Misconception

Secret that’s solemnly mistaken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 16 – Misconception

                                                                                                         

* * * *

 

Minho trudged into his office late Monday morning, looking like a completed zombie as if he hadn't slept in days along with not shaving. He didn't bother to knowledge anyone he passed by on his way, instead he was heading straight for his office. Even once in his office, Minho questioned himself why did he even make the effort to come in to work until he spied the Lee's file that lay open on his desk and he scowled at it unconsciously.

Minho figured that Taemin would knew all about their little spat by now since he and Jinri were such great friends.

An unspeakable amount of extreme jealousy filled Minho's veins as he sat in his chair and thought about the terrible situation they were in now. How Jinri even found out about Yuri being in the office that night was what he couldn't figure out, and most importantly how Yuri even knew that he was going to be in the office that evening, also was beyond him.

Unless.....

Jinki!! He was the only one to text Minho and asked him to pick up Mr. Han's file. Jinki must have known that Yuri would be there!

Suddenly, an entirely new wave of emotion flooded Minho's body, a raw anger. He immediately rose from his plush office chair and stalked angrily towards the doorway. It was at that moment in time that the phone decided to ring, successfully stopping Minho from stalking into Jinki's office and ripping his head off.

Begrudgingly, Minho walked back to the phone. Picking it up abruptly, he barked into the phone, "Hello?"

"Hey! What is wrong with you, man?" Asked Jinki from the other line.

A vein popped in Minho's head and he was sure that his left eye had twitched slightly out of anger toward his friend. Between clenched teeth, Minho replied, "Lee Jinki! Come down to my office. Now!"

"Alright." Said Jinki slowly as he sounded confused. Hesitantly, he continued. "Well, give me a moment."

Minho paced angrily in his office, sure that he would wear a path in the carpet, while he waited for Jinki to arrive. When the door opened, Minho's peripherals identified that it was indeed Jinki and he kept pacing until the door closed.

Once Minho heard the faint click of the door latch, he rounded on Jinki. "What the hell was up with Saturday night?" Minho was positive that the windows rattled and that the paper-thin walls were revealing everything that he was saying, but he didn't ing care right now. Anger got the best of him.

Jinki's eyebrows shot to his hairline and a look of confusion plastered on his face. "What?! Of course I was in Japan on Saturday night. With Luna, like I told you."

"I'm talking about the ing text you sent me and you know damn well what I'm talking about!" Yelled Minho furiously, slamming a fist onto his desk.

"What the damn text you are talking about here?" Demanded Jinki, becoming irritated with his friend's tone. "I didn't have my phone for the entire weekend!"

Minho threw his arms into the air and bit out sarcastically, "I'm ing sure you did. And I suppose that you didn't want the Han's file either?"

"Wait! What would I need that file for? It's your dad's case! And you knew it well I only assisted it once and if there were any complications they were to go straight to your dad!" Returned Jinki, becoming angrier at every accusation that Minho was throwing on his way out of blue.

Everything that Minho had eaten that morning threatened to come up. Why hadn't he thought of that before? He knew from the beginning that there was something off about the whole ordeal, it wasn't even his case! Collapsing into the nearest chair, Minho pulled out his phone and flipped through the text messages until he found the ones from Jinki. He held the phone out for his friend to see.

Reading through the messages, Jinki frowned deeper, fidgeted with the phone a bit and looked back toward Minho. "It's my number but I didn't send those to you. Well, I lost my phone at the airport, ask Luna."

Minho nodded and sighed frustratingly. "Only one thing I could think of right now. I think....I've been set up, Jinki."

"What happened on your valentine's date?" Asked Jinki tentatively, situating himself in a chair across from Minho and listened as Minho regaled the not so glorious evening on that day.

Once he was finished, Jinki heaved a heavy sigh as he leaned back in his chair. He sat that way for a couple of minutes, just watching his friend carefully. Minho was obviously under a lot of stress and was really torn up over the entire ordeal.

After a few moments, Jinki spoke, "Indeed sounds like you were set up."

"Darn it!!!" Cursed Minho, the edges of his mouth pulling up slightly before setting in a grim line. "I don't know how Jinri found out about Yuri so quickly. The Limo was gone by the time I got back downstairs and I know she couldn’t see my office from the street."

Folding his hands in front of Minho, Jinki contemplated, "Well, for my perception, I think if you were really set up, someone must had been there to take the picture and of course that person know Jinri's number."

"It is probably the same person who stole your phone." Said Minho and then he gave Jinki a look. Furrowing his eyebrows, he asked, "Do you have Jinri's cell phone number in your phone?"

"Yeah." Jinki nodded, "It was Luna who put it in."

Frustrated, Minho shook his head. "This is crazy, who would go to all this trouble just to set Jinri and I up? What's their motive?"

Jinki shrugged helplessly just as then the intercom buzzed. Minho sighed and pressed the button, "Yes, Taeyeon?"

"Mr. Choi, Mrs. Choi is on her way up with the children." Said the secretary kindly. Minho couldn't help but love the elderly woman when he first met her once she had taken over Yuri's old position.

Excitement, fear and anxiousness filled Minho as he locked his nervous stares with Jinki and thanked Taeyeon. Jinki made the move about to leave when Minho immediately beckoned him to sit back down.

"No, don't leave. I might be willingly less apt to get on my knees and beg if you're here." Said Minho.

Jinki chuckled quietly, "Now that it would be something I'd like to see."

The door to Minho's office opened and his children bounded through the door straight to Minho. Jimmy and Jaemi threw their arms around him and he gladly gathered his kids in the arms with a smile.

"Daddy! I missed yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter