Chapter VIII

Trust Me

5 days later... 

YUNA

It's 2 p.m, Sunday afternoon, a great weather for outdoor performance in Seoyudo Park. The ARK is about to start their small showcase for the fans, still promoting for their new song "The Light". Everyone is still in the car, waiting for the stage to be prepared. All of them seems relax, none feel anxious even a little, something that they feel proud of. Being comfortable on stage is not something that is easy to gain especially for rookie group like them. 

"Wow, there are a lot of people there," she Jane who's looking the car's window. 

"What? Are you nervous?" ask Yuna in a mocking voice. "You better not start now." 

"Of course not! I'm just amaze. Look Eonnie, are those people really came here to watch us perform?" Jane still seems amaze by the fact they have fans now. Fans who would want to watch them perform no matter where they are.

"Of course! Why wouldn't day?" says Minju, try to boast the team's confident. 

"Woooww, look those people have huge cameras!" now Halla is amaze as well, she points out to the people who brings their SLD-R camera in front of the stage. 

Everyone seems to be amaze by the view. They are preparing themselves before getting up on that little stage in front of those people who came all the out here just to see them perform. Speaking of fans... Yuna just remember something. She takes out her phone from her pocket and open the messenger App. 

 


YOU-나: Dude, are you going to do it or not?

김남준: I am. It's ready. 


 

After she's sure that Namjoon isn't joking, she looks her phone and look out the car's window joining the rest. She brush her eyes over the crowd looking at the people one by one. Her eyes wonders from the front of the stage, until the back, even around the area that are not even that close from the stage. A few minutes later, a staff come closer to the van and tell them it's time to get out. All of them gets of the car one by one, bringing water bottle with them in their hand. They walk slowly with zeal and a heart full of hope. As they get closer to the stage, one or two fans spot them and start screaming. All of them bow, as they hear the screaming fans and wave cheerfully. Some fans are female, but they can spot 4 until 5 male fans in the crowd. Once again Yuna skim through the crowd, still unable to find the person who had promise will be there.

Where. Is. He? Don't you dare broke your promise! She thought. 

They get up on the stage, there they see 5 chairs set up on stage with a guitar, which will be use by Minju. As soon as Yuna is on the stage, she is now able to see the whole crowd and try to skim through the crowds again. But... nothing. He's not there. He said to her that he's here already. I think a tall guy with a silver hair will be easy to spot on the crowd, but she's unable to pin him down. A little dissapointment builds up in her heart. But having him here or not at all shouldn't affect her performance today. She immediately put that thought aside and put on her game face. 

"안녕하세요!" Yuna opens the event with a simple greetings. The fans answer her with a voice that is 10 times louder than her voice using a mic. They start their showcase with a successful MMMBop Cover by Hanson.

The performance goes along well, they even did Boy in Luv accoustic version and dance cover. They also have a QNA session with the fans. Everything went well, before they notice the showcase has finished and they've reach the end. They close their showcase with their won song "The Light". Everyone bows as soon as they finish and says their gratitude to the fans and leave the stage. 

"우아아아아, it's really nice today! I wish I can stay here and have a picnic," says Yujin as they walk to their van. 

"I know right. It's so nice the weather." Minju answers and spread her hand, breath in the fresh air. 

They walk along side some of their staff, bring their stuff and equipment they would need. The event is finish, but Yuna did not meet the person she thought she would see today. Despite a successful performance, Yuna left white a little bit of disappointment in her heart. As they reach the company's van, everyone gets on one by one and the staff loads up some stuff to the trunk at the back of the van. Yuna is the last one the get in, at the rate she already given up the chance of seeing Namjoon. One male staff and standing by the vans' door, right next to Yuna. 

"Are you set?" the male staff ask. 

"Um, yes—" Yuna stops and turn to the the male staff. That voice... is so familiar. The male staff is wearing a black hoodie, covering his head, as well as a masker to cover his face. All she can see is his eyes, which is ALSO familiar. Her eyes dilated, trying to hold the reality that is in front of her. "야... 넌..." she stutters, could not continue at all. 

