Meeting the Family

Smile for the Camera, You're Debuting! - DISCONTINUED

I dropped my hand when I saw Siwon avert his gaze. I was hurt. He was so kind and now he decides to ignore me because of what his stupid leader told him to do?

I frowned. Maybe the company instructed him to avoid me just as they did with me.

Very well, if that’s how Mr. Leeteuk wants to play it. I directed my line of vision across the table to the baby faced man and his friend whom was still playing videogames under the table. The gamer was roughly three or four years my senior and yet he played his handheld like an adolescent teenager. I guess some boys never change.

The baby faced man was watching across the table, as were the others. They were all looking at Leeteuk. Siwon had just found a seat but as it turns out, because I was the extra weight, the leader no longer had a place to sit. The tension in the atmosphere rose and I could see the younger ones start to panic as they anticipated their hyung’s reaction.

I looked around the large table. There simply wouldn’t be enough room to place in another chair. I got up to leave.

Nari’s eyes widened, “Ami-yah, what are—”

“Hey, great idea Ami! We’ll share a seat!” Henry interrupted, I could hear the panic in his voice. He slid out from his own chair and took up mine as he placed me down on his lap. I blushed furiously.

“U-uh—” I stuttered. He shushed me by poking me in the stomach. I squeaked. The other men moved down one to allow room for Leeteuk. I glared at him but he couldn’t see. Another reason I shouldn’t like him.

I caught a glimpse of Siwon. He was eyeing Henry and me with a look of…jealousy? No, anger? What did I do to him? Surely if anything, us getting into this mess was his fault. If only he wasn’t so damn nice! I scoffed slightly and turned to Henry, who was spluttering apologies.

I patted his cheek affectionately, something that took Zhou Mi and Nari, who were beside us, by surprise. “It’s okay Henry. You had to do what you had to do. I don’t like Leeteuk and I sure as hell am not going to face his wrath,” I huffed.

He moved me to the other half of the chair. It wasn’t the most comfortable in the world, but since Henry’s was so skinny and the chairs were pretty big and old-fashioned it didn’t matter much.

Zhou Mi leaned over and whispered something in Mandarin to Henry that should not be repeated ever. Henry put his head in his hands after they finished their little discussion and I grimaced a bit. Zhou Mi just patted him on the back like a good hyung. My . That was just too much to handle. Sometimes men can be really, really erted.  

“Yah, Ami. What are you getting?” Nari asked me. I flipped through the menu set in front of me.

What the hell is this? I don’t even know.

I’ve never seen any of these dishes before. I stared at her and she blinked.

“What?”

“I don’t know what any of these are,” I deadpanned.

“Oh—Oh!” She tapped her head in thought. “Hmm,” she mumbled, “maybe we should just get you the norm.”

“What’s that?” Nari didn’t answer.

So I turned to Henry and repeated the question. He shrugged. “You know, kimchi.”

I didn’t know how to respond to that.

“How about we order a bigger plate and we can share,” he offered. “You know, in case you don’t like it.”

I nodded hesitantly, “o-okay…”

“Yah, Ami-ssi!” I looked up at a certain gummy smile idol.

“Yes, Eunhyuk-ssi?” he frowned.

“Papa Hyukkie,” he said. I—what? He looked at me expectantly and would not continue on talking until I addressed him as such. I sighed.

“Yes, P-Papa Hyukkie?” He smiled and clapped happily. Eunhyuk pointed to a man beside him. He sported a short black hair cut with a longer fringe. His jawline was strong and his lips, though thin, had a prominent cupid’s bow. He sort of reminded me of Amber and Jonghyun.

“This is Mama Hae!” The man looked at me thoughtfully.

“Donghae,” Henry whispered to me. I nodded understandingly.

“YOU!” Donghae pointed. I raised a brow. “You’re the one I hailed a cab for! And then you hit me with a door at the SM building!” Oh my God that was him?! I bowed apologetically.

“That was you? I’m so sorry!”

