Chapter XII

Trust Me

BTS Rapper Rap Monster and The ARK Rapper Yuna Kim Denied Dating Rumors

BTS rapper Rap Monster and rookie girlband The ARK Yuna Kim denied rumors about they're involvement in any kind of romantic relationship that was followed up by the news yesterday evening. 

Both parties admitted that they're close friends since they were both trainees and still remain in touch with each other ever since, but they're relationship is nothing more than a mere friendship. "They've known each other since Kim Namjoon (Rap Monster) was still an underground rapper. He met Yuna there in a rapper to rapper kind of relationship, nothing more," says BigHit Entertainment agency, yesterday evening. 

Earlier today K Entertainment agency that represent Yuna Kim from the ARK gave their official statement regarding this issue. "Yes, they are close friends, but they are not dating. Our Yuna is still too young to date. We advice her to just focus on her music and we hope everyone is too." says the spokesperson. "The girl in the picture is not Yuna, she has her night schedule around that time."

This statement was immediately confimred by BigHit Entertainment. The agency informed the news that it was just one of the staff accompanying Rap Monster. 

Even though official statement was given to public by both parties, fans were not satisfied. They strongly believe that the girl from the picture is Yuna from The ARK despite what the agency said. Speculation about their relationship is still going around and some questions are still remain unanswered. 

 

YUNA

Its been a week since the article was released, the tension is still high about the rumors. Both Namjoon and Yuna has been very careful to not do anything that might backfire in the future. The agency decided not to tell the news about what happened between Yuna and Namjoon that night. They say it's better for the ARK to just focus on their music and not have any kind of rumor that would distract them. Also the fact that they're still rookie, they basically haven't had their debut yet, it seems wise to just keep the truth to themselves. The agency doesn't want any anti-fans bashing them before they even had the chance to actually debut. Meanwhile, the agency is not the only one who is keeping secrets, Yuna hasn't talk to Minju regarding this rumor alone. As a team member, Yuna feels like she needs to explain to Minju about what happened and apologize to the leader. But she hasn't got the chance to do that yet. Today she gathers her bravery to talk to Minju and end things once and for all. 

Yuna walks to Minjus' bedroom door and, hesitantly, knock the door slowly. "민주야... 나야. Can I come in?" she opens the door slowly without waiting for Minjus' answer. She's peaking inside the room and see MInju staring to the door while folding her laundry. Minju stares at her without saying anything, she shrugs meaning she's allowing her to come in to the room. 

"What is it?" asks Minju as soon as Yuna sits right in front of her. 

"I want to talk to you about the rumor—" Yuna stops so she can she MInjus' reaction, but nothing. Minju just continue folding her laundry without giving any responds. "I... I... want to apologize—" 

"For?" MInju cuts her immediately. 

"For... causing you any trouble and for... everything else. About meeting Namjoon as well, I know you want to meet him but—" 

"Wait, wait. Why does that matter?" once again Minju cuts her. 

Yuna's quiet for a while thinking if she had said something wrong. "Well... I know that you... miss him. So I just thought..." 

Minju scoff hearing Yuna's reasoning. "Do you really think I'm mad at you because you met him?" Yuna decided not to answer. "No, it's not that. It's never that. I'm mad because you... LIED to me." 

"Wait, what are you talking about? I never lie about anything to you..." 

"Well, you did not tell me about your little meeting. Do you still respect me as your leader? Forget that... do you still even consider me as your friend?" 

Yuna is speechless, she sigh in distrust. "Minju. I told the manager, that's enough right?" 

"You respect the agency by doing that, but you definitely did not consider me. You didn't even have the decency to at least tell me you were going out!" right now Minju's anger is reaching to it's , her jaws harden, her breathe becomes shorter and faster. For a second there, Yuna can almost see the veins on her forehead. "This has nothing to do with the fact that you met him, you could do whatever you want with him, I couldn't careless." 

Silence. Yuna could not even respond or look Minju in the eyes. She didn't thought, what she did would make this such huge mess. 