"Don't forget this," the male staff, NAMJOON, hands her a plastic bag with a box inside it. "It's from a 'fan'" he says. Namjoon pull down his masker and smile. He gives Yuna a little wink before closing the door. 

Yuna still can't believe he's here. Pretending to be one of the staff! Yuna press her palm onto the window and see Namjoon standing right next to the car with his masker pulled down. He's just smiling with that mischievious looks and wave. "넌..." Yuna still can't continue her sentence. As the car drives away, she can only set her vision to him—still can't believe what just happens. Yuna sigh in distrust. Oh my god! 

❉ ❉ ❉ 

— MINJU —

The ARK just finish their second small showcase, another successful event she must say to herself. She feels satisfied for the ARK performance, although she feels like she could improve a bit more. She's now sitting in the car nicely, while fanning herself with a piece of brochure she found in the car. 

"What is Eonnie?" asks Yujin who's sitting next to her. Minju turns to Yujin. 

"I have no idea. It's from... a fan," Yuna answers as she looks at the inside of the plastic bag. "I'm just going to open it at home." 

"Wait, you're allow to take something from a fan?" Jane joins the conversation from the back seat. 

"Uuuhh, I'm not sure. But a staff gave it to me just now," says Yuna. 

"Of course! As expected our rapper would have many fans," Minju opens with a smile. 

"Ah, no. This is just one time," Yuna answers tryingt to be humble. Everyone in the car cheer toward Yuna. 

"Guys," the manager calls from the front seat. "I'm just going to tell you this, it's okay to accept presents now, but be careful, okay? Don't give anything in return carelessly. They might become 사생펜 (sasaeng fans)." 

"네!" 

Minju return to his previous activity, fanning herself. She try to point the AC hole right to her, just so her body cools down faster. Everyone is now busy with their own thoughts, some are just super tired and trying to get some sleep, some is just listening to music with their earphones on. Minju grabs her bag and takes out her phone. She looks at her screen, she receive one new message. She taps the notification bar and open the messenger app. 

 


Unknown: 잘 했어 오늘! (Good job today!)

전무주: 누구세요? (Who is this?)

Unknown: Hmmm... guess! ㅋㅋㅋ

전민주: What? Can you just tell me who is this? 

Unknown: I'll give you a hint. We have a phone call conversation less than a week ago. 


 

Minju thinks back to the people she has any phone conversation with. So far all she gets is her mom and the manager, nobody else. She thinks harder if she has any phone call with the ARK dorm landline. So far she can only think of the delivery guy... 

 


전민주: You're not the delivery guy, right? 

Unknown: Wow, really? That's your best guess? I'm hurt. 

전민주: Well, i'm sorry. I'm not a psychic.

Unknown: I'll give you another hint. I called you. You didn't call me. 

... 

전민주: You called me? This is too much. Just tell me! 

Unknown: HAHAHA, why don't you add me as your friend, so you can see my contact info.


 

Ah smart! Why didn't I just do that in the beginning? Minju taps the add friend button and a few second leter the name appear on her screen. She taps the contact info and find the name there. She couldn't believe the name on the screen. Is this really him? Or is this just some kind of prank? 

 

전민주: You're pranking me are you?

김남준: Have you add me? 

전민주: Yes...

김남준: Then, no. I'm not. It's me. Again. Hi! 


 

Minju eyes dilated, and she quickly locks her phone without replying to his last message. She start to think what should she say to him, as well as the question of how did he get my contact? Minju let that conversation on a cliffhanger. She can feel her cheeks getting warmer and warmer. Her fingertips gets cold. She press her cold and sweat hands onto her cheeks, trying to cool it down. She turn the AC up and direct it towards her. She fan herself trying to cool down. 

"Are you really that hot?" Yuna asks breaking Minju's thought. 

"Huh? Uh... yeah. It was just really hot," Minju lied. 

"Careful Eonnie, your face will get dry if you are in front of the AC too long," Yujin advices her. 

"Right. Thanks." 

Minju is feeling hot, but not because of the sun or the massive amount of dance move they just did. But because of the adrenaline. She couldn't control her heart. Just can't believe how could this day possibly come. 

❉ ❉ ❉