Plans Abroad

Smile for the Camera, You're Debuting! - DISCONTINUED

Is it over? Am I done signing paperwork? I’m done with it all? I walked up to the desk of one of the guidance secretaries. I’ve been discussing with her all week about my courses abroad. I’ll be attending some school in Seoul.

“Oh, Miss Kwan, I would just like to tell you that your paperwork has been pushed through and accepted. Congratulations, you’re going to study in Seoul,” the counsellor smiled at me.

Oh my what, really?! I almost felt like collapsing. You would not believe how many documents I had to sift through. I almost gave up halfway through because of all of it. Curse you, Adrianna! What do you put me up to this kind of stuff?!

“You’ll be hosting in an apartment in Seoul with a woman named Choi Nari. Here is your information papers, the plane ticket you applied for through the university, and a little booklet on the school you will be attending while you’re there. You’re scheduled to arrive in Seoul in a few days.” The woman piled all of the stuff into my arms. I didn’t even care that there were more documents to read, I was just happy it was over.

 

I walked out of the office with a grin on my face. Adrianna and Jade were waiting for me.

“What happened?” Adrianna looked at me.

“My application was accepted. I’m going to Seoul!” The two gave whoops of joy and started talking about all the great things I could do. All week they’ve been researching things about Seoul that I, and I quote, “totally need to know or else you will die the minute you step on Korean soil”.

“You seriously need to get in the music there,” Adrianna told me.

I stared at her. She’s been really keen on the music scene in particular. All week she’s been sending me links to all these different songs. I’ve watched one. It was alright, I suppose. They were pretty good. Although, I couldn’t check out anymore because I had school to focus on, and documents to fill out. I didn’t have time to check the celebrities. I could do that when I got to Seoul.

“Adrianna’s on to something, Ami. The music scene dominates the culture in Korea. Fads and stuff always start with the pop bands. If you don’t want to seem like an outsider who has no idea what she’s doing, I suggest you keep an eye on their stars,” Jade said.

I will. I’ve been busy filling out the paperwork so I’d actually get a chance to go there,” I pointed out.

“Fair enough, I guess. When do you leave?” Adrianna asked.

“I’m packing tonight and I have to get to the airport early in the morning to catch the flight west.”

“We’ll drive you!” Jade smiled.

“Really?”

“Yeah, I want to see you when you leave.”

“But you hate waking up early.”

“It’d be totally worth it.”

I smiled, “thanks, Jade.” Adrianna cleared . “And Adrianna too,” I laughed.

She waved it off, “it’s no problem. But I was actually going to tell you not to get into too many fights over there. You know you get less of a chance to be signed to an agency the more bruises and scars you get. They do like more or less flawless skin for your information.”

I glared at her but said nothing. What she spoke was truth. My temper was short and my right hook was mean. My gramps was a dojo master way back when and ever since I was little he would teach me to be a fierce warrior. My practice of the martial arts slowly evolved into tricking, which was martial arts with gymnastics and flying kicks incorporated. The tricking introduced me to a street dancing crowd and I found a talent for popping and locking. I was pretty ninja if I did say so myself. Unfortunately, when I was young, I got angry easily and, as you can imagine, I picked a lot of fights. It didn’t help that I was already practised in how to kick so I always won. Suspensions were quite frequent for me. I dropped that tough girl attitude after a while when school began to become important and I couldn’t afford to be suspended anymore.

“Promise to not get into any fights,” Jade put her hands on her hips. God, she was like a nagging mother.

“Fine, I promise,” I rolled my eyes and marched out of the guidance office.

“Where are you going?” Adrianna called.

“I’m going home to pack! I don’t have anything else to do today.”

“We’re coming with you!” They both ran to catch up with me. Jade jingled her keys.

“You didn’t think you were walking home did you?” She smirked. I chuckled and headed toward the parking lot.

 

On our drive back to the apartment, Adrianna was giving me lists of different modelling agencies. She also wrote the Hangul for ‘audition’, ‘application’, ‘model’ and ‘agency’, because for the life of me I can’t read Hangul. She said those words were the only important ones I needed to know and if I ever saw those words then I should look into it.

“Also, I put SM entertainment on the list because they do have auditions for modelling, but they’re really hard to get into so it’s not your top priority to apply there. I would do it however,” she instructed, pointing to a pink logo on the paper that read ‘S.M Entertainment’ in white cursive.

Man, she was like, my coach or something, “got it. I really appreciate you doing this for me, guys.”

Jade chucked from the driver’s seat, “it’s not a problem, mon amie! We want you to succeed with whatever you’re doing.” I smiled, but her words reminded me of my mother, and I thought I should call. I pulled out my phone and dialed.

“The customer you are calling is unavailable—” the computerized voice chimed. She wasn’t around I suppose. The message tone beeped and I put the mouth piece closer.

“Hey, mom, I just wanted to call to tell you I will be leaving for Korea in a little while. Please call back. I’ll email you when I get to Seoul,” I ended the call with a huff. We arrived at the apartment soon after.

 

“Do you need help packing?” Jade asked, as we entered our home.

“Actually, yes, after I moved in here, where did we store my luggage?” I asked.

“Oh, I’ll get it. It’s in the backroom closet,” she informed and walked off.

“Anything I can do?” Adrianna looked at me.

“Yep! Help me empty my drawers neatly,” I emphasised the last part, knowing full well how careless Adrianna can be with other’s stuff.

“Yeah, yeah, I get what you’re implying,” she opened the top drawer of my dresser and sent t-shirts flying through the air.

“Okay, you know what—” She held up a hand to me.

“I got this. Don’t worry.”

“Yeah…”

Jade walked into my room with the suitcases I had when I first moved in. They were slightly dusty but still perfectly intact.

“Found them!” she cheered. She set them down on my bed and the three of us got to work packing for my journey to Seoul. 


YEAH! Another one done. Super Junior will come in some time. I promise. If you like this, please tell your friends! And I thank you to the three who subscribed to me. I was genuinely shocked. Really I was.

And it's decided. This is going to be a Choi vs. Choi peppered with lovely hints of Onew, Leeteuk and Henry. :D :D :D

Thanks for reading! Bless your face. If you sneezed during this, bless you. (Toby out, HWAH!)

-Lilmisschique