Chapter VII

Trust Me

YUNA

Yuna is breathing heavily, sweat is running down her forehead to her chin. She’s gasping for air that basically takes all the air supply in the room. She wipes her face with the back of her hand and wipes it of to her pants. The ARK just finish their stage rehearsal. Being on stage, makes her feel alive again, and seeing all supports from the SHIELD, as well as screaming for their band, name reminds her of the hard work she had put until now. To show her gratitude, she never forget to bow and wave at her fans with an expression full of happiness. She gets off the stage last, while all the members already went backstage. Some staffs hand her a bottle of water, which she immediately drinks until half of it is gone. Not to long after she open the backstage door, someone grabs her by the hand forcefully, dragging her out of the busy crowd. Her heart leaps, her eyes get wider, and she spills some of the water on the floor as the plus package. 

“Ya, what is…?!” just after the person who drags her stops, she focus her attention to the tall man with silver hair in front of her. “Ya! Are you crazy?! You almost give me a heart attack,” she pulls her hand harshly, breaks free from Namjoon’s grasp. 

“Wow, you’re foreign side just came out,” Namjoon answers in english because she is. 

Yuna often speaks in english with Namjoon and Jane, but she speaks english with Namjoon the most. It’s because they are so close with each other, there were many deep and emotional private conversation they had. They are both being careful just in case if one of their own team member would read their chats without their permission. 

“So?” says Yuna still in english. “What were you trying to do? Geez, dude,” Yuna massages her upper arm, where Namjoon grabs her tightly before. 

“Just want to talk, that’s all,” he says, back with korean. Namjoon does not continue his sentence, sounds like a cliffhanger in Yuna’s ear. 

“And?” 

“And… nothing, that’s all.” 

Yuna frowns with an expression full of suspicion. “Is this… about the message I sent you?” she asks, straightforward.

“What message?” 

“The ‘I miss you’ message?” she explains. 

“Huh? Why would it be about that?” 

“Are you serious?” Yuna throws a very common and typical english phrase when someone lost their patient. She shrugs, and sticks out her head forward. “We’re working right now. There’s no way you would talk to me while we’re working. I have to go back.” 

“What? i can’t talk to my best friend without any particular reason?” Namjoon answers with a sarcastic tone in his voice. 

“Okay. Fine. But just so you know, it was not me who sent that message to you.” 

Namjoon face goes blank for a few seconds. What Yuna said tickles his tummy then his laughter blew up, taking all the staff attention towards him who can hear his exaggerated laughter. “Like, I don’t know that?” Namjoon answers mockingly. 

Once again, Yuna frowns. “Wait, so you knew?” Namjoon nods a couple of times. “Then… why did it take you so long to reply?” 

Namjoon slips his fingers down his pocket and shrug. “Busy.” 

Hearing the most pathetic and cliche alibi ever, Yuna lands a light punch to Namjoon upper hand. He shows a grimace expression, indicating that light punch is enough to give him a slight pain, following a develish smile at the end. 

“You know, I thought you misunderstood me.” 

Namjoon laughs a little harder after hearing Yunas’ concern. “Well, who sent it then?” 

“Minju did.” 

After Yuna mention Minju name, Namjoon open his lips widely making a ‘O’ shape and clap his hands once. From his reaction, Yuna can tell Minju’s name trigger something in his brain that makes him remember something in particular. “What?” she asks. 

“I have a favour to ask,” he clenched both of his palm front of his chest. “You have some kind of small fan meeting in 5 days right?” 

“Stalker,” Yuna cuts him with a lame joke. 

“Shut up,” he says by moving his hand in front of Yunas’ face as he’s about to swat a fly. He leans on to her ear and whisper his favour. After he’s done, he resume to his original position waiting for Yuna’s respond. 

“Hahaha, that? Sure, why not. I’ll send it through messenger app,” she says. 

Namjoon grabs Yuna’s hands and clench them between his and hold it up in the middle of them. “I owe you!” 

Yuna pulls her hand again in seconds and lands another light punch to Namjoon’s upper arm. “Aish, seriously!”

 

❉❉❉

MINJU

Minju is stading behind a wall, far from what she’s observing. 2 people, best friend, talking to each other. She been watching Namjoon and Yuna talk to each other, laughing, from a far for quite some time. She been standing where she is without moving even one muscle. What she witness right now, it’s not something that she would like to see. But for some reason she can’t stop looking at it at the same time. Her heart throbs, aches, pump faster. All she wants to do is to be able to hear their conversation so she can’t stop staring at them with a heart full of curiosity. She can feel her blood running through her face, cheeks, palms, head, basically every where throughout her body. 

After a few sentences, laughter, and occasional punch exchange between them Yuna waves goodbye at Namjoon as she walks towards where she’s standing right now. Minju quickly regain all her senses and quickly turn her body around and walk away. Just before she gets to do that, she’s caught staring at those two by Jane. Apperantly Jane has been standing behind Minju all this time. 

“Jane…” she says softly, too soft that it sounds more like a whisper. 

Jane smiles lightly and approach Minju then slips her arm between Minju’s, now their hands are interlock with one another. “Let’s just walk, Eonnie,” says Jane. 

“Ummm… you don’t have to do that. I’m okay.” says Minju, politely rejects Jane’s offer. 

“Do what?” Jane answers as if she doesn’t know anything. 

“Like you don’t know.” 

“Know what?” ask Jane again. She lean her head on Minju’s shoulder as they walk slowly side by side. 

“Jane,” Minju stop walking and turn to Jane. “You’re the only one who knows,” she adds as she look deep into Jane. 

Jane smile gets wider. It does not give her any reassurance feeling what so ever. In fact, it’s the exact opposite. Minju feels like Jane pity her, which something that she hates. She doesn’t want any sympathy from anyone, she can handle it by herself. 

“I just want to walk with my favourite leader of all time. Is that wrong?” 

Minju is quiet. She shakes her head. 

“Then… lets walk.” 

Jane and Minju took their sweet time walking around the backstage area without any one actually saying anything. Jane is quiet next to Minju, and talking about what just happen is the very last thing MInju wants to do. So they just walk, very slowly, side by side until they reach the ARK’s waiting room for the second time. Even in the waiting room, Jane sits next to Minju patiently. Jane did not say anything to comfort Minju, which is fine for her because it’s not something she needs right now. Sometimes Jane would rest her head on Minju shoulder, and vice versa. As she sits, trying to just empty her mind, she can only see Yuna busy with her phone or laughing with other member. Minju exhale heavily couple of times, in an attempt to get the heavy feelings out of her body. Every time Minju does that, Jane squeezes her hand softly and let go right after. Without any words, Jane just know what to do and not to do. 

“It hurts a bit...” MInju finally speaks, hoping that at least by saying it it would lighten her heart. 

Jane turns to Minju but doesn’t say anything immediately. Jane takes her time to think and says… “There’s always a next time.” 

What if i’m already TOO late by a few years?

❉❉❉


Note: 

Hey guys, so i did something a little bit different with this chapter--I made it longer than I usually do. Please, tell me which one you prefer in the comments below. 

Happy reading guys! :)