Chapter XIII

Trust Me

YUNA

"She said that?" Yuna still can't believe what Jane told her about Minju. She's now processing everything in her head. Her head hurts, wails, and throbs. She stares at Jane in full of distrust. "You should've say something!" 

"What could I possibly say. It's not like something that I can tell you bluntly, Eonnie," Jane defense herself. 

Jane and Yuna is now alone in their bedroom, talking about what just happen between Yuna and Minju. Jane tells her everything she knows that could possible help Minju to get better, or get through it. Jane had just told her that Minju had been holding her feelings back. Jane knows that from the first day Minju met Namjoon, she had fallen for him in instance. It was love at first sight no matter how cheesy it may sound. Listening through that load of information shaken Yuna a bit. She can't believe that one of her bestfriend has feeling for another one of her bestfriend but she remain oblivious about it. She's so speechless, she couldn't even respond that what Jane told her for the entire time. 

"So... she likes him?" Yuna repeat something that's already been establish. 

"I think, it's sort of obvious." 

"And... she told you that? Like directly?" 

"She didn't have to. From her body language I can already tell, and she's just starting telling me stuff like how she misses him, how she wants to see him, how broken hearted she was when she was you with Namjoon-sunbae talking at that music show," Jane explains what's been happening to Minju. 

"Wait... what music show?" Yuna frowns her eyebrows trying to recall the event. 

Jane scoff and raise her shoulders. "I can't remember specifically. But you were talking with him after our stage performance." 

Yuna continue to frowns her eyebrows, trying to think back to all of their stage performance, in which she talked to Namjoon after the performance. Yuna snap her fingers. "I remember! She saw that? What did she say?" 

"Well, I caught her looking at you guys talking in such depressing look. She didn't say anything to me and I didn't force her to, so... —But I know, she was pretty much hard broken. She taught that she lose her chance?" 

Yuna turns her position so she can face Jane properly. She grabs Jane upperarm with both of her hand, "Lose her chance?" 

"Yeah. With Namjoon-sunbae...?" 

Yuna scoff while bowing her head trying to hide her laughing face. "I can assure you she hasn't." 

"Wait...?" Jane squeeze both of her eyebrows closer together and squint her eyes.  

"Never mind. You know what, why don't you help me get her to meet him in person," says Yuna, purposing her ideas. 

"She wont cooperate. Trust me—"

"—I know," Yuna cuts her immediately. "That's why I need your help." Jane turn her position to face Yuna even more, she nods her head a few times. "Also, there one other thing that I need you to help me with." Yuna gets up from her seat and move a bit closer to her bed. She crouches near the bed and extend her arm under her bed, reaching for something. She can hear a tapping sound a few times and takes out the cube shape object from under her bed. Jane looks at the object and realize it is the shoe box that fan gave Yuna. "Help me with this," says Yuna as she opens the shoe box. 

"What does your shoes had to do with anything?" Jane asks. 

"This... is not mine. It's Minjus'," says Yuna as she points at the red converse sneakers. 

Jane frowns. "I don't understand. I thought it was from a fan for you—" 

"—Nope. There's a story behind it," 

❉ ❉ ❉

 

MINJU

3 Days Later...

Minju is now sitting in The Ark's van, accompanying Yuna who is bagging her to come along. Minju is playing with her cell, trying to pass time. Yuna wont tell her where she is going, so all she can do is just nod and smile, hide her burden heart. MInju put on her earphone to listen to music, trying to block her thoughts. But, before she could finish one song, Yuna taps her shoulder. 

"We're here," said Yuna. 

Minju opens her eyes and looks aroung the neighbourhood, but she couldn't barely see anything, let alone the environment looks unfamiliar to her eyers. She opens the car door slowly and she can feel the cold breeze is blowing to her face, her nose turns red because of the cold. Yuna runs in little step and is now standing next Minju. Minju turns her head to Yuna as soon as both of her feet touches the ground. 

"Where is this?" she asks unpleasantly. 