“Cab?” I heard Leeteuk on the end mumble out loud. Some of the members looked at him. “I KNEW YOU LOOKED FAMILIAR!” Leeteuk shouted, standing up and shooting me a glare. “You stole that cab from me! I nearly missed my schedule because of you!”

I shrunk back behind Henry, who squeezed my thigh reassuringly. I smiled at him. From the corner of my eye I caught Siwon’s gaze once again. His knuckles were white as he gripped the edge of the table. Oh I see now… I felt kind of bad. But I knew there wasn’t anything I could say to him. Leeteuk sat with an annoyed expression. I hadn’t apologized to him like I did with Donghae. I wasn’t going to, but still.

The waitresses came by and took our orders. Zhou Mi grinned and jerked his thumb at us, “they’re sharing the norm.”  The waitress gushed.

“Aww, that’s so sweet! I hope you enjoy it. It’s really good,” she giggled. I nearly slammed my head into the table from embarrassment. Definitely the worst thing anybody could say while Siwon was around. I shook my head furiously. Stop thinking that Ami, I told myself, it’s not like he legitimately likes you.

While we waited for the meals, Eunhyuk and Donghae introduced me to the members. There was Heechul. He was a giddy person with a sort of blunt personality. At first he was hesitant to be nice because of the tension between me and Leeteuk but he eventually warmed up, passing it off as Leeteuk’s ual frustration. The leader wasn’t happy about the comment. Yesung and Ryeowook were next. Ryeowook was a sweet man and was initially quite shy. He always looked down whenever I laughed at something he said that I thought was funny. He was endearing. Yesung was an odd man. He had a wonderfully husky voice. His humour was a bit quirky. But I found it amusing nonetheless.

Last of all were the two men in front of me. The baby faced man, Sungmin, made my internal fan girl squeal to the max. The guy was so cute and he wasn’t even trying. It’s just that every single thing he did was adorable. The last was the youngest—excluding Henry—Kyuhyun. He didn’t pay much attention to anybody and just continued to play his videogames. Although sometimes, when someone else spoke, he’d make a snide comment. I smirked. Silver-tongued maknae…

The food arrived and as soon as the kimchi was placed in front of me, I felt sick. I didn’t even know what it tasted like but I was somehow dreading eating it.

“Say ah!” Henry had some kimchi hovering in front of my face. I snapped out of my thoughts and stared at the morsel.

I took a bite and immediately my gag reflex acted up. I clamped a hand over my mouth and ran out of the room. It took me a minute to find the bathroom but when I did I completely spat out that food.

Oh God. It was so spicy, and so salty. My eyes watered. I hated spicy things, not to mention that the dish was legit really hot.

“Oh my Lord, I’m such a baby,” I groaned into the sink.

“Yeah, you kind of are,” a chuckle arose behind me. I spun around, wiping my mouth furiously.

“Yah! You’re not supposed to be in here!” I yelled at Siwon. He held a glass of milk in his hand.

“You’re in the men’s bathroom,” he grinned. Oh…

He handed me the milk, which I immediately chugged down. I avoided his stare.

“Thank you for that,” I blushed, shuffling in my heels. I could feel him watching my every move.

A hand landed on the bow of my hair piece, “that looks really good on you, you know?”

I started to stutter, “u-uh, t-thank you. But you’re the one who got me this outfit.” I played with the buckle of my belt.

He smiled charmingly, “but you’re the one who looks amazing in it.” This time I looked up. He captured my gaze and for an eternity we stayed in that spot, staring at each other.

Siwon reached his hand up towards my face. I in my breath. “Ami-yah, I—”

CRASH! 


OH MY GOD I'M DONE. EXAMS ARE OVER AND I GOT MY OTHER CHAPTERS OUT FOR MY OTHER STORIES.

Glee, you're making me really sad. I love you Damian McGinty.

And Rugby Sevens. Making me really pumped. YEAH!

Anyway, I'm sorry for the delay. I'm really obsessed over B.A.P and EXO recently.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I'M SORRY THIS CHAPTER ISN'T FLUFFIER.

-Lilmisschique

P.S. Also, I've put out an Onew Oneshot. Give our tofu some love and read it! Clicky das poster!