Chapter Nine: Lee Seung Hoon- A Thousand Words

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I'm running out of time. Cuz soon I gotta find, ways of living without you. -A Thousand Words 

 

Leaving school at the end of the day I dragged my feet. I wasn't prepared to do what I said I was. I promised her that I wouldn't male things difficult but I can't guarantee that I can stick to it once I see her. The two of us alone isn't a good idea but I don't know what I should do. I left out of the schools front doors and stopped reluctant to go any further. I looked around and saw Hana standing alone on the school steps.

 

As I watched her standing there I suddenly had the perfect idea. Walking over I stopped beside her. "Waiting for someone?"

 

She jumped at the sound of my voice and said. "Uhm...yes. Do you need something?"

 

Ignoring her question I asked instead. "Who are you waiting for, is it important?"

 

"Kang Seung Yoon"

 

And not for the first time today I wondered what her relationship with him was. 

 

They seemed close. 

 

The only other person I've ever seen her say more then five words to is Lee Suhyun. However at lunch that guy had been whispering in her ear and she flirted and played around with him. Not to mention when I first spotted them she had her head resting on his shoulder.

 

"Is it important?" I asked again.

 

She shook her head seeming at a loss for words. "Good because I need your help. Will you help me?"

 

She nodded her head and I laughed. "Are you a mime?" Blushing she shook her head no and then winced.

 

"I mean no. No I'm not a mime. And yes I can help you."

 

Wow, more than a one word answer. Taking her hand in mine I pulled her down the steps of the school.

 

I felt her hand trembling in mine and I knew maybe I shouldn't treat her so firendly, it's obvious that she has a crush on me and I don't want her to get the wrong idea. As I went to let go of her hand she tripped over a crack in the sidewalk, an honest to god crack. I shook my head bemused as I tightened my hold on her hand. She smiled up at me sheepishly.

 

"Thank you."

 

I marveled at how this clumsy girl was able to survive for so long without someone there to protect her. It seems like she's always tripping and falling. She either is really clumsy or has the worst luck.

 

We stood quietly at the bus stop waiting for the bus to arrive. I debated on of I should let go of her hand but decided maybe I should wait until we were safely on the bus. I got her looking at me multiple times but she always quickly looked away when she saw I noticed. It seemed like she had something to say to me but wasn't able to get it out. It wasn't until we were seated on the bus, Hana fidgeting beside me before she spoke. "Where are we going?" She asked.

 

I wasn't able to answer her question. How do I tell her that I'm using her? Hana is such a sweet and shy girl and I'm taking advantage of her crush on me. "I have to take something over to my sister in laws house and I just don't fell like going alone." I told her trying to sound like it wasn't a big deal. She looked at me with a slight pout on her face. Obviously she was thinking I was crazy or something. Of course this was a big deal. Me and her aren't exactly friends and yet here I was dragging her with me to meet my sister in law.

 

She nodded and then stopped seeming to think about something before saying. "Okay, thank you for inviting me along."

 

I had to smile. She made the effort to speak words instead of just nodding because of my joke about her being a mime earlier, and she actually thanked me for bringing her with me. I shook my head in disbelief. "Jang Hana you're amazing you know that ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter