Chapter 3: Aeroplane For The First Time

We Are One, We Are EXO
Umma woke me up the next morning.
 
"Eun Ri, wake up, dear. You don't want to be late for your flight."
 
"Ugh! Umma, just leave me for five more minutes."
 
"Yah! Wake up! Mi Na and her driver will be here at any minute. Wake up at once."
 
Well, that didn't only wake me up, but it also made me jump out of the bed, and into the bathroom, all in one second!
 
Power of the mother.
 
After I took a shower and put on black high wasted shorts and a black shirt, I went downstairs with my bags to say my farewell to umma.
 
"Umma," I hugged her really tight and started crying.
 
It's my first time to leave my mother.
 
She hugged me back tighter.
 
"Eun Ri. D-don't forget to eat well, a-and don't tire yourself, araso?" she sniffed.
 
"Umma, are you crying?" I said, breaking our hug.
 
"Ani, they're tears of happiness, pabo," she smiled.
 
"I'll miss you, umma."
 
"I'll miss you, too, dear."
 
And with that, we heard a knock on the door.
 
I went to open it.
 
"Ready?" It was Mi Na.
 
"Nee."
 
I went to hug umma one last time, then I bid her goodbye, and got into the car with Mi Na.
 
While the car was moving, I looked at umma's figure getting smaller and smaller as she waved for me, it made me feel a heartache of discomfort.
 
I'll truly miss you, umma.
 
"So, aren't you excited?" Mi Na cheered.
 
"N-nee," I stuttered.
 
"Are you.... crying?" Mi Na's question made me realise the tears my eyes were dropping.
 
I simply used umma's lie:
"These are tears of happiness," I smiled. However, it seemed like Mi Na saw right through me as she simply smiled and nodded.
 
Well, that is what an 11-years of friendship means.
 
---At The Airport---
 
After we filled all the paperwork....
 
"Passengers of flight 235, please go to gate 12 to get on your plane."
 
"That's us," Mi Na said and I nodded, following her to gate 12.
 
Mi Na gave our seats tickets to a lady that works on the plane and, unlike others, she ushered us to our seats.... in the first class.
 
---After we were seated---
 
"First class?" I asked Mi Na excitedly.
 
"Only the best for the best," she winked at me making me giggle.
 
Once the plane started to take off, I felt this weird feeling at my stomach.
 
"Mi Na, I don't think I am feeling well."
 
"Omo! Is that your first time to ride on a plane?"
 
"Nee."
 
"Just don't worry, everything will be fine.... Why don't you get out your headphones and listen to some k-pop. Try to fall
asleep. Araso?"
 
"Araso," I smiled to her.
 
I got out my headphones and iPod and listened to some f(x), EXO, SHINee, CNBLUE,....etc. until I fell asleep.
 
---2 Hours Later---
 
"Eun Ri, wake up. We're here," Mi Na shacked me to wake me up.
 
"Whae, I want to sleep."
 
"Aish. Yah! Wake up. We arrived," she shouted.
 
"Araso, araso."
 
I opened my eyes and went off the plane to find myself in a new place.
 
Seoul.
 
EXO, wait for me.