Chapter V

Trust Me

MINJU

She puts Yuna’s phone down on the table. She just got of the phone from Kim Namjoon. Kim Namjoon-sunbae. Yuna’s old friend. Minju knows Namjoon a while back, but even then she was not close to him as close as he is with Yuna. 10 minutes later Yuna gets out of the shower and immediately walk toward Minju with her wet hair and towel. 

 

“Who was it, Minju?” she asks. 

 

“Owh… ummh, no body. It was an unknown caller,” she lies. Why did I just lie? 

 

Yuna frowns her eyebrows. “I heard you talk to whoever it was though…” 

 

“It was… a salesman? He was offering this stuff that I don’t know. Probably it was just a prank.” Why did I just lie again? 

 

Yuna mumbles and walks toward the table then pick up her phone. Minju looks at Yuna, who is stuck to her phone screen. Minju’s heartbeat rise up by a few beat… am I going to get busted?

 

“What is it?” Minju asks. 

 

“Nothing. Just checking…” 

 

“It really was from unknown caller,” says Minju, with a slight panic tone.

 

“What? Oh! No… I’m not checking that,” she asks. 

 

Minju put on her suspicious looks. “Are you checking your messenger app?” 

 

Blood drainage off Yuna’s face, she froze, she hesitate to answer. “Maybe…” she says. 

 

“Aaaaahhhh… you areee. Are you that anxious waiting for his reply?” Minju jump off her seat with a face full of happiness. 

 

“Sssttt… please, now i’m serious though. I’m scared that what you sent him, gave him the wrong idea… and I don’t want that,” 

 

“I’m sure when he reads the message he’ll reply—“ 

 

“He already red it,” says Yuna while walking away a bit from Minju. 

 

Minju fix her eyes on Yuna who’s walking toward the chair near the dining table. Minju is quiet, she has no comment towards that. Maybe, I should say that it was him who called? she thought to herself. “How do you think he’d react when he saw that message?” 

 

Yuna shrugs. “I dunno… but it’s not like he doesn’t have time to at least send a short message.” 

 

“Well, maybe he’s really busy. He’s promoting BTS new album right? Wouldn’t he be busy promoting AND tired as well, that he might not have the time to message you?” Minju is trying to consult Yuna. 

 

“Hmm… maybe. I just hope it really didn’t make things awkward.” Yuna look down toward her phone. 

 

Minju sit on the other chair. “I’m really sorry if something happen because of my prank. I was just kidding… cause i thought you were close,” well there’s something else too… 

 

“We are… I’m just. Yeah. Whatever.” Yuna did not finish the sentence. “It’s not your fault, really. Don’t worry about it,” she gets up from her seat then walk towards her room, leaving Minju in the room. 

 

Her feelings is now jumbled up too. She’s thinking whether she should tell Yuna that he called or not. But why shouldn’t i tell her? Shouldn’t I be helping her? Minju is also thinking other possible scenario of how Namjoon would’ve react. They’re close right? Wouldn’t Namjoon be happy to hear that Yuna misses him if he actually has some…? Minju dismiss the thought from her mind as quickly as it pops up and think what she should do instead. 

 

좋아! (Okay!) I will try to find and talk to him when we meet,” she says with full of determination. 

 

Wait the minute… did he say, “I’ll do better next time?” Does that mean there will be INFACT a ‘next time’? 

 

Minju smile rose up.

 

✻✻✻

YUNA

Yuna is now on her bed ready to get some sleep. She’s still holding her phone with an empty expression, still hoping that she might get something. Just one little thing. ANYTHING. She bashed her phone onto her bed and just try to deflect that heavy feeling inside her heart. She’s staring at the top of her bunk bed. 

 

“Eonni? Are you okay? You look stressed,” ask Jane, who’s head is peeping out of the top of the bunk bed. 

 

아 미안, did I wake you up?” Yuna asks. 

 

“No, you didn’t. I was just listening to music, but if you have something that’s bothering you. You can talk to me,” she offers herself politely. 

 

“It’s okay. You can just go back listening to your music and get some sleep. I’m fine,“ says Yuna reassuring her 동생 (someone who’s younger). 

“그래요? 알았어요. 잘자요 언니! (Really? Okay. Sleep well, Eonni)says Jane. 

그래... 그래.. (Yeah...)” 

 

Yuna is now back to space out. Her feelings is not so good and now she’s trying to just get some sleep, in the hope that the feeling would go away. But it didn’t work at all. Just right before she was about to give up and wake up to do something that would keep herself occupy, her phone vibrates. As fast as lightning she grabs her phone and open the notification bar. It’s a new message! 

 

김남준: 김남준 send an audio file. 

 

She quickly hit the play button and let it load for a few second. Her phone play a slow and easy-listen melody, she close her eyes and enjoy the melody. It must be a song that he’s working on, she thought. Just before the audio ended, she can hear scrapping sound from the file and theennn… 

 

아우우... 좋다. 잘자~” (Owh, it’s nice. Sleep tight) 

 

From the musky like voice she can tell immediately… it’s Namjoon! 

 

… and just like that, her heavy feeling is now gone and she can fall asleep well.