Back to usual

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 7 – Back to usual

 

* * * *

 

The ride home from the airport the next day was beyond awkward. Throughout the ride, Jinri would shift uncomfortably and Minho would try to keep his gaze on the road instead of the fidgeting woman in the passenger seat.

The flight had been extended until the evening. And as soon as they arrived back at the house, Jinri flew from the car, grabbing a couple of bags and bounded up the stairs to her room, shutting it quietly behind her.

Incident last night just kept flashing back in her mind just like a broken record and then she would always thank to all saints that made her was able to stop what it wasn't supposed to happen on time.

"Mistake! It would be another mistake if it ever happens again." Said Jinri as she took a deep breath.

Jinri went to the bed and pulled her drawer to take out a book, she flipped the particular page and held a photo out.

"I am so sorry. So sorry to be so selfish. You aren't a mistake but it's us who are at fault. Don't ever forgive me easily when you learn the truth." Whispered Jinri. She closed her eyes to shut out all of emotions that wanna burst out. "I am one of those very bad mothers on earth I know but I really love you, Jimmy. Mom just misses you so much."

A few moments later Jinri returned the book back into the drawer, she then checked her cell phone and saw many voice messages. Krystal had left her one wishing her a good weekend and a few of constant things about running the restaurant. Her mother had left her two inquiring about what she wanted for her birthday which was a good two months away and then there was another one from a number she didn't recognize.

Furrowing her eyebrows she listened to the message that began to play.

"Uh, Jinri? This is Taemin. Um, before you think I'm a stalker or something, I did go to your restaurant and…well Krystal? She said you were out for the weekend. And she gave me your number and I hope that's alright? I was wondering if you would like to have lunch on Monday, as friends of course. Give me a call back at this number."

By the end of the message, Jinri had a smile on her face and unconsciously already touched the re-dial screen even before she knew what she was doing.

"Hello?" A voice uttered from the other other end.

Jinri froze, realizing she had dialed Taemin's number. She cleared uncertainly. "Yes, Taemin?"

"Jinri!" Taemin drawled, slowly. She was certain that there was a smile in his voice as she heard him continued. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"Well..." Started Jinri as she paused. She thought of Minho, hoping that he was still downstairs because she still hadn't heard the sound of the door at the master bedroom yet.

"I received your message and am…um…just…calling you back." Jinri banged her head lightly against the bed frame, chiding herself on how stupid she sounded.

Taemin chuckled on the other line. "Do you want to go to lunch?"

"That was my intention that I called." Replied Jinri as she smiled at herself. "But I guess I lack in the social skills department."

Taemin laughed softly. "Nonsense. It is cute. Now, how does eleven thirty sound for tomorrow, Tuesday? Since Monday is about to end already." Asked Taemin, guiding the subject back where it was intended to go.

Jinri nodded to no one in particular. "The flight was extended out of plan so I just got home earlier. But yeah, let's make it up for tomorrow. Tuesday is perfect. Where would you like to meet?"

"You pick." Replied Taemin.

"There's this Korean cuisine restaurant at Apgujeong which was just opened a few months ago and I really like it. I believe you've reviewed it." Suggested Jinri, tapping her finger to her chin in thought.

"Ah yes, that one. SongHoen's Korean cuisine. Nice choice. Well, then I guess I will see you tomorrow. Have a good night Jinri." Said Taemin, his voice holding sincere kindness.

"You too." Said Jinri and she ended the call. She took one look at her suitcase and decided that she would put her clothes away in the morning and headed out of her room in search of something to drink. Once downstairs, she found a note on the table.

"Went to the office. Don't wait up."

Jinri crumpled the note in her hands. She knew whom it was from even if it didn't say so, but what hurt the most was that he couldn't even come tell her face-to-face. He knew that she knew of his illicit affair, so why couldn't he just fess up to her where he was going? Maybe if he did that, it would make both of their lives tons easier.

 

- - - -

 

Jinri pulled the scarf taut and picked up her pace to the restaurant where she was supposed to meet Taemin. Once inside, the rush of warm air greeted her as she unwound her scarf, scanning the area for her friend.

Taemin was sitting in a corner booth, a bright smile on his face as her gaze fell on him. Returning the smile, Jinri hurried to the booth and slid in across from him, a sigh escaping from her lips.

"Did you walk?" Asked Taemim, amused.

Jinri nodded while s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter