Chapter: 11

TO.GET.HER

Woozi and D.O sat in the empty classroom, the room Jeonghan and Hyunae had their last talk about Kai. S.Coups, Jeonghan, Hoshi, Wonwoo, Woozi, DK, The8, Mingyu, Seungkwan, Vernon, and Dino stood in a straight line in front of them. Woozi and D.O were super scared of what would happen next. Woozi’s heart raced so fast that he sweated from head to toe. D.O was shaking, his legs shook so bad that he tried to hold his balance.

 

“Woozi, you know that we don’t get along with D.O’s friends.” S.Coups spoke with a mean tone.

 

Woozi stood there. He couldn’t look up nor look them in the eye. D.O gripped his hand so hard that his palms were full of sweat.

 

“Who cares if he hangs out with D.O. They probably been best friends before he knew us who knows.” Wonwoo crossed his arms waiting for the talk to be over.

 

“Then why didn’t he tell us that his 'best friend' was D.O.” Dino pointed at Woozi and D.O.

 

“Maybe he wasn’t ready.” Seungkwan said with an attitude.

 

“It was funny cause they were hiding behind card boards that were taller than them.” The8 made a joke and everyone didn’t laugh, but looked at him as if why was he making a joke at this moment.

 

“Guys, stop. Here’s the thing. They are best friends and we don’t want to drift them apart from each other. Think about it. It’s like drifting Hyunae and me apart being best friends.” Jeonghan explained.

 

“Agreed.” Mingyu spoke out and looked at Vernon.

 

“Woozi and D.O. It’s okay if you guys are friends.” Jeonghan patted D.O’s shoulder.

 

“Just let us know what your bothersome friends thoughts are.” Wonwoo walked towards the door.

 

“You're welcomed anytime.” Joshua smiled.

 

All the friends agreed to what Joshua said. They couldn’t just make Woozi cut D.O off just like that.

 

***

 

School ended and Kai walked over to Lay, who had next door to him. Lay looked over his shoulder and saw Kai catching up to him. He stopped to wait for Kai. They walked to their bench where they eat lunch. The school didn’t mind students staying after school. As long as they take care of the campus they were able to stay. Kai and Lay waited for the others to come. Some were early and some were late to their squad meeting.

 

“I’ve been thinking if we should pay Hyunae a visit.” Kai scratched his head.

 

There was an awkward silence. Everyone paused and stared at eachother then Kai. It was so shocking to hear Kai say something like that. It was out of the blue. They thought why would careless Kai ever pay Hyunae a visit after what he did.

 

“What?” Baekhyun stood up.

 

“Well now that I have been putting my thoughts together I have been mean to her. Like what if she is in a bad condition right now? What if she’s not doing well?” Kai spoke his thoughts out.

 

“I think you should bring her flowers and tell her “I am so sorry about what I did and-” Chen slapped Kris’ arm.

 

“Are you dumb? She probably hates Kai already. Wait? Didn’t she cheat on you? Why are you going to apologize if she cheated on you?” Chen put his backpack on the table.

 

“I lied.” Kai admitted.

 

“You what?” D.O dropped his phone onto the table.

 

“So all this time you lied to us that she cheated on you?” Suho stood up. He was upset with Kai.

 

“I had to. I didn’t want to talk about it and made a stupid lie.” Kai couldn’t lie anymore. “Basically she broke up with me because she didn’t know if she was going to come back from Paris at all. She didn’t want to keep me waiting. We got into an argument and then she left to Paris later that night.”

 

“Fricken' Kai.” Chanyeol let out a sigh as he patted Tao’s head who put his head on the table.

 

“I’m gonna go pay her a visit in a bit.” Kai got up and put his backpack on his back.

 

“We’re coming along too.” Luhan got up and gather his stuff.

 

“Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I missed Hyunae.” Baekhyun blurted out.

 

“Her body. Yes.” Her body was all Sehun could think about at this moment.

 

They all got up and followed Kai out the front gates. They divided their ways to the hospital. In Kai’s car he drove Chanyeol, Sehun, and Baekhyun. In Kris’ car he drove D.O, Xiumin, and Luhan. Lay drove Suho, Chen and Tao. They followed each other to the hospital. As they got to the hospital Suho asked for Hyunae’s room. The nurse gave them directions. They went into the elevator to the fourth floor. As they got out of the elevator the twelve boys found Hyunae’s room.

 

Kai opened the door while holding some ‘Get Well Soon’ flowers and they all walked in.

 

“What the are you guys doing here?” Vernon angrily walked over to Kai’s face.

 

“Those flowers better not be any death flowers.” Mingyu gave them a death stare.

 

“Bro. Chill.” S.Coups backed them up.

 

“We’re just paying Hyunae a visit.” D.O walked next to Kai. His friends looked at him with a surprised face. They never seen D.O ever walk up like a boss and say something to anyone. Of course Joshua and them always welcomed D.O like they said before.

 

“Hey, lets go out and let Kai and his friends have sometime with Hyunae.” Jeonghan said with respect.

 

“Hell to the ing no.” Vernon kept trippin about them paying her a visit.

