Chapter Eleven: Jang Hana- Standing Beside You But You Don't See Me

This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can't see me wanting you the way you want her, but you are everything to me. -Invisible 

 

The moment Lee Seung Hoon made eye contact with his sister in law I knew...

 

He's in love with her.

 

I could tell because he looks at her the way I look at him when no one is paying attention.

 

Since he asked me to go somewhere with him I thought it was strange. We aren't exactly friends so why would he ask me to accompany him somewhere? But of course I agreed. I wasn't able to say no to spending more time with him. Today is the most interaction I've had with him since the first time I saw him. When he told me where we were going I really started to question the whole situation. Why would he ask for a girl he hardly knows to visit his sister in law? He has many friends, close friends that he could have asked instead. So why me? Now I know. I'm just a buffer. He's in love with his sister in law and doesn't want to have to deal with this encounter alone. Of Courses he wouldn't want any of his friends to know. I'm quiet and awkward Jang Hana, who would I tell?

 

The way he stopped in the middle of the sidewalk here made so much more sense now. I'd been so worried about him thinking that he was feeling sick, when it was really heartache. Such an intense look of pain had crossed his face that I'd even worked up the courage to touch him. I gave no thought to if it was appropriate or not only thinking of wanting to make sure he was okay.

 

I glanced to my side at Seung Hoon who seemed mesmerized by Park Bom. Who wouldn't be? She's gorgeous and mature. Of course someone as perfect as Seung Hoon would be in love with someone like her.

 

"Please come in." Park Bom said directing us into her apartment. I reluctantly followed behind Seung Hoon inside. Park Bom brought us to the kitchen where Seung Hoon sat the package on the table.

 

"Mom packed a months worth of food. She worried you wouldn't be eating properly." He said as he opened and began taking containers with dishes of food inside.

 

"I just talked to her yesterday and told her I was fine." Park Bom said.

 

"You know mom though and how she worries." 

 

He carried some of the containers to the fridge opened it and put them inside. Park Bom began to hand him the rest, they worked together handing stuff off to put them away. As I stood there and watched them my heart ached at their easy familiarity. They made eye contact often as they handed things off giving each other intimate smiles. I'd assumed that Seung Hoon love for her was one sided, but now I was having doubts. Was she in love with him also?

 

But she's married to his brother.

 

I glanced around the house expecting him to pop up our of nowhere at any moment. When he didn't I turned back to continue my silent watching. Park Bom glanced over at me seeming to remember that I was here also. My awkward hovering must've gained her attention.

 

"I am so sorry. Where are my manners? The only excuse I have is that I haven't had any guest in so long. Please sit down." She said motioning me into a chair. "Would you like anything to drink? I have juice water or tea."

 

"Water is fine." I manged to get out as I glanced over at Seung Hoon. Since the moment the door opened its like I've become invisible to him. I should be used to it. It's not like he ever really noticed me before today anyways. Seung Hoon opened up and cabinet took out two glasses and then got a water bottle and juice jug out of the fridge. He poured the beverages into separate cups and handed me the water and Park Bom the juice.

 

She took a sip and smiled at him. "My favorite."

 

He smiled also taking the chair beside her leaving me alone on the other side of the table looking at them. 

 

I felt like my heart was shrinking and would soon dissappear. Watching Seung Hoon being so attentive to her and focused solely on her was he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter