Waiting For The Drop

Precious Moments

Dreaming.

It was one of your favourite pastimes. A place you felt safe, a place you felt at home. You felt like you could do anything, go anywhere you wanted, be whoever you wanted to be. It was such a contrast to your real life; you felt strong, you felt confident in your dreams. But the moment you woke up everything changed, all that strength and confidence disappeared. Everything changed the moment you looked over, and saw that his space in your bed was empty.

The dreams started a few months ago, when his promotions and activities began to get heavy. You started sleeping a lot more, trying to pass as much time as possible in hopes that you would be able to see him sooner. You would sleep, or rest, or even just lie in bed when sleep refused to take you. Your bed became where you spent the majority of your time.

Sometimes you wished you could sleep more. On occasion, you would try sleeping for days at a time, hoping to dream that little bit longer. Because suddenly, dreams were all you had left. Taemin was never home, he was never there, even when you needed him most. And as time wore on you just became more and more tired, so you turned to your dreams for comfort. You created entire worlds, a whole new reality. A reality where he never left, a reality where you were always together and always happy. And things became easier.

You could smile and laugh, you even started seeing your friends again. But then the dreams became all too real. You found yourself longing to go home, longing for sleep to take you back to the world you had created. And the Taemin you knew became even more distant, until eventually he completely faded away. The Taemin you knew, had become nothing but a dream.

And so it went that reality began to finally slip away from you; you lost your grip and began to fall. You never really stopped falling, the world you created seemed so never ending that you only fell further and further into it. But you didnt realise. It was like falling without the drop, falling so hard and so fast that you don't even know its happening.

And so now you wait, you wait for the drop. You wait for the falling to end, telling yourself that Taemin will be there, waiting to catch you with open arms. You wait for the drop, and you wait for the catch.

You wait for someone to finally wake you up.

-----------------

HELLO ANGST

It's been a while since I posted a bit of an angsty piece, and I've been watching far too much Inception for my own good, so here is the result!
I really wanted to expand on this idea a bit more but it ended up completely mind-fcuking me so I decided to leave it at this...
Hopefully I will find the time to come back to it but I can't make any promises^^;;
All the same I really hope you enjoyed it and make sure to comment and tell me what you think

Thank you for reading