"Just come." Yuna walks towards Minju, opening the double door in front of them. They both walk in and they can feel the warm runs to their body immediately. Minju takes off her jacket as she follows Yuna to the second floor. Yuna still hasn't said anything, and Minju has no intention of asking her further. As they arrived on the second floor, Yuna stopped at the end of the stairs. 

"Mmm, go inside that room, I have to pee," she said while pointing out a dark room around the corner. Before Minju could answer, Yuna already left to the opposite direction. Minju did not think much and walk ahead to that dark room. As she walk in, she couldn't see anything as the room is pitch black. She runs her fingers to the wall next to her, trying to find the light switch. She feels several light switch on her finger tips and starts to push which ever. 

Lights immediately fills in the room, her pupils adjust to the suddent light change. She brush her sight to the entire room as she takes a few step forward. Her eyes stops at the corner of the room, which stops her steps as well. He notice a man figure sitting on a couch, and she can tell immediately who this person is. Kim Namjoon. He stares at her eyes as she stares at his. In a split second she looks away and try to go back to the door. But when she push the door and also pull, the door is suddenly locked. She tries to open the door forcefully but she can she someone is standing on the other side of the door. The door is made out of glass with blur filter, but she can see clearly that it's Yuna who's blocking the way. Minju is now frustrated and try to push the door even harder, but it's no use. 

"그만해..." says Kim Namjoon from a distance. His voice startled her enough that it made her shoulder shake in shock. Minju sigh heavily and turn slowly. 

She walks slowly toward the couch where Namjoon is sitting. With no sense of politeness she asks, "What do you want?"

Namjoon scoffs hearing the first thing Minju said to him. "Straight forward like always." 

"I'm not in the mood for wasting time. I need to-" 

"Why are you mad?" Namjoon cuts her as soon as he sees her getting mad. 

Minju squint her eyes and shows a confuse expression towards Namjoon. "At you? I'm not. I'm mad at her." Her meaning Yuna. 

"Fine. Then, why are you mad at her?" 

Minju folds her hand on front of her. "It's none of your business." 

"It clearly is, when it concerns me." 

"How does it concerns it?" 

"You're obviously mad at her for what happened." 

Minju couldn't answer. Her throts is clogged with word she couldn't say. Her eyes starts to burn as she makes fist. She bites her lips with her front teeth, trying to fight pain with pain so she wont cry. She avert his eye contact to something else so her tears wont come out. "What do you want me to say?" she asks. Her red nose is getting even more red. 

He shrugs. "That you're jealous." 

Her eyes get widen, can't believe what he just said to her. "Jealous? Me? Jealous? Of what exactly? You know what, excuse me... I can't believe what you just said to me. You don't even know me, and you just lightly said that the reason that I'm mad is because I'm jealous? Of what? Tell me! You don't know me well enough to make that judgement, okay?" As Minju gets everything out of her chest, Namjoon walks slowly towards her, not breaking their eye contact even just for a second. "I can't even believe that I came all the way out here to be judge by someone who barely knows me. Who FORGOT about me after he became famous. Worse of all, I can't believe that I agree to go with Yuna to some place that I dont even know-" 

Namjoon is getting even closer to her. He takes his time nicely, getting closer to Minju. 

"I'm so overwhelm with everything else and I dont even know why I'm wasting my energy and time for this-" 

Namjoon is now only a feet away from Minju. Now that he's so close, he can see clearly Minju's teary eyes and red cheeks. 

"I'm not even sure if I should be mad, or cry, or even care about all this. I'm just so... ugh... I'm so fed up with all of this and you can't even see how much it kills me to see you like this after this whole time missing-" 

Minju stops. She swallows her words back as soon as she feels a huge arm wraps around her. Namjoon hugs her. With no words, or even anything at all. Namjoon hugs her so Minju can stop talking before she cries in tears. Namjoon sigh as Minju turns into stone, unable to process what just happened. 

"Stop. I know... I miss you too." He replies as if like he already know what she wanted to say next. 

