Innocence

Smile for the Camera, You're Debuting! - DISCONTINUED

“DEAR GOD AND ALMIGHTY JESUS!” I screamed when I saw a wave of bodies flood into the bathroom. I was so warped into the previous moment that I had with Siwon that the sudden interruption nearly gave me a heart attack.

“Ami, are you alright?!” Henry asked, running up to me in a panic. He shook me by the shoulders and my head jerked back and forth wildly.

“U-uh yeah. Why?” I managed to spit out.

“W-well…because you kind of ran off like a madman.” He grinned sheepishly.

“Oh, that? Don’t worry about that. I’m fine,” I reassured. He sighed and hugged me tight.

“Good to hear. And here I was thinking I had to hold your hair back while you barfed into a toilet,” Henry laughed. I whacked him on the back but kept my eyes focused on the mirror of the bathroom. Even though Henry was laughing, his eyes were hard as he glared at Siwon. Siwon didn’t have the most pleasant face either. His brows were furrowed as he stared at Henry.

“It’s great that you’re okay. Come with Mama Hae back to the dining room, okay? Okay.” Donghae said quickly as he pried me away from Henry. Eunhyuk lead us out of the men’s bathroom with a strong grip on my arm.

When we got back to the dining area, Sungmin smiled and waved while Kyuhyun continued to blast zombies on his handheld.

Ryeowook ran and began to fawn over me like mother hen, asking questions about my diet and overall health record since I was 4.

“Does he always do this?” I mumble to no one in particular.

“Yes,” Kyuhyun replied, not glancing up from his game.

“I see.” I looked around the room, noticing the absence of both Siwon and Henry.

Yesung noticed me searching and he pointed at the door. I turned around to see the two enter together, both radiating a dark aura.

“Do you want to go home?”  Siwon asked me. “I’ll take you there.”

“No you won’t.” Leeteuk’s voice commanded. “I forbid you to go anywhere with that woman.”

The members were all silent. Normally Leeteuk wouldn’t go as a far as to forbid something unless it was serious.

“Hyung,” Donghae looked cautiously at him, “what are you saying?”

“I’m saying that as your leader and as an idol. I forbid for Siwon to be seen anywhere with her.” Leeteuk didn’t even look at me, and he spoke as if I was not there. Just then his eyes shift to me, “you know exactly why I’m doing this, Miss Kwan, don’t you?”

I nodded slowly, “o-of course.” I grabbed my coat, waving good bye to the members and smiling at Donghae and Eunhyuk. “I’ll see you at home Nari.” I said before I ran out of the restaurant. I could hear Henry call me back but I ignored him.

I wish I didn’t look back, but I did and when I saw Siwon my heart stopped.

It looked like a war was waging in his head, like he didn’t know what to do. I almost ran back.

Almost.

I wandered the lit streets of Seoul. It was late but the city was very much alive with activity.

Market vendors yelled at passerbys to purchase their goods. Girls in scantily cut clothing and towering heels made their way to clubs and bars. Businessmen with heavy briefcases were going home to their families after a long day. I was the odd one. I was neither a party-goer nor a worker. Pedestrians like me usually wouldn’t come out at this time.

“Hey sweetheart, want to take up on my offer?” A young man in dark clothing asked as I walked past him.

“I’m sorry?” I looked at him.

“Come closer,” he gestured. When I didn’t, he shrugged. “I just wanted to know if you wanted to go on a trip.”

“A trip?” He grinned and nodded.

“U-um, no thank you I’m fine,” I edged away. He grabbed my wrist.

“C’mon, it won’t hurt.” He reassured. I pulled my hand back but his grip was firm.

“Let go,” I spat. A large off white van pulled up to the curb and the door slid open. The man released my wrist out of surprise when the other young man who stepped out of the van took two strides over to us and socked him in the jaw.

“O-ow! Hey buddy, what’s the big freaking idea?!” the shady man growled. The new comer stood silently in the cover of the dark night. Instead of answering the man, he grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the van. I kicked and swung wildly for him to let me go. I didn’t need this twice in a night!

“Will you calm down?” he asked. I looked him dead in the eye and my eyebrows shot up.

“Minho?” I gaped. Not only was Minho in the van, but also Key and Onew. “Why are you here?”

“No, you don’t get to ask questions,” he glared. “Why were you wandering the streets alone and at night?

“I-I was just going home.” I stuttered. His large hands were still wound tightly around my wrists. Key and Onew remained silent as they watched our conversation.

“I know, and you’re heading the wrong way.” Minho said. He showed me his phone, “Siwon hyung told us to come find you after you ran out on dinner.”

“Siwon did?”

He nodded, “what’s your relationship with hyung?”

“Huh?!”

“Answer me.” His grip tightened.

“Nothing! Nothing’s going on between us. We’re just friends!”

“Minho let go,” Onew said finally. He looked at his leader, sighed and released me. Onew pulled me closer to him. “Are you alright Ami?”

I nodded slowly, unsure of what to say.

“You shouldn’t be talking to random strangers at night,” Key said from the front seat. “I feel like your mom telling you this but clearly you didn’t realize the risk you put on your life talking to that guy.”

His scolding tone made me lower my head in shame. He was right, I should’ve been more careful. I was an adult now my sometimes I felt so naïve. I was like a child all over again under Key’s gaze.

“We’re here,” Minho said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the van. Onew mumbled something scornfully but I couldn’t hear.

The ride on the elevator was silent. I looked at my feet the whole time but I could feel Minho’s eyes on me. The elevator dinged and the doors opened but when I didn’t move Minho sighed and grabbed my hand again.

We walked in silence, our fingers intertwined, something I found rather odd but didn’t ask about. “You know, sometimes your naivety really worries people.” He said.

I looked up at him, “what?”

He pushed me up against the wall and bent down close to my face. “I’m saying you’re too innocent for you own good.” His strong arms pinned my hands to the wall and I tried to turn my face away from his.

“Minho, please don’t—”

“Minho?” He immediately backed away at the sound of the new voice. His head snapped to stare at the older man.

“H-hyung!”  


I have no excuse for such a delayed update except for...

EXO.

Seriously. I've never obsessed over a band so hard before. They're the reason why this is late TT TT

MY APOLOGIES.

I will work harder next time.

But oh no! Minho's been caught in a non-compromising position with Ami! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN?!