 

“Bro. Chill. They ain’t gonna do .” Wonwoo dragged Vernon out the room as everyone followed out.

 

“We’ll be outside. You guys have all the time you guys need, but she’s taking a nap, so don’t make too much noise. She’ll be up in a few minutes.” Jeonghan’s hair was tied as he put his hands behind him professionally.

 

“Thanks. Jeonghan.” Kai thanked him. Jeonghan walked out the door and closed it.

 

Kai and his friends respected him a lot because he was very polite and respectful. Everything he does is always done neatly. And of course Jeonghan is mature about everything. They obviously liked Jeonghan more than the others.

 

 

Kai walked over to her, feeling bad about everything. What if he was the one who caused her this? What if she actually had an illness because of him? All these dumb thoughts ran in his head. Chanyeol stood next to Kai just looking at how beautifully she sleeps.

 

Kris sat on the chair cooly laying back and then the chair broke. He fell with a loud thump. “Man why the hell does dumb like this always happen.”

 

Everyone laughed.

 

“Cause you are stupid Hyung.” Baekhyun cracked up.

 

“You need to start losing some weight.” Chen pointed at him.

 

Everyone being loud woke Hyunae up. She moved her head a little and slowly opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes for a clearer view. She sat up and looked around the room. The boys didn’t look like DK and them. It was Kai and his friends.

 

“Where did they go?” Hyunae who just woke up couldn’t function her brain for a sec.

 

“See. I knew it. The first thing she would ask for is those lame fools.” Sehun fixed his beanie.

 

“They’re outside. Jeonghan let us have sometime with you, but obviously we woke you up.” Luhan felt sorry for them waking her up.

 

“Oh no, it’s okay. It’s about time I wake up.” Hyunae looked at the clock that was ticking on the wall.

 

Hyunae looked to the right and finally saw Kai. “Hey… Kai.” She said awkwardly.

 

Kai nodded his head once. “Hi, how are you feeling?”

 

“I feel… Great. Not too much to worry about.” She thought that keeping her sickness to herself would be a better idea.

 

“Well, we just wanted to apologize about you know being mean to you because we saw the problem a different way. Cause of someone.” Chen walked towards Hyunae. God Damn Chen is being quite nice right now LOL.

 

“I missed you Hyunae.” Baekhyun ran up to her and hugged her like a kid.

 

Everyone walked up to her and gave her a group hug while Kai stood out of the circle.

 

“Come on Kai. You’re the one who wanted to see Hyunae the most.” D.O grabbed Kai by the wrist.

 

Kai was pushed right next to Hyunae. He put his hand on her back, he had no choice but to hug her. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

 

“Guys give Noona some space.” Tao whined.

 

Everyone backed up and Tao was the one who was all over her.

 

“Tao. You need to give her some space.” Kai playful slapped his shoulder.

 

Tao backed up and made a pouty face.

 

“Are we all cool now? Everything back to how it used to be?” Xiumin asked.

 

“Ummmm…” Her reply worried them. “Yes it’s still the same as usual.”

 

“Except we’re not dating anymore. Just friends.” Kai broke out.

 

Hyunae turned to him and awkwardly said. “Yeah… Just friends.”

 

“Awhhh… Friends with benefits.” Baekhyun teased.

 

“Oh no.” She disapproved and laughed.

 

Everyone hit Baekhyun for saying such nonsense.

 

Everything went to a complete silence.

 

Lay coughed signaling that Kai had to do his part.

 

“Oh yeah. Bye Hyunae see you later.” Everyone gave her a hug and walked towards the door. Except Kai.

 

“Where are you guys going?” She was worried.

 

“Kai got some *coughs* stuff to talk about. Bye Bye.” Suho closed the door.

 

As they walked out the door. DK and his friends all mugged them as they came out while Woozi and D.O looked at eachother. (Poor Babies!!!! LOL!)

 

“What kind of stuff do you want to talk about?” Hyunae was curious.

 

“I just want to apologize. You know… for everything. The breakup before you left to Paris and me just being mean to you. That’s so selfish of me. I’m sorry about my actions towards you. I can’t believe I’m coming out with this, but I still have feelings towards you and of course seeing you with DK is a , but-” Kai poured out his heart.

 

“It’s okay, but everything won’t go back to how it used to be. The only person that I need right now is just DK.” Hyunae cut him off before the conversation got even more awkward.

 

“Right. He’s a great man. Perfect for you. Well here are some flowers.”

 

“You remembered my favorite flowers.” Flashbacks started hitting her mind. She started to have feelings for Kai all over again. Kai knew her better than anyone. He even knew her more than DK.

 

“Remember when you always wanted a flower garden and you said you always wanted to plant flowers just to brighten up my days.”

 

“Yeah I remember. It was a very warming moment.” Hyunae shed a tear. She missed all those times that they were so close.

 

“Sorry for bringing awful memories back.”

 

“No, it’s okay. Sometimes its good to remember the past.”

 

“I better get going.” Kai kissed her on the forehead and left.

 

Hyunae paused for a moment after Kai kissed her forehead.


“Am I falling for you again?” She thought to herself