Chapter VI

Trust Me

MINJU

It’s almost 10 in the morning, they just arrived at M building. They will perform in one of the programme, EmKa, according to the schedule like they talk about yesterday. She just gets off the car and stretch her body as she breaths in the morning fresh air. She looks at the skyscraper in front of her and only one thing that is on her mind… besides performing well, of course. I’m going to meet him today. 

 

Few hours later~ 

3 hours left until broadcasting, and approximately half an hour left for the ARK dress rehearsal. The ARK are preparing in the waiting room, they’re getting their make up done, hair, as well as costumes. Yuna looks at the mirror and practice her rap, just in case so she wont slipped her tongue. Jane is flexing her face and relaxing her muscles, warming up before all the dance moves. Lastly, Yoo jin and Halla are practicing their vocal, getting the pitch right, and making their throat relax. Meanwhile, Minju is just sitting on the sofa thinking whether she would actually have the opportunity to meet her sunbae. I wish I have his contact, but… even if I do… i’m not close with him. Ugh, 몰라 (I don't know). Minju lets her weigh on the sofa, folding both of her arm in front of her chest. 

 

“Why are you not practicing?” suddenly a voice breaks her daydream. 

 

“Huh? Ah, I’m just taking a 5 minute break,” Minju answers politely, it was her manager who break her thought. 

 

“Don’t just slack off. Look at your team member… they are practicing hard,” he says, quite harshly. 

 

“Ah, yes… 죄송합니다 (I'm sorry),” Minju stands up and bow to the manager as the manager walks out the room. Minju sigh deeply, regretting her her decision of thinking such useless stuff. 

 

She approach Yuna who’s now holding her phone and seems to be typing. “Who are you texting?” ask Minju as she’s now close enough for Yuna to be able to hear her. 

 

“Ummm… it’s Namjoon,” Yuna answers. 

 

“He replied you?! That’s good right? I told you he’s not weirded out,” says Minju with a voice full of happiness. “Who started it first?” she adds. 

 

“Mmm… he did.” 

 

“What did he say?” 

 

“He didn’t… say anything.” says Yuna—hesitates. 

 

Minju frowns. “Why do you mean?” 

 

“Well…” Yuna still hesitates to answers, making Minju more curious. “He actually… sent me a audio file,” she move her finger on the screen and tap it a multiple time. Yuna brings her phone closer to Minju’s ear and let Minju tries to listen to what the audio file is about. Then she hears a melody, just a melody, no lyrics, jus a smoth and calm melody with a little mix of hip hop. 

 

“Is this Namjoon’s—“ then she hears a scraping voice, which made her stop talking, then… she hears it. A familiar voice, the same voice that she hears during a phone call conversation yesterday. She startles a bit. 

 

Yuna pulls her phone close to her, away from Minju’s hear. Minju looks at Yuna, she has no ideas how to feel about this, personal audio file that HE sent for Yuna. “Is this… some kind of a song for you that… he made himself?” asks Minju carefully. 

 

Yuna zip her lips tight. “Hmmm… I don’t know. Maybe. But… i don’t think it is. I mean, why would he?” 

 

Minju shrugs and lift up both of her arms, a gesture that means she doesn’t know. “Could be, right?” Is it thought? Is it for her? 

 

“Naaahh… I don’t think so. He makes songs from HIS life, about HIMSELF. He’s not the type of person who would write or make songs for other people, with this such beautiful melody,” Yuna rejects the idea of calling this song for her. 

 

“Well… aren’t you apart of his life? That’s the same thing right?” asks Minju again, insisted. 

 

“Hahahaha!” Yuna gets up from her seat and pat Minju shoulder. “I don’t think so, Minju,” then walks away toward the make up table as it is her turn to do make up. 

 

A little part of Minju wish that she's right. 

 

❉❉❉

 

NAMJOON

“Let’s go, guys. We have to hurry up and get ready…” says the manager as he walks in front of all the team, leading to the waiting room. 

 

“Ya, Jeon Jungkook! You should learn to get ready quicker, are you a girl?” Namjoon scolds the 막내 (the youngest) because he was the reason that they’re a bit late right now. 

 

“죄송합니다, 형 (I'm sorry, Hyung),” he apologises. 

 

“That’s enough, just forget it, 남준아 (Namjoon-ah),” says Hoseok trying to stop Namjoon’s anger. 

 

“He needs to stop slacking off,” says Namjoon again a little bit grumpier. 

 

에이, 됐어. 그만헤 (Hey, that's enough. Stop it),now, Yoongi try to stop Namjoon’s anger. 

 

Namjoon stay quiet, he stops scolding Jungkook and just focus on his walking pace. Jungkook, on the other hand, can only bow his head down—not brave enough to lift up his head. Namjoon walking pace gets faster, trying to catch up with the manager. From where he is right now, he can hear Jimin’s voice trying to consult Jungkook on the back. Between all of the member, it’s not a secret that the one who loves Jungkook the most is Jimin. 

 

“Why is he so grumpy today?” Namjoon is trying to eavesdrop what Hoseok say to Yoongi. 

 

“Like, I know." Yoongi asnwers sarcastically. "It’s looks more like he’s nervous than grumpy. As if he doesn’t want to be late for something…” 

 

Bingo! 

 

Yoongi’s guess is precise. He’s not grumpy, or moody, or anything like. He just doesn’t want to be late. He wants to steal a moment just for a few second, to see her face to face. No matter how brief it is. He enters the the building and quickly goes to the backstage area for performance, leaving everyone else behind who’s walking slower than he is. He’s now right outside the stage area, going for backstage door. Right after he opens the backstage door, he can see a lot of people here and there, passing by, busy with jobs to do. He walks slowly following the manager from behind, without the rest of his team member. As he walks through the crowd, he sees a group of girls being followed and following some staff. In that group of people he fix his sight to a female figure that he’s familiar with. Her hair is tied high. She’s wearing a black and white shirt, semi-leather pants, and black sneakers. Namjoon pays attention to her, as she’s trying to wear an earpiece. 

 

He can’t take his eyes off of her while walking, in addition he bump into one of the staff in front of him. The woman staff drops her clipboard as well as walkie talkie, making an unpleasant noise. 

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry,” he quickly bows and pick up the clipboard and the walkie-talkie. The staff reply with a bow and says sorry with a polite voice then walks away from Namjoon. He quickly turn his eyes to her again, making sure if she’s still there or not. Only to find that she’s already looking at him while giggling. Namjoon froze for a few second and quickly put half-smile while he scratch his scalp that’s not itchy. 

 

She bows her head a little and gives him a little wave, as well as a cute little smile. His heart throbs. He quickly bows a bit and smile back at her. 

 

“Ya, what are you doing? Let’s go!” suddenly Jin appears from behind and drag Namjoon away. As he's being drag, he still fixed his eyes on her while she’s getting further away. 

 


Notes: 

I'm so sorry, I post this chapter soooooo late. I've been busy studying for my exam next week huhuhu ㅠㅠ. I'm so sorry. Next week I wont be able to post the next chapter on time as well, but I wiil try to make some time to continue it and post it like scheduled. 

 

Anyways, here's Chapter VI, i hope it satisfy your expectation. Look forward to the next chapter, please! XD 

 

-A-