Chapter IV

Trust Me

YUNA

“Aaahh, dorm sweet dorm,” she says as she and her team enter their flat. It’s 12.24 p.m, just after midnight. She and Jane are the last one to return home. Everyone else went home earlier than they did because they did a good job. Yuna was not particularly focus today, resulting in dragging Jane with her to stay at the practice room a little late. 

“미아네, 제인아… (I’m sorry, Jane) you got dragged down with me,” she apologise to Jane who looks even more tired then she is. 

“It’s okay, eonnie.” Jane replies politely. 

“Welcome home! Are you guys hungry? I cut some fruits there for you guys if you guys are hungry. There are some apples, and dragon fruit. Also, i went to mini market just now and I bought some banana milk if you guys want…” Minju offers her kindness as soon as they walk in the flat. “If you guys are tired, then you should wash up now and go to bed early.” Minju adds. 

“어우우우우우… 언니 너무너무 사랑해요! (Eonni, I love you so so much)” Jane extend her arms and embrace Minju with love then quickly goes to the kitchen and takes banana milk out from the fridge. She pucker her lips and drink the milk from the other end of the straw. Jane runs with little steps toward Minju and hug her one more time then went to the bedroom. 

“Ah, i feel so bad. Because of me Jane went home late,” says Yuna right after the bedroom door is completely close. She walks toward the sofa and put her bag down on the floor and take her seat. Minju follows her and sit right next to her. 

“Don’t be. It’s not like it’s the first time one of us just got home at this hour right?” Minju tries to cheer Yuna up. 

“That doesn’t make me feel any better…” 

“Ahh… just forget about it. You better go wash up now…” 

“알았어. (Okay)” 

Yuna gets up from her sit and went straight to the bathroom. She turn the water tap and let the water runs until it turns warm. Just right after she’s in the shower she can hear her phone rings. 

“유나야! (Yuna!) Your phone is ringing!” she can hear Minju calling out for her from the bathroom. 

“Can you just pick it up for me, please? I’m already in the shower!” she replies. 

“Okay!” says Minju. 

***

—NAMJOON—

Namjoon is in Bangtan recording room alone while the rest of his team is inside the dance studio trying on some clothes to wear tomorrow on music show. He log in to his computer and opens the work he's been working on. He hits space bar and let the music play for a couple of seconds. He starts to play with the tone, layers, adds different instrument here and there. While he listen to his song, he shift his sight to the edge of the table where his phone is. That big rectangular shape device looks peaceful, the screen is pitch black indicating no new notification. He relax his shoulder and let his back touch the chair. 

He put his hand on top of each other while staring at his phone. Then he reach out to his phone and press the lock button. He opens the dial pad and press number 9 for 3 seconds and it automatically call a phone number, he sets number 9 as speed dial. He put his phone closer to his ear and he can hear the dial tone. His heart throbs a little. 

"여보세요? (Hello?)" someone answers on the other line. 

"여보세요? Umm... 나야 (It’s me)“ Namjoon answers. 

“아… 네… 순배? (Yes, Sunbae) This is Minju though..." the one of the other side introduce herself, being called as a sunbae tickle his ear, he’s not use to being called sunbae by someone else, and... It's also not someone who's Namjoon expecting to hear.

But... 

”어? 안녕하세요 (Oh? Hello),” says Namjoon awkwardly. "Umm... where's Yuna?" He adds. 

“She is not here right now. She said I should pick up her phone. Is there something wrong?” 

“Oh, no, there’s nothing wrong. I just want to check in with her that's all. This is Minju... Jeon Minju? Leader of the ARK, right?" 

This time Minju laugh a litte. "Yes, it is. I'm the ARK leader. You're Bangtan leader, right?"

It's Namjoon's turn to laugh now. "Yes, it is." 

Silence for a few seconds. Ah this is awkward, what should i say? he thought. 

"Right, you were calling for Yuna right?" 

"Yes, but..." 

"Do you have any message for her? I will pass it down to her." 

"Ahh... no, nothing important. I will just call her again later." Namjoon rejects Minju offer politely. 

"I'm sorry... you wanted to talk to Yuna but you have me instead," she says with an apologetic tone. 

He chuckle. "It's okay. I wish I have something to say to you though. But my brain isn't working for some reason." 

"Not at all. It's okay... I think."

"Next time... I'll do it better," he says.

Minju isn't responding to what he just said. "I'll hang up then. Byebye~" 

"Yeah, bye," he pulls his phone away from his ear. He can feel his one of his ear burning up, because of the heat from his phone. He stare at his phone.. 

"Minju... right?"