Avoiding

My Lovely Brother

Today Jieun left to campus earlier, again. It's been a week after her last meeting with Seungho and after that incident at the alley. She was upset. She tried to forget what happened that day. About Seungho, and about Sehun. But, what bothered her the most, was the 'incident' with Sehun. Jieun was angry, upset, and embarrassed. She took every effort to avoid Sehun. She left earlier to campus, she avoided him at the campus, go to canteen when he came to her class, go to library when he was at the canteen. Even when dinner time, she choose to stay in her room.

 

#flashback

 

"I don't care what people thinking of me. I just wanna cry to let go of the pain in my heart. I just need to cr--hmpttf-" Jieun eyes wide open, her mind went blank, unable to processed what's going on. Her body became numb, can't make a single move, can't feel anything but burned.

Sehun can't help but smile at the back of his head, feeling the softness of her lips. And the next second, he back away. Parting their connected lips. Just when he was about to say something,

Plaaak!!

"What the hell are you doing?!" Jieun yelled then run away before Sehun got the chance to grab her hand.

 

--------

 

"Where is Jieun noona?" Sehun asked his parent who having their breakfast.

"Oh, she left earlier today. She said there's quiz or something like that. Come, have your breakfast Sehun-ah." His mother said, answering his question. Even though he didn't believe it. Not to his mother, but to the reason Jieun left earlier. Sehun sit beside his father, take a sip of his milk then take a couple of bread. He stopped when his father asked,

"Dis something happen to my princess?"

"What do you mean, darling?" His mother asked, didn't understand to the sudden question from her husband.

"Sehun-ah?" Instead respond to his wife, he looked at his son.

"What do you mean, dad? Is there something wrong with noona?" Sehun replied, tried to sound normal, like he knows nothing.

His father let out a sigh, "Ani, I just feel, like something's strange. Jieun locked herself in her room since a few days. She barely get her dinner and leave earlier to campus. I think maybe, you know something." His father explained.

"Ah, me too. I feel the same. At first I thought it was because of school, but Jieun never be like this just because school. Do you know something, Sehun-ah?" His mother continued.

Sehun take a deep breath then exhale. "Hmm, I don't know, maybe that's really because of school." He replied, not sure. "Or maybe, she was sad because Seungho hyung had back to Japan. Just maybe." It was what Sehun thought at first. He thought Jieun was sad and angry because Seungho, but then he realized that he was the reason, because Jieun kept avoiding him.

 

----------

 

"Okay class, see you next week. And don't forget to submit the song you write." Mr. Kim said as he exit the class.

"Jieun-ah, come on! I was tired seeing your gloomy face. I know you're broken hearted, but life must go on, Jieun-ah." Suzy whined to her bestfriend who lost her smile this few days.

"What are you talking about? It's not about Seungho, I'm happy if he is happy." Jieun felt a slight pain in her heart remembering her best boy(space)friend. It's a lie if she told that she doesn't get hurt, if she was fine. But she tried. She tried to let him go, to be happy for him, even though not with him.

"Then? Who did make you become this shabby?"

"Jieun-ah, may I borrow your notes last week? I lost mine." Chanyeol came, interrupting the conversation between the girls.

"Yah, neo! Don't you see I was talking with Jieunie? Such a disturbance." Suzy complained at the disturbance.

"Yah, is your topic really important? I just want to borrow Jieun's notes, and that's very important to me!" Chanyeol talked back. Jieun just smile seeing the two as she calm her friend down who's about to continued arguing. She took her notes then handed it to Chanyeol.

"Here,"

"Ah, thank you Jieun-ah." Chanyeol received the book. "Hmm, Jieun-ah, are you sick? You look pale?" Chanyeol asked with concern.

"Ya! You've got what you want. Now, shuu shuu.." Suzy cut off when Jieun just about to answer. Chanyeol, finally gave up and left the girl, not forget to let out his tongue to suzy.

"Hyuuung, let's go to canteen!" Sehun barged in and approached Chanyeol.

"Oh? Sehun-ah, what are you doing here?"

"Ehmm, I just pass by so I came in to asked you to the canteen. Let's go, I'm hungry." Sehun make an excuse, as his eyes observing a girl, Jieun.

"Ah, mianhae Sehun-ah, I still have a class after this."

"Ah, okay then. I'll go first. Bye hyung!" Sehun took a glance to his sister who seem careless about his present, then get out from the class.

"Ya Jieun-ah, you two haven't get along yet?" Suzy asked curiously.

"When have I? And I don't think I have to." Jieun said coldly.

Suzy sighed and turn to the front, sat properly on her seat, "However, he is your brother." And then the lecturer came while Jieun's mind was out of nowhere.

 

-----------------------

 

"You sure don't want me to drop you? I can't let you go home alone with this condition." Suzy offered (or rather nagging) Jieun for drove her home.

