Our Perfectly Broken Relationship

Precious Moments

 

"Just leave it, okay!? I've got enough to deal with, I don't need you constantly whining in my ear! I have things to deal with, you don't even do anything so just shut--"
He speech was suddenly cut short as my hand connected with his face in a harsh slap, the sound resonating through the apartment.
"I don't do anything!?" I screech, watching him with angry tears in my eyes as he held his reddening cheek with one hand, a look of pure shock on his face. 
"You see that's just it, you don't ing know because you're never here!" I scream, squeezing my eyes shut as tears tumble down my cheeks.
"I'm the one who stays! You go off, swaning about half way across the world while I stay right here!" I yell, pointing frantically at the ground.
"This is what I do! I'm the one who stays behind, I'm the one who waits right here, for you! And you know what? It ing ! I hate it and I ing hate you because if I didn't love your stupid I wouldn't be in this situation!" I choke out, jabbing my finger into his chest with my eyes shut tightly, refusing to look at him because, god knows, that wouldn't help my case right now.
 
As I stood there sobbing, my anger, pain and frustration all blurring into one big mess, I felt a hand find its way to my shoulder, and that was all it took. I threw away my pride and flung my arms around Taemin's shoulders, gripping at the back of his shirt and burying my face in his hair, while I continued to scream and sob.
"T-this isn't fair! I don't want it to b-be like this! I-I don't--" I cry, tangling my fingers in his hair and pulling him further into me.
"Shh, shh, I know, I'm so sorry" He whispers, one of his hands moving to run up and down my back while the other holds my head against his shoulder. My breaths, coming out in quick gasps, hit his neck and I notice the goose bumps errupting on his skin. Without thinking, I lean forward and press my lips to his neck, moving against his warm skin and tracing my kisses up and down his flesh.
"I'm sorry, please, I didn't mean any of it, I'm so sorry" I mumble a million apologies into his neck, while running my lips down to his collar bones and resting them there. Taemin sighs heavily, combing a hand through my hair and bringing me closer to him.
"Everything's okay, we're okay" He whispers, and I can't help but let out a scoff, pulling out of his hold and looking into his eyes.
"Taemin...we're not okay, this-this" I emphasize, gesturing to our reddening, tear stained faces, 
"this is not okay"
Taemin simply stares for a moment, before moving his gaze to the floor and playing with a stray hem on his shirt.
"yeah...I guess we're not doing great huh?" He mutters, his eyes refusing to meet mine.
 
I cautiously reach across the space between us and take his hand in my shaking ones.
"But, we can work on it, we can make it better...Do you want to work on it?" I ask, suddenly terrified by the thought of losing the one person I care about more than anything. He looks up at me, a few stray tears slipping from his red eyes,
"I want to make it better, I want it to work...I can't lose you..." He whispers, bringing my hands to his mouth and kissing my knuckles. I sigh heavily and let my eyes slip shut, the yelling and crying having worn me out completely, slumping forward onto his shoulder and letting my hands rest on his waist.
"We'll get better, and everything will be fine, I'm sure of it" I mumble into his chest, wanting nothing more than to simply sleep.
 
I feel Taemin wrap his arms around me and lift me from the ground, carrying me towards my bedroom -our bedroom- and setting me softly on the covers before pressing a soft kiss to my forehead.
"Everything will be fine, now get some sleep" He lets a tiny smile tug at his lips before turning to leave, but I reach and out and grasp his wrist tightly, pulling him back to me.
"S-stay...when was the last time you slept in here? with me...?" I ask quietly, my grip on his wrist never loosening. He doesn't say a word, simply kneeling in front of me and brushing his fingers over my heated cheeks, leaning forward and placing a soft, hesitant kiss on my trembling lips. My eyes slips shut and I loosen my grip on his wrist, bringing my hand to cup his cheek and press my lips harder against his. As we both pull away, cheeks red and panting slightly, Taemin looks at me with an apologetic look in his eyes and reaches up to cup my cheek once again.
"It's been far too long since I've done that..." He whispers apologetically, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.
 
I reach up and take his hand in mine, pulling him forward until he rested atop me on the old bed.
"Let's get some sleep" I whisper, my hand reaching up to run my finger tips over his lips. He nods slowly and grabs my waist, rolling over and pulling me to lie against his chest.
"Good night, my love" He breathes, his breath ghosting over my face as he pulls me against him and whispers sweet nothings and apologies in my ear.
"Good night, Taemin" I utter quietly, letting my eyes fall shut and sleep slowly take me. Because I was safe now, my angel was back and I could finally rest easy.
 
------------------------------
 
Hello again everybody!
Well, once again it has been far too long since I have updated and I truly do apologise, I have simply had so much going on that I never find the time anymore. But last night this idea crossed my mind, and I kinda ended up...well...vomiting up this. I hope it's alright TT TT
Make sure you comment, I love hearing what you guys think!
 
Thank you for reading~