"What I can't believe is that you put our TEAM in jeopardy. You need to understand your position here Yuna. We're all still rookies here, we couldn't bear any rumors like that in the time being," Minju's voice soften, her expression loosen and more relax. MInju sigh deeply, "You should rest, better get ready for tomorrow." 

Yuna looks at Minju. "I just want to say I'm sorry. I didn't know this would happen. I should have been careful. But you should know that I don't repect you any less than before. I should have said something and I admit that was my own doing." Yuna gets up slowly and walks out Minju's room. 

Just when she opens the door, she sees all the members outside, frozen. The atmosphere is so intense that she could even feel it. Yujin, Jane and Halla are trying to make themselves busy with something, distract their attention to something else. Yuna didn't say a word, she leaves the room and enters her own. All she need right now is some peace and quiet to herself. 

❉ ❉ ❉

 

MINJU

Minju is now sitting in her room alone, she bow her head down and both of her palm is covering her face. She can feel her cheeks hot, her heart throbs, and her fingers are shaking. Adrenaline had taken control of her body. Suddenly, she hears the door is being open. She lift her head and she Jane on the doorstep. She stares at Jane with a blank expression. 

"Can I come in?" Jane asks. 

Minju nods slowly and bow her head once again. Jane sits right next to Minju on the floor and embrace her shaking shoulder. Jane rubs Minju's upper arm in affection and lays her head on Minju's shoulder. Minju isn't crying, but she can feel that Minju is scared and broken right now. "Are you okay?" she ask carefully. 

Minju shakes her head slowly. "You want to know what I told her?" 

"What?" she continues. 

"I... uummmh... I said... huft," MInju sigh heavily, as if she's trying to hold her tears. She takes a deep breath. "I told her, that I couldn't careless about what she did with him. I couldn't careless." 

"But... you actually do," Jane asks again and Minju nods. "Could it be possible, you're acting like this, just because of that. It's not because of...?" 

"What? No. I didn't scold her because I was jealous, I scold her because she was not being careful," Minju explains herself. "But... maybe the jealousy had taken the best of me." 

Jane is quiet for a few moments, she just continue rubbing Minju's shoulder with affection. "It's okay, Eonni. Don't worry about it, I'm sure she knows that you were just doing what you do as a leader," Jane tries to consult her. 

Minju did not respond. 

"Do you want to talk about it? It seems like it's a good time to start. Let it out of your chest," Jane suggest. 

Minju nods and sigh heavily. She starts telling her what's on her mind and Jane is just there try to listen and comfort her. 

❉ ❉ ❉

 

YUNA

Yuna is holding her phone within her grasp. She's talking to Namjoon about what happened between her and Minju just now. 


YOU-나: She's mad. We had a screaming match just now. 

김남준: You got into a screaming match with her? 

YOU-나: Well not exactly. I was not as much of a screaming match, more like pissed. 

김남준: Is she mad at you because you came to see me in private? 

YOU-나: She's mad because I was not being careful as a team member. She sortof tells me that I also represent the whole time, not just myself. 

김남준: She got that right. 

YOU-나: Who's side are you on? 

김님준: I'm not on anyone side, I'm just saying as a leader, I get her concerns. 

김남준: Did she say anything else about us? 

YOU-나: No, nothing. She's just mad about the article i guess. But, she still refuse to look me in the eyes. 

김남준: She wont return my calls or reply my message either. 

... 

김남준: Tell you what, why don't you help me meet her instead? 

YOU-나: What?! While everything that's going on right now? I don't think she'll cooperate.

김남준: Don't tell her she's meeting me... and we need to be more discreet about the place. 

YOU-나: What are you purposing?


 

After she types her last message to Namjoon, she hears the doorknob is being open. She turns to the door and see Jane walks in. She sits properly and Jane stands in front of her. 

"Can we talk about what just happened?" Jane asks. 

Yuna sigh, of course Yuna knows Minju told her everything. The only one that Minju talks to about this kind of stuff is either Jane or herself. Yuna close her eyes for a few seconds, preparing herself what might comes next. 

"Sure," she answer with a heavy heart. 

❉ ❉ ❉