Dinner Dates And First Kisses

Precious Moments

 

 

“Oh no, I'm gonna be late!” you panicked, rushing around the kitchen in search of your keys.
 

You were supposed to be meeting Taemin after his recording, the two of you hadn't spent much time together recently and he offered to take you out to dinner. Unfortunately, you had been stuck at work for longer than expected and hadn't gotten home until half an hour ago, only having just enough time to shower and get changed, deciding your hair would simply have to go without attention tonight.
 

You huffed out a sigh as you looked over yourself in the mirror. Ugh. Your hair was still slightly damp and frizzy from your shower, your dress was crinkled in more than one place and make-up did nothing to hide the dark circles under your eyes.
 

Shaking your head, you continued into the front hall, your keys in hand, and tried desperately to get your shoes on without tripping over. After much squeezing and hopping around on one foot, you were out the door and almost running towards your car.
 

 

“I'm so sorry I'm late! I really didn't mean to be, it's just there was a whole lot of stuff going on at work, and people were nagging at me left and right to do this and that and I just couldn't get out the door, and then my hair and my dress and just everything and I'm so so--”
 

You were cut off by an amused chuckle and hand on your shoulder.
“Yah, don't worry okay? You're not that late anyway” Taemin smiled, reaching down to take your hand. You blushed at the contact, still not quite used to it, even after the many months of your relationship. You cleared your throat quietly and looked up from your intwined hands, moving your eyes to the small smile which still tugged at his lips.
“Shall we go?” He asked, pulling at your hand and leading you down the side walk.
 

 

The lights really were beautiful at this time of night. The street lights, the flashing club signs, and the lights of the many restaurants and convenience stores that dotted the side walk, all bounced off each other and coloured the otherwise bland sidewalk. You looked up at the lights of the taller office buildings, feeling slightly sorry for the people who were still working at this hour. But as your eyes trailed back down to the lights that hung in shop windows, casting shadows outside, a smile tugged at your lips and you found yourself in complete awe at the beauty of it all.
 

“It's so gorgeous...It's like a whole new world when the sun goes down...” You mumble, more to yourself than Taemin, but he hears it and squeezes your hand, bringing your gaze back to him. He smiles and nods his head across the street, your eyes follow his movement and you spot an antique style French restaurant with a courtyard, filled with dainty white chairs and tables among the bushes of white roses.
“Oh my...” You stutter, bringing a shaking hand to your mouth. Taemin simply smiles, pulls you across the road and upon reaching the restaurant, holds open the door for you, ushering you inside.
 

The inside was just as gorgeous as you expected, if not more. The walls were covered in an elegant crème wallpaper and dotted with paintings and mirrors. A small table sat next to the door, supporting a vase of white roses which were tied with a pure white ribbon. The large chandelair which hung from the roof casted a glittering light show over the walls and each of the tables held a burning candle in their center. It really was too much and you swear you felt your eyes well up with tears and the sheer beauty of it all. You were brought out of your daze as Taemin placed a firm hand on your lower back and lead you towards and small glass door.
“Would you like to sit outside? It's a beautiful night” He asked, smiling. You simply nodded without a word and let him lead you into the courtyard, toward a small white table.
 

“It's...I can't...This has got to be ridiculously expensive, you shouldn't have..” You stutter, trying to form a coherant thought.
“But, I wanted to...I wanted to make you happy” Taemin says, a small pout finding it's way to his lips.
“Do you not like it? If you don't we can leave, I can take you somewhere else!” He panicks, eyes swimming with worry.
“No no! I-I love it!” You say assuringly, taking his hand in yours and giving it a small squeeze.
 

“I love it..” You repeat leaning against him and wrapping your arms shyly around his waist. You feel his strong arms around your shoulders and you smile into his chest, enjoying how warm it was.
 

“Good, I'm so glad” Taemin smiles, moving to pull out your chair for you as you sit down.
The two of you spend more than a few minutes looking over everything on the menu, struggling to choose because everything just sounded so good. Soon enough a waiter comes out and you make a quick decision, before handing him your menus and returning to staring at each other from across the table.

 

The two of you chatted about this and that, him asking about your day and work and you asking about his. The food came after much anticipation and it was well worth the wait. You giggled as Taemin managed to spill sauce all over his face and you reached across the table, wiping it off for him. After you had finished with you dessert, Taemin leaned back and rubbed his stomach with a lazy smile.
“That was so good” He grinned, leaning forward and taking your hand. You smiled back at him and ran your other hand over his knuckles and the back of his hand, marvelling at his smooth skin. Taemin let out a content sigh before you both decided it was getting late, and you should probably head home.
 

Taemin paid quickly then held the doors open for you as you were leaving.
“It's getting cold..” You pout a little, regretting your decision to not bring a jacket and rubbing your arms in hopes of warming yourself up.
“Here” Taemin said softly, taking off his scarf and wrapping is around your neck before brushing a stray piece of hair out of your face.
 

The heat that ran through you at that moment was unlike anything you had ever felt before. Your skin burned and you felt like your stomach was going to burst with something half way between nerves and excitement. You felt your body begin to shake slightly as Taemin's hand never left your face, simply moving to cup your face and run his thumb along your heated cheeks. You stuttered slightly, not knowing what to do or say; the two of you had never been very physically close, you didn't even hold hands very often. Taemin leaned forward slightly, his breath ghosting over your face, and your breath caught in your throat as looked at you with questioning eyes. You moved your shaking hand to grip the edge of his shirt and nodded slowly, letting him close the final distance between you in a soft, chaste kiss.
 

It was short and soft, neither of you moving your lips or applying too much pressure because of nerves. It was merely more than a brushing of lips, but to the two of you, it felt absolutely perfect. After a few seconds, you felt Taemin smile against your lips and you both pulled away slowly, refusing to meet eachothers eyes as you glanced around the street, cheeks bright red.
 

After a few moments of awkward silence, Taemin reached forward and took your hand in his, still not meeting your eyes as he spoke softly,
“ Let's head home...”
You felt a pang of sadness at the look a dejection in his eyes, he thought you didn't like it? Without thinking you pulled him towards you, and placed another kiss to his lips; still just as chaste but with the tiniest amount of pressure added. You pulled away quickly and smiled at his shocked, blushing face.
 

“Home”

----------------------

Hooray for more fluff!
Here's another update for you all, it hasn't been very heavily edited yet but I will make sure I get round to it,
Aside from that I hope you enjoyed it and tell me what you think, I always love to hear your comments!

Thank you for reading~