Sparks Fly

Smile for the Camera, You're Debuting! - DISCONTINUED

“Hey! What the—?!” the man who was apparently the Minho I’ve been hearing all about stood right in front of me with pink icing sliding down his chest.

“Layer off Minho, she didn’t mean it,” Onew grabbed me by the shoulder and backed me up from Minho, and then he started laughing. “But that was, how should I say, the icing on the cake!”

I stared at him incredulously. The lame cake puns are lame, Onew, and you just fired off two in a row. In fact, they were so stupid I actually laughed.

“You think he’s funny?” now it was Minho’s time to stare at me disbelievingly.

“That’s not important,” I waved him off, grabbing napkins from the countertop. “The fact of the matter is that you have a cake on your chest.” I was hesitant. I didn’t really want to wipe his chest down, so instead, I gave him the napkins to do it himself.

“Whose fault is that?” he quirked a brow. I gaped at him.

“You were the one who scared me!” I glared.

“You shouldn’t scare easily!”

“You shouldn’t be behind me!”

“You should be the one cleaning this up!”

“You shouldn’t be telling me what to do!”

“You should both shut up because we can hear you across the café,” we both turned to see Key with his hands on hips and Jonghyun and Taemin snickering behind him.

“He did it!”

“She did it!”

“I did it!” Minho and I pointed at each other and shouted in unison just as Onew came between us and pointed to himself.

“Huh?” Taemin looked confused as he looked between Minho and I like a ping pong match.

“The only reason Ami-ssi dropped the cake was because I pulled on her,” Onew explained. Minho still looked like he wanted me to take the blame but he remained quiet and just stared me down. I glared right back. I wasn’t scared of this douche. Who does he think he is? He wasn’t that much taller than me, so I didn’t crane my neck to look up at him. If you were anyone else, you could probably see electric waves being transmitted between our eyes. That’s how tense it was.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized. He said nothing. All he did was bite his lip and walk to the booth with the cake still smeared on his shirt. Well this was awkward, it’s not like he totally rejected my apology, but it’s not like he accepted it either.

“Don’t pay attention to him. He’s not usually like that. You guys just got off on the wrong foot,” Jonghyun squeezed my shoulder. “Taemin,” he looked at the maknae, “go accompany Minho.” Taemin nodded and walked in the direction Minho went.

“Ami-yah, what cake was it that you wanted?” Key asked me, eyeing the display.

“I-uh—” I bit my lip and told the guys to wait a minute. I walked towards the booth Taemin and Minho were at.

Behind me, I could hear Key mumble, “Aish, that girl.”

“Minho-ssi,” I called to get his attention. He looked up and could feel the blood rushing to my face.

He was shirtless.

Minho was making an attempt to wipe the cake off of his shirt while Taemin was whispering to him rapidly with a frustrated expression on his face.

“U-uh—” Minho’s eyes widened as he brought the shirt to his chest.

“I-I’m sorry sunbaenim! Please forgive me!” I averted my eyes quickly and ran back to the others.

Onew grabbed me abruptly by the shoulders and made me look him in the eye, “Ami-ssi, is something wrong? What happened?”

“Nothing happened, why are you asking?” I tried to look anywhere but Onew’s face, because I’d probably go even more red looking at his puppy dog expression.

“Well, it’s just tha—” Onew began but Key interrupted him.

“Hey, she’s taller than you, Jonghyun!” he looked at his hyung. Jonghyun grimaced.

“Yeah, so what? She’s got heels on! And besides, look at her; she’s just as tall as Onew!”

“Ami-yah, how tall are you really?” Key asked me.

“I don’t know, 5’7 or so, I think,” I shrugged.

“What?” Right, metric system.

“I’d say about 171cm,” I rephrased.

