A World Where Lee Taemin Never Cries

Precious Moments

I woke up to a freezing cold room. I glanced beside me only to realize that Taemin wans't there. Confsued and still half-asleep, I reached into my drawers, pulling my old hoodie over my head before walking down to the kitchen.

The wooden floor boards were ice-cold against my bare feet as I crept through the dark corridor and into the living room. I walk with soft steps through the silent apartment until my eyes drift over to the couch, landing on Taemin who was sitting on the floor beside the couch, his head burried in his knees and his entire frame shaking violently. My eyes widened and I rushed over to him, placing one hand softly on his head and bringing the other to his cheek, lifting his face to stare at me, tears staining his face and running down his cheeks.

Unable to speak, I simply sat there in silence. It killed me to see him like this. What what hurt even more was the fact that I had no idea what was wrong. Because no matter how many times I found him like this, he would never tell me anything. I feel a small tears trickle down my cheek but I wipe it away quickly in hopes that he won't see it. He covered the hand that was on his cheek with his own, pulling me into his arms and holding me so tightly that I almost couldn't breathe. I could slowly feel warm tears fall through my hair as he continued to muffle his cries.

"Please..." I manage in little more than a whisper. I carefully pull away, placing my hands on either side of his face and caressing his cheeks with my thumbs.
"Just tell me what's wrong...It hurts too much to think that I can't do anything to help..." I drop my head to stare at the floor and my hands leave his face, falling limply into his lap. I suddenly feel his wrap his arms around me once more as he picks me up and begins to walk back to our bedroom. He sets me down softly on the bed, pressing a soft kiss to my cheek before moving to lie down next to me.

"Get some sleep..." He said slowly, and I could tell how hard he was trying to hold back his tears. A soft sigh slips from my lips and I turn to lie next to him, placing my hand on his shoulder blade and running it down his back to rest on his tailbone.
"Goodnight sweetie..." I mumble, letting sleep take me away to a place where not a single tear ever fell from Lee Taemin's eyes.

If only life were that simple.

-------------

Another update tonight!
This is a little more angsty because I wanted to get away from the constant fluff and write something a little different, but if you guys prefer my fluff then I will make sure to try and write more of it. I hope you enjoyed and comment pretty please?

Thank you for reading~