Minju's frozen. There it is. The words she's been dreaming to hear all this time. "You don't have to say anything else. I know. I'm sorry." Namjoon continue. 

At this point, Minju is not able to hold on to her emotion anymore. One drop of tears falls to her cheek as she close her eyes shut. She sighs and Namjoon holds her tighter in his arms. Minju no longer resists, she lift on of his hand and slowly reach to the back of Namjoon's shirt and grabs on to it so she wont fall because both of her knees falls asleep. She did not pulls Namjoon close to her, but that grab gives Namjoon enough sign that Minju need him to hug her even tighter so she wont fall apart, tight enough that it lift Minju up a bit for her to be tip-toeing. Namjoon smiles while hugging her and steal a kiss on Minju's head. She's so filled with emotions she's cant continue her crying. 

"I like you. So... quit worrying and stop being so mad." Namjoon continue his sentence, this time with a slower and deeper voice, reassuring Minju. Namjoon let Minju go off of his embrace and both of Minju's feet is back on the ground. Namjoon puts both of his hands on Minju's wet cheek and wipe her tears with his thumb. Minju's does not have enough strenght to open her eyes and to meet Namjoon's eyes. 

Namjoon smile and sigh in relief. "If you don't stop... I'll seriously kiss you-" 

Just right after hearing the word 'kiss', Minju's frown turn upside down and automatically push Namjoon away from her with both of her hands. Namjoon almost fell when Minju suddenly push him away. Namjoon laugh a little and quickly grab one of Minju's hand. "Hahaha... okay, I wont. For now-"

Minju glares at him, showing her rejection to that motion, which makes Namjoon laugh even harder. "Just kidding. Relax." Namjoon tuck Minju's hair to the back of her ear and travels down to Minju's chin. Namjoon smiled and reach out for other Minju's hand. He holds both of her hand softly and he looks down to her hand. Namjoon smiles once again, giving Minju a weird feeling in her heart. Something about his smile that tickles her heart. She can see both of his dimples form as he smiles, made her falls in love with him even deeper. 

"You understand now, right?" Namjoon turn his focus to Minju's eyes again. "It's you... It's always been you. No one else." 

Minju smiles for a few second after hearing that word but then she remember something. She withdraws her right hand from Namjoon's grasp. "Ahhh... this doesn't mean that I'll stop being mad at Yuna. What she did was still irresponssible." 

"I know. But at least... I know, you'll stop being mad at me right?" said Namjoon jokingly. 

"Aish..." Minju sigh. "You really are a bad guy." 

Namjoon laughs a little and pull Minju to his embrace again for a few second. "by the way... killer shoes." 

Minju looks down to her red high top converse. "Yuna gave it to me just before we went here. She insisted that I should wear it, and now I know why," says Minju sarcastically. 

Namjoon hold up his index finger and move it and mumbles telling her that she's wrong. "Nope. It's not from Yuna." 

"Pfft... what do you know? It's from her. She gave it to me-" 

"Okay fine, partially right. But that shoe... I bought it." 

"What?" Minju's confuse. 

"I bought and instructed Yuna to give to you at the right time. She was just holding it from me." Namjoon looks into Minju's eyes deeply. Minju's smile rose up, can't belief what he just said. 

"I bought it... special for you." 

Minju scoff and laughs a little. "You really are one bad guy..." 

Both of them smile to each other. Now that everything is all out in the open. Not just Minju, but Namjoon and Yuna knows as well, that everything will be fine now. 

I like you. 

❉ ❉ ❉

 


p.s I'm so sorry that I post this chapter so so so so so so so so late ㅠㅠ. I've been fed up with many things at my school, my friends, and my family. I had no time to write and inspiration was not coming as smoothly as it usually does. But, nevertheless, I still hope you read this chapter and finish reading this story (and not hate me for not updating in so long ㅠㅠ). Once again, so so so so so sorry and happy reading guys <3 

I'll post the ending as soon as possible :)