’s name on it following a heart with his name.

 

“Orange chicken?” Hyunae grabbed the bowl. “It is! You make the best Kai. You should open a Chinese Restaurant and be a chief there, so I can eat for free.” She kissed him on the check.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“Here eat this.” DK fed Hyunae the fried rice with peas and carrots. Hyuna opened and chewed.

 

“Stop feeding me. I can feed myself.” Hyunae hit DK’s head with the other side of her chopsticks and giggled.

 

Kai stared hard at them feeling jealous. Hyunae glanced at him and caught him staring. He looked away quick. She felt bad because she didn’t mean to flirt with DK in front of him.

 

“Here eat your greens.” DK putted it on her bowl.

 

She looked away and continued eating with DK. Kai got up and gathered his things and took out the key to the performing arts room.

 

“After you guys are done flirting, lock the freakin room.” Kai threw the key and DK caught it.

 

“Leaving already?” DK asked.

 

Kai walked out the door jealoused.

 

“What’s wrong with him?” DK asked with his mouth full.

“I don’t even what’s his problem. Here eat this broccoli.”


Kai leaning on the wall outside the room listening to what Hyunae and DK were talking about. He couldn’t stand their flirtings and walked away.