“Haha! She’s three centimetres shorter than you Jonghyun!” Key held up three fingers to emphasize his point. He shouldn’t be talking. He was like, what, 5’10? That wasn’t so tall. A lot of my guy friends were way over 6’0. But then again, for an Asian, I suppose it was rather tall. Speaking of tall…

“You guys are going to help me find Siwon oppa right?” Oppa? What the hell? Since when did I refer to him as oppa? I should be more conscience of what I say next time…

“Ah, that’s right!” Onew knocked himself in the head. “That was the real reason why she’s here.”

“Yeah, but we can still celebrate right?” Jonghyun waved the sales lady over. She gaped at the presence of even more Shinee members.

“Y-yes, may I help you sir?” she stuttered.

“Can we have that cake?” he pointed to the pink cake with strawberries.

“Of course! Right away, sir!” she scurried off with a red face.

“So after we have cake, we can contact Siwon hyung,” Onew decided.

“Wait, who has Siwon hyung’s number?” Key asked.

“Oh, I think only Minho does.”

“Excuse me, what?” I looked sharply at Onew, who flinched.

“W-well, they’re the closest out of the five of us. I’m pretty sure Minho’s the one with Siwon hyung’s number,” Onew replied hesitantly.

“Oh my God, what do I do? I don’t want to talk to Minho-ssi! I just saw him shirtless! It’s awkward. Why would I ask for his phone? It’s weird! He’s mean and he hates me! He—mmph!” Onew cupped my chin in his left hand and jammed a spoon of sweet pink cake into my mouth.

He would not let go of my face until I swallowed the pastry. He had a grip firm enough to keep my mouth closed, but his touch was gentle.

My face was burning red as I finished chewing. Onew grinned his cute pearly smile with the spoon still sprinkled with remnants of pink icing.

“Is it tasty?” his eyes crinkled when he smiled. They sparkled in the light. I had never seen someone who looked so…bright when they smiled.

It was a contagious thing, I grinned, “I don’t know, you tell me!” I grabbed a chunk of cake off of Jonghyun’s plate and smeared it across Onew’s closed mouth. Jonghyun and Key stood in the background, ooh-ing and ahh-ing at the scene. Onew laughed and painted cake onto my cheeks like blush. I ran a line of chocolate down his nose and he jammed a strawberry into my mouth.

Someone cleared their throat, disrupting out little food fight. Key and Jonghyun ceased their laughter and stared at Minho, whose shirt was now frosting-free.

He held up his phone for everyone to see, “Siwon texted me. He said he knows we’re in the area and he lost his friend. He wants us to keep an eye out for her and to tell him if we’ve seen a girl named Kwan Ami. She’s rather tall and she has high cheekbones, he says. He also tells me she’s very beautiful and model-esque.” Minho looked at me, “I don’t suppose he’s referring to her.” Wow, he’s talking like I’m not even here. My brain paused briefly, is Minho implying that I’m beautiful and model-esque? Wait, Siwon said that about me? I could feel the heat rise to my face once more.

“Can we have cake and then go find Siwon hyung?” Jonghyun whined.

“How about Siwon hyung just find us?” Key suggested. “Minho-yah, can you text Siwon and tell him where to go?”

“I like that idea better,” Jonghyun grinned. He took his cake and ran off towards Taemin. Aish, he’s like a little kid.

“Yah! Jjong! That’s my cake!” Key ran after him, which left only me, Onew and Minho.

Minho swerved his back to us.

“Oh, Ami-ssi,” he glanced back. I gave him a curious look.

“Yes?”

Minho eyed me. My head was cocked to the side as I stared at him expectantly, the rosy coloured frosting still smeared on my face. His mouth twitched.

“I forgive you.”


Yeah, I kind of made Minho the more douchey one out of the two. I'm sorry! DON'T HIT ME! I needed a sort of  character.

BY THE WAY. DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M POSTING TODAY? BECAUSE IT'S DUBU ONEW'S BIRTHDAY!!! ♥ TWO IN A ROW! WHOOO! MVPs and Shawols rejoice!

Hey ! Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it :)

-Lilmisschique

Remember to

Subscribe

Comment and

Promote!