"What's condition? I'm perfectly fine Suzy-ah. I'll be home safely. Go! You have a date with Minho oppa right? Go!" Jieun tried to push Suzy away.

"We are just going to bookstore Ji, but- o, Chanyeol !!!" Suzy got an idea, she waved her hand, signaling Chanyeol to come.

"What are you doing?" Jieun smell something fishy seeing Suzy's smile and gesture.

"Wae?" Chanyeol came over.

"Can you give Jieun a ride? She doesn't feel good, I can't drop her because I have appointment. Please Chanyeol-ssi,," Suzy asked nicely while Jieun had her eyes wide open.

"Ah mwoya?? Ani, ani, it's okay Chanyeol-ah, you don't have to. I'm fine, really." Jieun tried to explain.

"Jinjja? But you look pale, Jieun. It's okay for me to drive you home. Let's go." Chanyeol took Jieun's hand.

"But-" just when Jieun about to refuse, a motorcycle stopped in front of them.

"Get on,,!" Said the rider after took off the helm.

"Oh, Sehun-ah, I think you had go home. I didn't see you in the dance room before." Chanyeol said.

"Em, Chanyeol-ah, I think I will go home with you, kajja!" Jieun said before exchanging glance with Suzy.

"You will go home with me. Mom told me to wait you and go home together. Hurry up! I've been wait you so long." Sehun said while take Jieun's other hand.

"We're going first, Chanyeol hyung, Suzy noona. See you!" He said when Jieun has sit behind him. While Jieun set her poker face.

"Nee, be careful!" Chanyeol said, waving hand. Turn to left seeing Suzy with dumbed face.

"Ya, Suzy-ya! Do you need a ride too?" He waved his hand in front of her face.

"Did..did he just call me noona? How can he call me noona?! I'm just 1 year older, I'm don't look that old, right Chanyeol-ah?"

"Ahh, that's right. He was wrong to call you noona. He should've called you ahjumma. Hahaha..." Chanyeol walked away.

"Yaaaaa! What did you say???!!!"

He turn around and bowed, "Annyeongigyeseyo ahjumma-nim, haha." He walked and waved his hand.

"YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!" Suzy screamed just like an ahjumma. >O<

 

--------------------------------

 

They've arrived to their home. Jieun get down and took off her helm, but she get trouble with the lock. Sehun get down and took off his helm. Then turn back and bend down to give Jieun help. Their face was about inches away and Jieun felt burning in her cheek. The helm was took off and Sehun came in to the house, leaving Jieun speechless and red face. Jieun's mind came back one minute later. She slapped her cheek repeatedly.

"I'm home,," she said, while took off her shoes. Came in to living room, seeing her mother sitting on the sofa reading magazine.

"Oh, you two go home together. Go change and then have lunch, dear." Her mom said, still focus at her magazine.

Jieun stopped her step, "Mom, did you tell Sehun to wait for me so we can go home together?" She asked her mother.

Her mother eyes leave the magazine and then looked at her daughter, "Aniyo. Did he just wait for you? Ahh, such a gentleman. You are really lucky, Jieun-ah. You have to treat him well, you know!"

"Whatever,,," Jieun answered careless, walked to her room

"Aissshh, that kid." Her mom whispered, shook her head then back to read magazine.

 

---------

 

Jieun was about to enter her room, but her attention was dragged to the room next to hers. She knocked the room and the owner open the door immediately.

"Why? Do you miss me already, princess?" Jieun was welcomed by the familiar smirk. She rolled her eyes.

"Why did you lie to me?"

"What?"

"Earlier, mom didn't tell you to wait for me, right? You lied." Jieun explained. She crossed her hands.

"Ahh, that's it. Yea, I did lie." Sehun confessed without guilty.

"Why should you?" She raised her eyebrows.

"So you can't avoid me."

"Heh, what did make you think so?"

"Am I wrong? So you prefer Chanyeol hyung to take you home? But I thought you like Seungho hyung. Did you just give up your feeling to him because he has girlfriend?" He bombarded her with speculation.

"Stop it! You know nothing about me, or him." Jieun debated.

"You think so? I think I was the one who know you the most. You like him for years. He broke your heart. You're hurt and angry, then lock yourself for days. Skipped meals, being gloomy all day, crying out loud all night. You look so terrible because of him." Sehun concluded.

"Geumanhae!!!! I told you, you know nothing. It's not him! You don't know me and never would! Just mind your own business!" She raised her voice. They stared into each other eyes for a while.

She turn to her room and slammed the door hardly. Sehun stood still at the door frame, slightly watching her brushed the tears that unexpectedly fall. He felt slightly pain in his chest, but then raised a smirk,

"If it's not him, then it's me. It's me that make your world crumble up and down." He whispered to himself.

 


A/N: haiiiiiiiii, sorry for take so long for updating hehe.