Chapter Ten: Kim Jisoo- Walk On Water

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not doing to we'll because I just can't tell, if I'm in the face of heaven or hell. & I trust you because I just can't tell. -Walk On Water

 

All the other kids eagerly ran or skipped towards the schools doors happy that their day was over. However I dragged my feet. They all had something worth running too, something better than being here. I didn't. Being at school is my peace. When I leave here the only place I have to go is to a cold and empty home only to sit in fear worrying if my father would come home drunk and angry.

 

As I was walking someone called out my name and I stopped to look and see who it was. That boy, the one stalking Jennie, stood looking uncertainly at me. "Spit it out kid." I told him wondering what he wanted. He looked around nervously and hesitated to speak.

 

"You know earlier when I said that I didn't ask for your help? Well now I am. I need your help."

 

I smirked. The kid is determined I'll give him that. He wants to be with Jennie and he's willing to work to convince her to be with him. Gotta admire a guy who knows what they want. It's not like I had anything better to do. I don't have anywhere I can go. Hanbin used to be my safe haven, I knew that I always had a place where I was safe and welcome while I dated him. I know Mino would take me in if I asked. But I don't like staying with him, I don't like having his pity. It makes me embarrassed which then makes me angry. Helping out this kid with his girl troubles can be a good distraction.

 

"OK I've decided to help, and for free at that. Let's get out of here and go somewhere to get food. Then I'll teach you the first step in getting a girl to be yours." I told him smacking his back. His face turned red at the contact and I rolled my eyes at how naive he seemed.

 

"Jisoo we are going to Lotte World. Coming?" I heard Mino say. I hadn't even noticed him come up beside me. My whole mood brightened up though at his words. Lotte World. I love amusement parks. It's the perfect thing. It'll keep me occupied for hours and hopefully by the time I get home dad will already be passed out.

 

"Of course." I told him.

 

"Let's go." He said somewhat impatiently. I smiled knowing that somehow without me even knowing it I was getting on his nerves.

 

"You're paying for my cotton candy." I told him starting to follow him out of the school. Then I stopped remembering that I was just making plans with Nam Taehyun. It would be kinda rude if I just ditched him right? I stopped and turned to look at him.

 

"Let's go, what are you waiting for?" Mino asked.

 

"I fogot." I told Tae Hyun ignoring Mino.

 

"It's ok. I didn't mean today. I have somewhere to be anyways. But tomorrow, please." He told me. I still couldn't help feeling guilty. When a better offer came around I readily jumped on it. Even though I felt bad it's not like he's my friend or anything, he said it was fine. He said tomorrow, and it's not like it's that important of a problem anyway. 

 

"Whatever. Tomorrow then." I told him and then turned my attention on Mino, who stood brooding beside me. I grabbed his arm pulling him along with me. "Let's go. I can picture that cotton candy already."

 

My mind was on how much fun I planned to have and all my troubles that I was going to try and forget when I stopped short. On the school steps waiting was Kim Hanbin, Lee Hi and Jennie. Oh hell no. I don't particularly have any problem with Jennie but those two, no I can't spend the day with them.

 

"Why did you stop? I thought you were eager to get your cotton candy." Mino said.

 

"I refuse to go anywhere with those two together, I thought it was going to be just me and...." I stopped talking not willing to continue. I had thought it was going to be me and Mino and even though I'd deny it if anyone ever questioned it, that pleased me. Even though Mino can be extremely annoying at times, he's one of the few people I trust unconditionally.

 

"Disappointed it won't just be the two of us?" He asked smirking.

 

"No.. I just can't stand the lovebirds." I said motioning to Lee Hi and Hanbin who made no attempt to conceal the fact th at they were watching me to see what I was going to do. I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter