Chapter IX

Trust Me

YUNA


김남준: Make sure you protect it! Okay? 

YOU-나: What? You don't trust me? 

김남준: You have the tendecy to lose things easily. 

YOU-나: Says the guy who always break everything he touches... 

 김남준: Well played, 유나씨 (Yuna-ssi)


Yuna giggles aftering reading the last message he sent her. A silly conversation that she and Namjoon always have every time they're chatting through messenger app. 

"What is it? Is there something funny?" sks Jane who's sitting on the floor doing her night rutine for her skin. 

"Huh?" her thought is broken by Jane voice. "It's nothing, Its..." Yuna answers still with smiling face showing her prefectly set front teeth. 

Jane frowns in confusing, but lately she has grown custom to that kind of behavior. Lately, Yuna often smiles or laugh by herself a lot and whenever she asks what is it Yuna never answer. But of course, Jane know what's going on...

"Aren't you going to open it, Eonnie?" 

Yuna is laying on her bed holding out her phone in front of her face, "Open what?" she asks still with her attention draws to her phone screen. 

"The gift from fan you got today?" Jane points out the box that sits perfectly at the conner of their room. Jane take a peak of the box from her position, a shoe box. 

"Should I?" Yuna asks Jane back. 

"Of course! It's from your fan isn't it?" 

Yuna wakes up from her position and takes a quick little step toward the shoe box. He pick up the shoe box from the floor and sit in front of Jane then put the shoe box in between. She takes a good look at the shoe box with a star logo on it. From the brand she knows exactly it's from converse. The box is quite big, not like a normal rectangular shoe box. She brush her hand on the box and slowly lift up the lid from the side of the box. 

"우아아아아, 정말 예쁘다 (It's really pretty)," says Jane as soon as the box lid is open. 

There, inside the box, they both see a high top red converse sneakers. Yuna makes a humph noise, she can't believe Namjoon would buy this kind of shoe. Yuna knows Namjoon likes a girl who wear red hightop converse. She takes one out of the box and inspect it. The smell of a brand new shoe pierce her sense of smell. The shoes looks brand new, clean, untouch, unworn. 

"Try it, Eonnie!" says Jane. 

"Should I?" she asks as a rhetorical question, then put on one shoe to her left foot. "It fits me," Yuna smile at Jane in satisfaction. "I hope it fits too." 

"Hm? Too?" 

"Huh? Ah, nothing. Its nice right?" she asks for Jane opinion. Jane then hold up both of her thumbs in agreement. 

"Ah, it's so nice." She takes the shoe off of her feet and put it back into the box. Namjoon said she has too protect it well, and she will. She put the lid back on and push the box under her bed so it'll be safe.

"Why did you just put it there?" Jane asks. "Aren't going to put it on the shoe rack like the rest?" 

"Naaahh... I'm not going to wear it." 

Jane frowns her eyebrows. "Why not? You should appreciate it."

Yuna throws herself back to her bed and grab her phone. "Because it's too precious, so I'm not going to wear it." Without waiting for Jane answer, she switch her attention to her phone immediately. She opens her messenger app and open a chat window with Namjoon. 

 


YOU-나: Red hightop converse. Really? 

김남준: What? A girl would look extra atractive in my eyes if she wear those. 

YOU-나: Yeah... yeah... whatever. 

김남준: Hey, guard it! Remember our deal! 

YOU-나: I remember. Don't worry. 

김난준: You can come tomorrow right? 

You-나: Yup, 10.30 right? 

김남준: Don't forget! 


 

She close the messenger app without replying to the last chat. She just can't wait for tomorrow! 

❉ ❉ ❉

 

NAMJOON

Next day - 22.23 p.m

Namjoon is walking alone the night Seoul rode. The night breeze is blowing hard on Namjoon face, but none of it makes him cold as the long and thick black coat is wrap around his body nicely and the hoodie cover his bead quite nice. He hides both of his hand inside the pocket while one hand holding his phone. He just got off the bus in Nonhyeong-Dong area, he's going to a dance studio where his friend works. As a trainee, he usually go there for some peace and quiet, or if he needs sometime alone to himself. He's now entering 봉은사로 43길 where the dance studio is around the intersection. The dance studio close around 11 pm, but because his friend works there Namjoon can always come anytime. He always choose around the time when the studio is about to close, that way he can make sure that he wont meet any student who goes there—who could potentially be BTS fans, or in this case, The ARK fans as well. As he reach the intersection, he knocks on the glass door and see only a few light still on. Not a few minutes later Namjoon see his friend walking from inside the building towards the door and unlock it. He greats him kindly, it's been so long they've seen each other. They embrace each other shoulder like men would do and do the hand-grip-shake.

Namjoon went upstair to the 4th floor and turn on the studio room light. The room is rectangular with a lot of mirrors around the room. He and Hoseok would come here together—Hoseok would practice his dance move and Namjoon would just wait and write lyrics. He sits down at the corner of the room near the sound system and plug the AUX cord to his phone then play a song. He open his messenger app and type a quick message to Yuna. 

