Chapter XVIII : Comfort

The Long Lost Descendants

Previous Scene :

After standing for several minutes while looking up at the sky feeling the rain drops to her face. She looks straight back and smile. She feels that the water flow a bit faster under her smiling eyes, and that when she realizes she’s crying.

Pathetic she thought.


 

JONGDAE POV

He watch the girl he loves the girl across the street that cry her heart out. He want to blamed Jongin for making her cry, but then again is not entirely Jongin fault that it happen. She was their weakness, and he know for sure that right now Jongin blamed himself for making her cry like this.

He sigh, only if that creatures didn’t curse her and she didn’t reincarnate into a different person. Then by now, all of them will have family with her.

After several minutes watching her cry her heart out in the rain, he finally decided that it’s time for him to comfort her. So he finally walks towards her.

 

EUNJI POV

I cry my heart out, why does I  feel so much pain? like a thousand knife stab my heart. Is it Jongin really important to me? Or is it me that being delusional? I mean I clearly realize that we just met today but why when he mistake me for another girl, there’s just this unsettled feeling inside me that scream that Jongin is mine, I might turn into a crazy women in any minute now.

I keep crying, maybe this was not about Jongin, is about me being lonely. I smile bitterly to myself reassuring that all of this was because the loneliness that I feel all along.

The rain drench me, I didn’t realize for how long I’ve been standing here in the rain, when suddenly I feel the rain has stop and there’s a shadow behind me.

Abruptly I turn around and found a mysterious guy wearing ripped jeans and a grey sweater and standing behind me holding a black umbrella to prevent the rain fall into the both of us.

His stare mesmerize me, it fills with  worries, comfort and care. Who is this guy? I asked to myself. This guy stand in front me stood with his stoic face before slowly his lips curled up into tinny warm smiles that warms my heart.

This feeling again, what the hell is happening to me right now. The guy pat my head slowly as if telling me that everything will be just fine. He put the umbrella into my tiny hand, when our hand touch I feel electricity shot through my system following by warm feeling that spread through my body just like it happen when I was with jongin couple hours ago.

My mind try to process whats happening before I realize the guy already run to the opposite of the road.

“hey wait!! Mr!! I forgot to ask his name urghh” I grumble to myself, I need to say thank you to him and return the umbrella, now how the hell I’am supposed to do that when I didn’t know he’s name or where he lives.

I was lost in my own mind when suddenly I feel someone peck my cheecks. Someone peck my cheek?!!! I turn to see who is the bastard that actually dare to kiss me.

Then I froze, it’s him. The mysterious guy stood beside me and smirk.

“if you wonder, my name is Chen, keep the umbrella and treat me the next time we crossed our path again” he said softly

While I was frozen on my spot, chen began to run again. I try to say something but nothing comes out from my mouth. I see his back slowly getting far from where I was standing and he turn around smiling to me.

Oh no that smile again..

“ Cheer Up!! Ok?!!” he said loud enough for me to hear.

Then I smiled watching his figure fading away.

I Finally arrive on ahjumma florist, ahjumma and hee ra unnie was shock seeing me like a mess, they hurriedly come over to me and asking me a never ending question.

“ya! Eunji are you okay?! Why are you like this? Is something happen?” hee ra unnie asked

“Omona are you okay eunji-yah?” said ahjumma worrying over me

I smiled when I realize that they were care for me. I smiled and tell them that I’m okay. But being the ahjumma she is, she insisted that I don’t have to work if I’m feeling sick today but I tell her that I’m okay that I’m ready for work today, and finally she let me work.

When I was cleaning the table I keep thingking about chen,

who is that guy actually? Why did he help me? And the most important thing will I meet him again?

I let my mind wondering to the scene when I met chen, he was nice, he gives me these feeling like Jongin does, warm.

I surely didn’t pay attention to my surrounding until hee ra unnie whack my head.

“Ya! Unnie what the hell is that for?” I was asking hee ra unnie and shot glares to her

“don’t Ya me! I’m older than you pabo ! stop daydreaming will you? If you really sick than you don’t have to work today I called you several times but you didn’t realize that I need you to clean those tables cause there’s a new customer” said hee ra unnie

“ehehe Mian unnie, Arraseo I’ll clean the table miss” I saluted her before going to do my job

Today ahjumma café and florist are full of customer. When we close I can feel sore all over my body. I get myself up ready to clean the table before hee ra unnie beat me to it.

“you go home, you need to rest I close the café today” hee ra unnie said

“but unnie I’m okay seriously” I persuaded her

“No but, now get your out of here” she said sternly and I know that I can change her mind

“ahjumma I’m going!!” I bow to ahjumma

“Take care eunji” she said smile warmly to me

When I open the door I was shock, seeing jiyong with his trouble face leaning against the wall beside the café door.

 

JIYONG POV

I’m really going to scolded that girl. How come she makes me this worried over her. Today when I searched her class she was no longer there, it’s weird seeing that it’s still two hours before she start work. Maybe she was hanging out with her friend and forgot to tell me.

It was past two hour and she hasn’t contacted me yet, how frustrating that girl can be. I try to call her but her number is not active I began to search for her eventhough is raining hard outside, I grab my umbrella and go straight to ahjumma café.

I wash rushing my way there, when I was going to come in I saw her getting pampered by hee ra and ahjumma, her body was drench, I guess she was in the rain just now.

I decided to wait for her I lean against the wall beside of ahjumma café instead of going in.

When her shift was done I saw her walking out and she gasp, shock seeing me waiting for her. That moment she open the door I was about to yell at her telling her how stupid she was for making me worry like this, but then I saw her eyes, she looks tired. So instead of scolded I turn around my back facing her and kneel. Just like the old times.

 

Eunji stared at jiyong back, her eyes began teary as she remembered everytime she was in trouble when they were kids jiyong always gives her a piggyback. It was a silent comfort that jiyong made for eunji. It wa a proof that jiyong know that everytime eunji has a problem she’s not type who will voice out what was the thing that troubled her and keep it for herself, but when she hop on jiyong back without her realizing she always told everything that trouble her.

So just like that, eunji hop on jiyong back and lean her head on jiyong shoulder.

“Eunji?” Jiyong ask softly

“hmm?”

“Do you know how worried iam?” Jiyong ask

“I know. Mian oppa” Eunji said softly

“what happen? Are you okay? Why your not answering my calls” jiyong ask feleing irritiated at the fact that eunji seems to hide something from him.

“Gwenchana oppa, I just feel tired today, my phone run out of batteries and I forgot to bring my charger, mian oppa” eunji answer

She lied. She really want to tell jiyong how weird things has been happening today, from Jongin her new classmates or chen her mysterious savior. The most important thing is those common feeling that she feel when she was around them.

Jiyong know she was lying, but he won’t force her maybe it’s not the right time that she want to tell him, it’s new to him, the fact that eunji hide something for him. But then again eunji is a grown up women. now she knew what is right for her to do and what is not, jiyong will never asked that, he believe in whatever eunji say and do. Because for him eunji happiness is his everything.

“Promise me you won’t disappear like that again?” Jiyong ask referring to the fact that today eunji leave the college without waiting or informing him.

Eunji sleepily nod before fall into deep slumber in jiyong back.


17 Nov 2015-

So how was it? is it good? I hope i didn't make any mistakes AGAIN =(  English is not my native languange so please bear with me and i'm open to any critize that you guys have.

Anyway i will be very thankfull if there's someone out there willing to make this story a poster. I know how to use photoshop but i'm not got at it, so i seek help from anyone that willing to help cause it looks a bit off without the poster Hehe :D

Sayonara @hiieka-