A Web of Lies

Smile for the Camera, You're Debuting! - DISCONTINUED

“I-I’m sorry oppa! I really have to go now. My unnie wants me home,” I gripped his hand. “Please tell Mr. Jungsu that it’s my entire fault.” Siwon gaped but I was already running off. “I’ll make it up to you!” I shouted back.

I had no idea where I was going because Siwon took me to some secluded area away from the main streets. I figured that going to the area with most activity would lead me back home. But first, I needed a taxi, and it’s already been established that I fail at hailing taxis. So walking home it is!

I eventually managed to make it to the bustling streets of the district. I was in the square. My eyes scanned the streets. Hopefully a cab was nearby. I saw a taxi drive up to the curb. Omo, maybe I won’t have to walk home after all! My feet picked up the pace as I hurried to the taxi. Perhaps the person won’t mind if I took their ride?

A man was making a beeline for the cab as well. I stepped it up and entered a near sprint for the cab. The man noticed me running and gave a burst of speed himself. I skid to a stop in front of the taxi and dove into the back just as the man came running up.

“Yah!” he shouted. I looked back, frantic.

“I’m sorry but I really need to leave!” I slammed the door and ordered the driver to step on it. The man looked frustrated as the cab drew farther and farther from him.

“Where to miss?” the driver asked. I gave him the address. As the man drove, I watched the streets of the district. It was a lot busier than I expected. There were so many…cameras. My eyes widened. The paparazzi were here! Journalists littered the area. They were crowding towards the square. Was something there? I wouldn’t be surprised. This was a popular shopping district. Celebrities were bound to be wandering the area.

Someone called in my ear. I turned to the driver. We had stopped, “we’re here.”

“Oh,” I said quietly. I passed him the money and stepped out. I could see a figure pacing back in forth in the lit window of Nari’s apartment. I breathed out nervously. This can’t be good.

The ride up the elevator was the longest of my life. Over the phone, Nari sounded like she was going to slit my throat.

I arrived at the apartment and breathed in, anxious. It was best to get this over with but I couldn’t bring myself to turn the knob. Unfortunately, that wasn’t required of me.

Nari opened the door with an exasperated look on her face, “there you are.” She pulled me through by the arm, “get in here quick.”

“What’s going on?” I asked, nervous. She looked at me.

“Who were you hanging out with today?”

I was surprised, “how did you know I was hanging out with someone?”

“Answer the question Ami-yah.”

She said it so scarily. I gulped, “well I was shopping when I met Siwon oppa—”

“Oppa?!” I tried to ignore her shocked face.

“We became separated by these weird people and I was lost when Onew-ssi found me. I hung with him and his group, Shinee, for a little while before Minho-ssi contacted Siwon oppa. And then Minho-ssi took me back to oppa and that’s around the time you called.”

“I know,” she said.

“Huh?”

“I said I know who you’ve been with. Well, actually, I didn’t know you were with the entire Shinee crew. I guess that wasn’t captured,” Nari picked up her laptop.

“What—? Captured?” I was beyond confused. She showed me her screen. I came closer and stared. My jaw loosened at what I saw. All over the site were pictures of myself with both Siwon and Minho. There was one of me shopping in the athletic store. Another was of Siwon doing a ridiculous dance in front of the bubble tea shop. Is that how he got our bubble teas? Why would he do such a thing? I could see a few of Minho and I walking the streets. He was holding my wrist as we tried to squeeze through the crowd. The last one made me grimace. I knew it’d end up here.

The last photo was captured the moment Minho pulled me out of Siwon’s arms. I was looking surprised and red faced as Siwon reached out for me. Minho had a firm grip around my arm and a desperate look on his face. Don’t look at the headline, I chanted over and over in my head.  Just don’t. But I did, and I regretted it immediately.

“Mystery Woman Catches the Attention of both Choi Minho and Choi Siwon!” That was Siwon’s last name? He must be famous. I should Google him later. I shook my head, stop thinking things like that! Right now you’re in huge trouble, I told myself. The tabloids were on to me. I was going to be followed. Fans would kill me. I cried out in anguish. What am I going to do?!

“Why would you do something like that?” Nari scolded me. “Don’t hang out with famous people!”

“I’m sorry,” I cried. “I didn’t know!”

“Well now you do and you’re going to die! Trust me,” she groaned, “I know what it’s like to be mobbed by fans.” What is she—? Oh…

“Because your fiancé is famous,” I finished for her, realization dawning on me.

She was surprised, “you know?”

“Well, Siwon invited me to eat at a tradition restaurant downtown after choreography,” I tapped my chin. “Now, that does indeed sound familiar, doesn’t it?”

Nari stuttered, “u-uh—” But I continued.

“At first I was unsure. Maybe your fiancé just had famous friends?” I shook my head, “but no. That was a stupid thought, especially after you said your fiancé was a part of the choreography. It wasn’t confirmed, but according to your reaction, my suspicions were correct.” I can’t believe I was turning this conversation on her.

Nari looked down, “I would’ve told you earlier but I was unsure of how you would react.”

“I don’t care unnie,” I shook my head. “I’ll be surrounded by famous people anyway from now on.”

“Do you mean—?”

“I’ll probably be moving into the dorms soon,” I told her. She nodded.

“I see. I have something to tell you,” Nari looked at the door. “Donghee is coming over to visit. If you wanted to know, he’s part of the group—” I held up a hand.

“It’s alright unnie. I’m not even sure I want to know.”

She nodded, “okay. Well you’ll probably find out tomorrow night anyway.”

“Nari unnie, does Donghee have a friend named Jungsu?” I looked at her. She was mildly surprised.

“Yes, although most don’t call him Jungsu,” she said.

“Is he going to be there tomorrow?” she nodded. “Well can you maybe try and keep me away from him?”

“Why is that?”

“We sort of had a little, how should I say, spat.”

She gave me a look, “I can try. I can’t guarantee anything. Although someday you’re going to tell me how you keep meeting all these celebrities.” The knocker banged on the door. “Ah, Donghee’s here. Be good.” She looked at me. I pretended to draw a halo around my head. "This conversation isn't over." she told me before opening the door. Curses! I thought I made her forget about it.

He came in with a heartwarming smile as a he swooped down and pecked Nari on the cheek. He whispered quietly to Nari before he noticed me on the couch with the lap top. Donghee pointed to me with a comical expression on his face.

“You’re Siwon and Minho’s lover!”

Wait what?

“WHAT?!” 


I'm sorry if this chapter is boring as well. But I can't make everything action-packy. *cries* Don't be mad!

The secret's out guys. Tabloids are on the move. Aish, what is Ami to do?

Oh and she stole a taxi from someone. How rude.

Donghee appears! Yay! Although he's a bit misguided...

Happpppppppppyyy New Year! I love you all! Mwah! Mwah!

-Lilmisschique

Remember to

Comment

Subscribe and

Promote!