 


김남준: I'm here. Are you close? 

YOU-나: Just arrived. Should I just come in or are you going to get me down stairs? 

김남준: I'll come to you. 


 

Namjoon go down stairs to pick up Yuna. As he reach the bottom stairs he sees Yuna waiting outside the building alone, with her coat on and snapback as well as a mask covering her face, in spite of, he still able to recognize her. He unlock the door and let her in. 

"Hey, have you been here long?" she asks while pulling down her mask so she can talk properly. 

"No, I just got here. C'mon! Lets go upstairs." Namjoon let Yuna walk first and he follows her from the back. When they reach the 4th floor they went inside the dance room immediately. 

"Wow, it's quiet big! How do you know this place?" 

"My friend works here, and as a trainee I come by here quite often back then. But now, not as much," he answers as he walk towards the sound system to pause the music. "How did you get here? Bus?" 

"No way. I wouldn't take the bus at night. My manager drove me here so I can't be here too long. I only have about an hour," she says. She approach Namjoon near the sound system and put down her bag on the floor. "Did you come here by bus?"

"Yeap," he says. He turn to Yuna slowly and hasitate to ask something. "Ummm... Yuna." 

"Yeah?"

"Have you... give..." Namjoon finishes the sentence through body gesture instead of saying it straight on.

Yuna try to guess what he means and laugh immediately after she figures out what he meant. "No. I haven't. Not yet. Just... be cool, man."

Namjoon raise both of his hand to the level of his ear while putting his head down and slowly backs away from Yuna. "Just making sure..." 

Yuna sneer. "Whatever. So how's the album coming along?" 

"It's great. All of us contribute in making the album. Actually there's this one song that—" 

Yuna and Namjoon spent all of their time together talking about their life, just cathing up on each other. They share their feeling about how this 'idol life' fit in with their style, the hard and easy part. They leave nothing behind, all the details is out in the open. It's been so long since they actually have the time to do this. Actually, it been so long since NAMJOON has the time to do this. Since he and his band became really famous, he's been really busy, so busy until texting turn into something burdensome and time consuming. But he always make time even though not as much as before. 

"Hey! You say that now, just wait until you start to promote your album, and compete in music show, and fan meeting, and... ugh... just everything basically. Your schedule will be so full, until your sleeping time needs to do a reservation 2 days before into your schedule," Namjoon exaggerate as soon as Yuna complains that he doesn't have much time for her as much as before. 

"Hahaha, yeah, I know. I just miss the old time I guess... when you were still an underground rapper. We would see each other there and spent our time," Yuna starts to remenisce. 

"It was where I first met Minju too. You forced her to come."

"What? I did NOT force her!" she disagree and raise her tone by one octave. 

"Dude, she was so uncomfortable with the atmosphere, it looks like she's just come to another planet," again Namjoon exaggerate with the situation. 

"Whatever. It's not my fault. The manager told her to come anyway, not me." 

"Still, I felt bad for her..." Namjoon soften his voice. "How is she?" 

Yuna looks at him with a softer look. "She great, as great as you first met her," she says. "Have you been talking to her?" 

"Yeah, yesterday actually. Right after the showcase you guys had. Thank for the contact by the way," 

"No problem. Speaking of which, I cannot believe you pretended to be one of our staff at that day." 

Namjoon laughter fill up the room. "I have to make do. It was the only way I can get close to you, and not get recognize by other people." 

Now Yuna's laughter fill up the room. 

"Minju looks great that day. It's been years now since I last saw her," again Namjoon's voice gets softer. 

"Do you still remember how she looks back then?" 

"Of course! Down to the details. She was wearing a black jacket with white t- and jeans. Also... she was wearing a red hightop converse," Namjoon's mischievous smile rose up. 

"Hahaha, of course you remember that part. Because that's the reason why you like girls in red hightop converse right? It was because of her?" 

"Hmmm," Namjoon mutters in agreement. "I miss her..." 

Yuna sneer, she cover her sneaky smile behind her fingers. "You're not the only one." 

"Huh?" Namjoon sticks out his head to listen better. "뭐라고? (What did you say?).

"Nothing," Yuna giggles. "Gee, look at the time. I have to go now. Before the manager is angry." Yuna stands up, picks up her bag from the floor and walk toward the door. 

"야! 야! 야! What did you say?! Tell me!" Namjoon chase Yuna downstair after he turns off all the light and close the dance room. 

❉ ❉ ❉


Note: 

For the studio, I use 1Million dance studio address for this chapter. No copyright infregement intended. I'm just trying to make the story as realistic as possible down to every detail of it. You can google the place or go to their website 1milliondance.com. No adv intended as well. This is pure just to make the story as realistic as possible. Cause I like to the story that make sense. Also, sorry for the late post. I forgot that today is the publish due date. I thought it was tomorrow. next publish would be on June 2nd guys! 

Happy reading! ^^